Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 18:21   #2206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
I think the McLaren SLR and the HUMMER H1 are done in good measure by Maisto, have both of them and they seem quite good.
Sadly, the H1 is not true 1:18. Only Exoto makes it true to scale. I know this because my Aa Pajero kind of dwarfs it.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:47   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Sadly, the H1 is not true 1:18. Only Exoto makes it true to scale. I know this because my Aa Pajero kind of dwarfs it.
I always thought the H1 at Exoto seemed bigger than my Maisto. Well I guess I have to buy that now.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:54   #2208

That X-Type has maddive modding potential. Take that from me. I can visualise it in my mind already.

Also, i think the Carerra GT by maisto looks really bad. Lesse, i may go have a look at it at modelart one of these days.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 8th April 2008 at 22:55.
Old 8th April 2008, 23:00   #2209
Senior - BHPian

I have an X Type too in silver like the one above. Its nothing different from a regular Maisto model. Maisto also makes 1:18 Ferrari kits apart from the 1:24 ones. Dont know how good they are but certainly look decent.
Old 8th April 2008, 23:56   #2210
BHPian

Cyrus, Maisto's CGT is really nice for the money. It only does not have carpetting and finer detailing. For that you pay 3 times more with an Autoart. The call is ultimately yours...depends on how much you like the car.
Old 9th April 2008, 00:00   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Cyrus, Maisto's CGT is really nice for the money. It only does not have carpetting and finer detailing. For that you pay 3 times more with an Autoart. The call is ultimately yours...depends on how much you like the car.
I agree blackadder. IMO, Maisto has some real good machines, just that at their price you need to give them some room for improvement. The Maisto models are great when you are just starting out a collection and on a limited income, that is how I started mine couple of years ago... now I try to pick an AutoArt now and then.
Old 9th April 2008, 00:57   #2212

Quote:
Well lets see. I wanna go and check it out soon. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so when my birthday approaches.
Old 9th April 2008, 03:00   #2213
BHPian

@ Dippy : I have one Ferrari F50 Maisto Kit model. It looks decent to me. I mean i'm not the one who should be comenting about the quality, as i don't have any other 1:18 apart from Maisto. I'll upload some pics so that you guys can tell me how good is quality wise.
For now just uploading some not so good quality pics...
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc05864.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc05865.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc05866.jpg  

Old 9th April 2008, 18:05   #2214

These are the things that wind me up about the Maisto Models. Cant they improve on this?? This is exactly why i smoke my lights.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc05866.jpg  

Old 9th April 2008, 18:19   #2215
BHPian

Cyrus, you got to remember that Maisto's are mass produced models. They have to make stuff that snaps into place. When a model has production run of tens of thousands of pieces, there are bound to be short cuts taken to make hand assembly easy. If Maisto had to make models in the manner of Autoart and Kyosho, you and I wouldn't be able to dream of starting collecting in the first place. Having said that, there is indeed scope for improvement and it will trickle in. See how they make brake discs with calipers now. The earlier Maistos didnt even have them.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:26   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
These are the things that wind me up about the Maisto Models. Cant they improve on this?? This is exactly why i smoke my lights.
You can't really compare Maisto with AA, MiniChamps or Kyosho. You need to keep in mind that the Maisto models cost less than half of any of those three. They will keep growing.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:55   #2217

Quote:
You can't really compare Maisto with AA, MiniChamps or Kyosho. You need to keep in mind that the Maisto models cost less than half of any of those three. They will keep growing.
Lets hope so. The quality is steadily improving and the newer models are really good sometimes. Lets hope it becomes better and better.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:00   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Sinner the F50 looks decent enough. Cyrus agree with you partly but then that F50 is a DIY kit so these things are bound to happen. I for one feel Maistos are good value for money and I'm sure many here will agree on that. I'll put some pictures of my maistos as well.
Old 9th April 2008, 22:27   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I for one feel Maistos are good value for money and I'm sure many here will agree on that. I'll put some pictures of my maistos as well.
@Dippy, I will always stand by my point that Maisto are VFM, you have a valid point there... I don't think there is any scale model collector that has not had or does not have a Maisto in his/her collection - (Dippy, you are the expert, what's your take on this inference).
Old 10th April 2008, 00:06   #2220

Quote:
@Dippy, I will always stand by my point that Maisto are VFM, you have a valid point there... I don't think there is any scale model collector that has not had or does not have a Maisto in his/her collection - (Dippy, you are the expert, what's your take on this inference).
Just ask me, 90% of my collection is Maisto and i will keep on buying them until i get more money. As i said, i have a few problems with them but these are problems that make you smile.

Long live maisto

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 10th April 2008 at 00:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks