Team-BHP - Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/160298-cricket-world-cup-2015-thread-its-australia-yet-again-21.html)

Yes, unless BD really,really accelerate in the power play and I don't see that happening, we are through.

Just realised that India have completely bowled out the all the 6 opponents in the 6 group stage matches they have played in this WC tournament. Will they be able to do it today? :)

Just 2 more, 6 overs left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3667205)
Just realised that India have completely bowled out the all the 6 opponents in the 6 group stage matches

Just 2 more, 6 overs left.

Make that 7 opponents in 7 matches! clap:

Dhoni's 100th win in ODIs as the Indian Captain! :D

A bit worried if Australia makes it through tomorrow. That match is not going to be easy by any means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3667227)
Dhoni's 100th win in ODIs as the Indian Captain! :D

A bit worried if Australia makes it through tomorrow. That match is not going to be easy by any means.

Definitely not easy, but a nice and sweet revenge it will be if India beat Australia in the Semis and give them a bit of a rest. stupid:

PS: All this, if Aus wins against Pak. Somehow feel it is a 50 - 50 game knowing that Pak can throw a bit of a surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3667227)

Australia should be able to beat Pakistan tomorrow. Just hope that we win the toss on the 26th & its a flat batting pitch & there traditionally is a bit of turn at Sydney, so if anything thats our best chance!:)
Just hope its an exciting game & not a one sided contest, only issue being its on a weekday.:Frustrati

I just hope that we have a close game tomorrow, whatever the outcome. Enough of these one sided encounters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3667256)
Just hope its an exciting game & not a one sided contest, only issue being its on a weekday.:Frustrati

Just like the India-Pakistan SF during 2011 WC! I recall it was a working day and more than half of our office floor was empty. Suddenly, all the staff had urgent work, health issues, bank jobs etc on that day! lol:

Going by the voting pattern by T-BHPians, it seems tomorrow is PAK's turn to go home.

BAN (not even a contender) - Out
SL - (0 Vote) - Out
ENG - (1 Vote) - Out

PaK - (2 Votes)
WI - (3 Votes)

But at the same time, Pakistan and WI are the most unpredictable teams so beware. Only thing against them is that PAK is playing against mighty Aussies and No SA for West Indies. So they both look well set to go home.

On the contrary, everyone at work were very clear as to why they were leaving office at 1 PM :)

In fact, I almost fought with my boss because she was wearing green that day :D

Wonder what reason to give for India's SF match next week. Sick leave got used up today and is no longer an option. Guys lets put our grey matter together and come up with a excuse for the working class before next week :)

I dont think there will be any surprises for the rest of the Quarterfinals. I think both New Zealand and Australia will smother their opponents.

I think it will be a India NZ final with India retaining the cup :D.

P.S. Yes the patriotic in me wrote this post stupid:

You guys must have noticed lot of jokes and sarcasm running around today's win against Bangladesh on social media sites but I am posting a serious one here and believe that fans should keep their emotion under control while expressing frustration against bad performance of players:

Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again !-11070220_1131851313537902_4529540627946845277_n1.jpg

Starting today my office was airing the match on a large screen in the cafeteria from 10 AM .They will continue to do so till India is in the game.
This was based on a request to de-congest the office NW which we are experiencing on all match days. Though the NW condition didn't improve much, we had a stadium like experience.

Our bowling and fielding have been great. Batting has been purring along on 4th gear. Hope we shift to the 5th (or 6th) in the SF.