Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 01:01   #2161
BHPian

Thanks for the link Salil. What were Ixo thinking while they made the model? RPM, if you have some other 1:43s to compare, you might notice that the Amby is larger than even some of the SUV models. Didn't mean to upset you. The model is nice, but I am not thankful to Ixo for messing up a legendary car, (atleast for Indians.)
Old 1st April 2008, 01:34   #2162

HERE is a new mod to the EVO. I am Gettin bored now.

Put BBS style Wheels and an End Can
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc01484.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01485.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01486.jpg  

Old 1st April 2008, 01:53   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Thanks for the link Salil. What were Ixo thinking while they made the model? RPM, if you have some other 1:43s to compare, you might notice that the Amby is larger than even some of the SUV models. Didn't mean to upset you. The model is nice, but I am not thankful to Ixo for messing up a legendary car, (atleast for Indians.)

I have a few 1:43s but not check them against the Amby yet, while I do look for authentic details, I felt I had to forego a bit on this particular model, since I am unaware of anyother Hindustan Ambassador models in diecast. As I mention in an earlier post, the only other Amby models on the market are plastic. Maybe IXO needs to market the Amby as a Diecast model sans the scale, anyways I am just glad that I have atleast one 'Diecast' model of the beloved Ambassador. Regardless of what scale it is.
Old 1st April 2008, 13:24   #2164
BHPian

RPMPKDMFF congrats on the Amby. I love the amby so much that I would buy this one model even though its 1:43 though I strictly collect only 1:18s. (blackadder is probably muttering under his breath). I dont think IXO got official drawings from HM for this car. So they might have found This particular Amby somewhere in India or even in Europe as someone might have imported it there for novelty and modelled the scale model based on that. Thats the only thing that would explain this being pot pourri of Ambys. But I reiterate RPMPKDMFF (dude you need a shorter nick) enjoy the car and its a great buy.
Old 1st April 2008, 14:10   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
RPMPKDMFF congrats on the Amby. I love the amby so much that I would buy this one model even though its 1:43 though I strictly collect only 1:18s. (blackadder is probably muttering under his breath). I dont think IXO got official drawings from HM for this car. So they might have found This particular Amby somewhere in India or even in Europe as someone might have imported it there for novelty and modelled the scale model based on that. Thats the only thing that would explain this being pot pourri of Ambys. But I reiterate RPMPKDMFF (dude you need a shorter nick) enjoy the car and its a great buy.
Thanks BEEM3R, am more than happy with the Amby. As for my nick, you can call me RPM, I know there is another member with a similar connotation, but his is R.P.M. so omit the dots for me
Old 1st April 2008, 16:22   #2166
Senior - BHPian

nice amby there.. and folks since you have seen my collection.. ( partial though) in the previous pages.. can you guys please suggest me to do some modding on my stuff? i have started collecting scale models since almost 10 years now.. those models havent posted yet. but never have modded any of them..

so,

suggestions are welcome.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:25   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Nothing sensational apart from the regular stuff which includes some 1:18/1:24 cars and lots of Kinsmart Cars in the scale of 1:28 to 1:36 which includes a previous gen Ford Focus.... and some badly detailed Sunway toys manufactured diecast Scorpio, Innova, Swift and so on.

By the way, BHPian 300 KMPH found a plastic but decently detailed scale model of the good old Tata Truck.

Link to the original post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/466187-post916.html

In my very first post, I was talking about the scale model of Tata 407 made by Funtoyz. My friend owns these two models, a Tata 407 and an Ashok Leyland Cargo. Here's a pic

thats soem good collection.. i had a scale model of DCM Toyota Dyna some years back.. wish i had it now..
Old 1st April 2008, 18:40   #2168
BHPian

Hahaha Beem3r. I am doing cart wheels with joy just imagining you paying for your first 1:43.
RPM, do enjoy the Amby like Beem3r said. I would have liked one too but it would dwarf the few 1:43s I have and hence wouldn't be able to enjoy it on its own merits. I think I am that anal about models being strict to scale.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:18   #2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
I think I am that anal about models being strict to scale.
Oye Adder, What are you again?
Old 1st April 2008, 21:21   #2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
nice amby there.. and folks since you have seen my collection.. ( partial though) in the previous pages.. can you guys please suggest me to do some modding on my stuff? i have started collecting scale models since almost 10 years now.. those models havent posted yet. but never have modded any of them..

so,

suggestions are welcome.
Do one thing. Put up pictures of your 1:24 Model cars which are not that important to you. I will guide you step by step on how to mod them
Old 1st April 2008, 21:47   #2171
BHPian

Its just what you read Cyrus....atleast when it comes to diecast.
Been to Inorbit Crosswords today and they have the Audi RS4 convertible in black, Audi R8 in silver, Cadillac ElDorado in red (new color) and a BMW M6 in blue. All by Maisto in 1:18. They also had a black SLK and 997 Carrera. The SLK looked pretty nice.
The R8 is rough around the edges and is a step down for Maisto. So also the RS4. The M6 needs bigger wheels and lower profile tires. The kidney grill is wonky in the one example I happened to hold. The engine in the 997 is the pits. Never seen a worser engine. The body is nice though and I hope Maisto can make the 997 Turbo in coupe form soon.

Last edited by blackadder : 1st April 2008 at 21:48.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:09   #2172
BHPian

Forgot to add that Lifestyle Inorbit is offering a 40% off on their Burago 1:24 models. Some nice cars out there too, Alfa Romeo 156s in various police versions, a white Countach, some Murcielagos, Range Rovers (again in police colors), Fiat Puntos...some more which I cannot remember now. I think the models now cost around 300 bucks with the discount.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:23   #2173

Holy !##! i want to go to inorbit as soon as possible. Want another 1:18. Ohh damn i forgot. Cant buy it!! Dad has banned me.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:42   #2174
BHPian

Saleen S7

1:18 Motor Max - Saleen S7 (Silver)
Name:  scale118_saleen_s7_001.JPG
Views: 4487
Size:  72.2 KB
Old 1st April 2008, 22:54   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Holy !##! i want to go to inorbit as soon as possible. Want another 1:18. Ohh damn i forgot. Cant buy it!! Dad has banned me.
Loopholes...Cyrus...loopholes. Your dad hasn't banned 1:24! So you have a way out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks