Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 13:35   #2431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Undoubtedly Bburago's finest hour. When I was 5 my father brought back from a trip abroad, a 1:18 Bburago Jaguar E type series 1 in red and a white 1:22 Rolls Royce Camargue. The Rolls went on to become a collectors piece though mine is now in pieces due to my lack of knowledge about scale models at that age, but still have the body shell and chassis etc. After that I stopped caring much about 1:18s cause you didnt see them in India much nor could I justify buying such expensive 'toys' cause I didnt know how to take care of them.

Years later on a trip to england, my mother wanted to pick up a present for her friends son that we were visiting, and told me to pick out a nice car for him. I happened upon the then new Bburago 1:18 Dodge Viper and fell head over feet in love. I gifted it to the boy and he loved it too, but I dont think he was as crazy as I was about it. I never did find the courage to ask my mother to buy me the same model until about 2 years later, when I was I think 13. I had to have the Viper. Its brute engine, the sheer size the crazy shapes and curves and edges of the hood when you open it, the size of the rear tire, the profile from every end, it was the stuff of dreams. I have a weakness for this series 1 Viper even today just cause of the scale model. Still one of the favourites in my collection though not in its best shape now cause of my nephew. I might try and find one thats in good shape. Still regret the Camargue though. (Picture attached is from Wikipedia)

Excerpts from the Wiki Write Up
"The 1/18 range was aimed squarely at collectors, and Bburago were the first manufacturer to offer mass-produced collector models in this scale. The range was known as the "Diamond" range and at first consisted mostly of 1930s cars, although as time went on, more 1950s and 1960s cars were modelled, and the series later expanded to include modern high performance cars. One or two vehicles in the 1/24 and Diamond ranges were modelled to different scales; for example one of the first Diamonds, the Rolls Royce Camargue (also the first modern car in the Diamonds range), was modelled in 1/22 scale."
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-bburagocamargue.jpg  

Last edited by BEEM3R : 3rd May 2008 at 13:37.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:48   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Ferrari F50

Its my Favorite Car and thats the only Scale Model I have...

I bought it from Switzerland... in 2004...
Until now I never opened the Hood and the Bonnet... as I was scared that I may break it... but thanks to Nikibusa... he insisted me to open it and so here are the pics...

Details:
Model: Ferrari F50 1:18 Scale Model
Make: Burago Gold Collection, Made in Italy

More Details about the Car:
Displacement: 4.7 Litres
Engine: V-65°, 12 cylinders
Max Power: 520 HP
Speed: 325 Km/h
0-100 Km/h: in 3.80 sec.
Weight: 1230 Kg

Here are the pics...

Different Angels

Logos

Interiors

Under the Hood

Regards,
Swaps...
here is the link for more pics as here in the post can upload only 20 pics...
Picasa Web Albums - SwapsZone - Ferrari F50

my new toy Ferrari F430 Spider 1:7 Scale RC coming soon
Old 8th May 2008, 12:52   #2433
BHPian

Are Jada Toys scale models available in India or if they are not then can anybody tell me a website where I can get any police scale models of Jada Toys.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:08   #2434
BHPian

Ferrari F430 Spider

my new toy...

Ferrari F430 Spider
1:7 Scale Model Radio Controlled Car from Meijiaxin Toys Co Ltd - Hong Kong...
both the Front and the Rear Lights glow...
amazing Battery Life and is pretty Fast as well...

Different Angles

Logos

Engine Bay

Wheels

Lights

Interiors

The Spinning Wheel

u can also view more pics at the following link...
Picasa Web Albums - SwapsZone - Ferrari F430 ...

Ferrari F430 Spider

here are the Videos...

Me testing my new toy
Ferrari F430 Spider... 1:7 Scale Model Radio Controlled Car from Meijiaxin Toys Co Ltd - Hong Kong... both the Front and the Rear Lights glow... amazing Battery Life and is pretty Fast as well...

Me trying the 360 on my new toy... Ferrari F430 Spider 1:7 Scale RC...
the rear wheel drive enable to get a perfect 360...

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th May 2008 at 15:49.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:42   #2435

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Are Jada Toys scale models available in India or if they are not then can anybody tell me a website where I can get any police scale models of Jada Toys.
Jadas have just started coming into India. There are a few people who stock it. I know of a person who is considering becoming the sole dealer of Jadas. If that happens, Good for me!!!
Old 8th May 2008, 16:28   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Nice RC Ferrari Swapnil. How much did it you back by? Whats the battery life like ? You mentioned it lasted long.
Old 8th May 2008, 16:30   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Dippy I have seen something similar if not same in E-Zone in Pune I believe it was for 3xxx. dont remeber exact price will check again as I am tempted to buy one
Old 8th May 2008, 17:48   #2438

Hey Swapnil..nice to see you in your signature Military Cargos and white T Shirt. So you have a ferrari too ehh. Wen you coming over here with it? We can put my Enzo FXX, Varuns F1, and your 430 against each other!!!

NOTE TO ALL. Lets have a RC meet. PLEASE!!!!

The price is 3500
Old 8th May 2008, 22:49   #2439
BHPian

Hey thats my car.

I got the same one a few days back from landmark.(for <3000)

I may add here that this is a licenced ferrari merchandise. (You can see the ferrari hologram on the box).

The detailing is amazing !!!!

I am in love with this car.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:58   #2440
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what a beautiful ferrari!
phenomenal detailing.
has anyone seen/ own/ played with those Auto Art Infra Red controlled model cars?
absolutely brilliant ones, some of them Porsche Cayenne, SLK Merc and one or 2 others.
its particularly nice to see the little headlights light up!
Old 9th May 2008, 13:53   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice RC Ferrari Swapnil. How much did it you back by? Whats the battery life like ? You mentioned it lasted long.
the batterry lasted almost 3 hours... thats pretty good for its size...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Hey Swapnil..nice to see you in your signature Military Cargos and white T Shirt. So you have a ferrari too ehh. Wen you coming over here with it? We can put my Enzo FXX, Varuns F1, and your 430 against each other!!!

NOTE TO ALL. Lets have a RC meet. PLEASE!!!!

The price is 3500
ya lets have a RC Meet...
and i bought this one for 4899/-... at its the 1:7 scale... the same one but 1:10 scale was available for 3499/-
i actually wanted to buy the FXX which was 1:10 scale... but it was not the same manufacturer and more over the colour of that was not lively... it was more of dark RED than being Scarlet Red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Hey thats my car.

I got the same one a few days back from landmark.(for <3000)

I may add here that this is a licenced ferrari merchandise. (You can see the ferrari hologram on the box).

The detailing is amazing !!!!

I am in love with this car.
yup this one is also a licenced ferrari merchandise... but the one u are talking about is the 1:16 scale which is available for less than 3000/-...

they also had the F1 1:7 scale with amazing details... and was available for 4999/-... it was very light and that wud actually make it faster than what i got... power to weight ratio... but it was TOOOO delicate... and i did not want the wings and the small extensions for the aerodynamics broken...
Old 9th May 2008, 18:33   #2442
BHPian

Im in for a Mumbai RC meet with my HPI E-Savage.

Finally got my ESC 2 days ago..its now good to go..
Old 10th May 2008, 00:06   #2443

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
ya lets have a RC Meet...
and i bought this one for 4899/-... at its the 1:7 scale... the same one but 1:10 scale was available for 3499/-
i actually wanted to buy the FXX which was 1:10 scale... but it was not the same manufacturer and more over the colour of that was not lively... it was more of dark RED than being Scarlet Red...
RADIO CONTROLLED FERRARI ENZO FXX 1:10 SCALE - CYRUS43's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Swaps buddy..Thats my car.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:19   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Saw these RC cars at E Zone in the newly opened Oberoi Mall at Goregaon. There was the F430 Challenge, the FXX and the F1 car in 1:18, 1:12 and 1:10 scales respectively.

Lifestyle there also had some 1:18s from Maisto

Players Hummer H2, R8, SLK, stock H2, 911, Carrera S, players SLR, and the best of all it had two Cadi Eldarados. That car is worth collecting. I already have one in blue bought 5 years ago. Didnt see one ever since till now.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:33   #2445

Dippy, Playerz R8 and Carrera S ???? Are you sure?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks