Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:15   #2341
BHPian

Wow baby... Now it seems u are the first one to own a 1:18 Reventon in the whole T-BHP Family... Congrats dude Great but.. The detailing are ok.. I mean, i speak from Maisto standards.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:30   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Mama Mia!! Suo bello. Congratulazioni.
Coudnt help it!! Its Gorgeous.
Grazie buon compagno

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Where are you buying these from? King of Hobbies? I didnt see the reventon there. Is there any other model car shops besides KOH, the Hobby Center, and I guess AGMC for BMW models?
Gargash sells the Mercedes Benz models, and Al Jaziri has the Lamborghini models... I think some of the other agents sell their scale models as well... but I didn't get the Reventon from KOH or Hobby Center... picked it up online. The funny part is how I came to know about the existence of the model... was surfing souq.com and came across the model... guy was selling it for AED1200... I asked for a discount and he says can only reduce by 200... so I did some searching on Ebay... got one guy selling it from UK for AED290 with shipping... placed the order and got it a week later... then went back to souq.com and left the guy a message about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the lambo looks very good in that matt metallic sort of grey I must say.

where are you buying these from?
do they have any 1:18 Defenders or early model Landrovers?
cheers
Thanks. Sorry but didn't find and Defenders, frankly didn't really look that much for them.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:33   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Wow baby... Now it seems u are the first one to own a 1:18 Reventon in the whole T-BHP Family... Congrats dude Great but.. The detailing are ok.. I mean, i speak from Maisto standards.
Detailing is pretty neat can't complain, the color is outstanding. But the engine bay isn't detailed... but then not much is really known about this car except that it shares alot with the Murcielago... maybe Mondo should have put a 1:18 Murcielago engine into it for details... but love it just the same... oh!! and the wheels are also good I feel.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:52   #2344
BHPian

cool units you have there; the 1st one look great
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:55   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
cool units you have there; the 1st one look great
Thanks, got the first one from Ikea, so the quality is expected... the second lot are homemade... still working on getting door fitted to them.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:01   #2346
BHPian

Home made? Mate looks like you are really using your free time to do some prodcutive work.

BTW i had designed and ordered one Storage unit but the guy delayed the delivery by 2 weeks ticking me off to cancel the same. Now i am hunting for a good carpenter.

Guys / Mods i am sorry to go off topic here.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:18   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Home made? Mate looks like you are really using your free time to do some prodcutive work.

BTW i had designed and ordered one Storage unit but the guy delayed the delivery by 2 weeks ticking me off to cancel the same. Now i am hunting for a good carpenter.

Guys / Mods i am sorry to go off topic here.
Since I got a job, not had much spare time... did those units when I was in school... now with no time, had to resort to buying the units, that is why the black one came in.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:19   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
If you dont want it, I will take it. Maybe we can salvage parts from it. BTW when are you coming back home?? i want to see your cars.
Friend, this is my first 1:18 scale model. It was bought from the US by my uncle way back in 1993. So, it is very dear to me. The detailing on this car is so good that it will put even Maisto to shame in some aspects.

For instance, the tyres have all the technical specifications inscribed on them. Even the word "tubeless" is etched on the tyres. The wiper is hinged and so it can actually move. The roof is removable as I told you earlier. The engine bay is highly detailed. Some piping is actually made up of rubber and so on.

Now, the sad part. For reasons I don't want to mention, the car is in very bad condition. The seats are missing. Two wheels have disappeared. Door handles are gone. The roll over bar is broken. Paint is scratched. The end can is also broken.

Whenever time and budget permits me, I want to restore the car to its original glory.

The car is 15 years old and still looks so beautiful. Check out the red SL500 in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-my-collection-4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-my-collection.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2008, 19:21   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA
BTW when are you coming back home?? i want to see your cars.
Mumbai University has messed up with the syllabus. So life is very busy till mid-June.

I am posting a small part of me and my brother's (300 KMPH)'s collection. I've already posted the 1:18 cars.

Note that this is just about 10% of the entire collection. The rest of the cars are packed and kept in Pune.
e.g. many Kinsmart cars and some 1:24 cars are missing from the pics.

Till then, enjoy!

Some more pics will be posted by 300 KMPH later.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-s7.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s8.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s9.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2008, 19:28   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Some more pics will be posted by 300 KMPH later.
Here are some more pictures, as indicated by salilpawar1 earlier.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-s1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s5.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-s6.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2008, 23:19   #2351
BHPian

My Favourite new SUV

I know I havn't posted in a while. Uploading pics never happen. Anyway a friend of mine bought one of these in 1:1 in the exact same colour as my Street version. Its great off-road and have taken it into the dunes quite a few times already.

1:18 Autoart Toyota FJ Cruiser (Blue)/ 1:18 Autoart Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Edition (Black)
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-fjs1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-fjs2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-fjs3.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2008, 23:25   #2352
BHPian

Ahh i've driven one when i was in US. It was on a off road even at San Diego Auto show. Was fun , did 45 Digrees Incline and slops with ease and with no brakes.

Anyways Looks awesome. and ya we are waiting for a lot more pics man.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:41   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Salil from you pictures I think the 1:18 SL500 you have is from a company called Road Tough. I remember seeing these SLs in Prabhat and other stores long ago. I have a 1:18 Toyota Landcruiser by Road Tough (1992 model).
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:03   #2354
Senior - BHPian

@ salilpawar, what's the white car on the left of the caprice interceptor?? is it a cadillac lemo?? can you give me some details of it.
also what's that chevy truck besides the tata truck in the last row?? i have a similar one but its a 1950 subarban. hav'nt seen a truck version.
are these two cars available here??
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:48   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
I know I havn't posted in a while. Uploading pics never happen. Anyway a friend of mine bought one of these in 1:1 in the exact same colour as my Street version. Its great off-road and have taken it into the dunes quite a few times already.

1:18 Autoart Toyota FJ Cruiser (Blue)/ 1:18 Autoart Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Edition (Black)
Nice rides BEEM3R, they look great. I personally don't like the design of the FJ Cruiser that much, so I don't really care for the scale model. But it must be a great haul for you. And I must add, in factory colors, it looks best in Blue... but I have seen a custom FJ with a Matt Black finish for the whole vehicle, just single tone paint job... looked awesome... it was pretty much like your TRD, but without the kit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks