Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 00:06   #2581

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecastfreak View Post
Cyrus,

I own a Aa Skyline GTR R34 in red. The first thing that does not match with this Motormax model is the die-cast itself. Autoart uses a very fine sheet unlike Maisto or Motormax who uses thicker crude die-casts. Result is that the overall look of the model looses its sharpness. Secondly, particular to this model is its decals on Aa. The model is actually incomplete without them. I leave aside everything other like paint, engine details, interiors etc. So "SLAP" - never. "royal SLAP" - not in a million years.
Boss, The AA GT-R is somewhere in the region of 3-3.5 Grand. This is 900Rs approx. The Die Cast is not at all "CRUDE". And for its price, it is definately a ROYAL SLAP on the AutoArts. Secondly, The Paint quality is very good indeed. Better than Maisto. AutoArts can give people a Good Ego trip, But this is true VALUE FOR MONEY!!
Old 11th June 2008, 00:19   #2582
Senior - BHPian

tractionavant,
the alfa is made of plastic right?? but did you assemble it or it was a piece.
i have quite a lot of AIRFIX KITS which needs to be painted & assembled.
Old 11th June 2008, 09:54   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This is an Absolute Stunner. Very rare car i think. Keep it well!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
tractionavant,
Yes Amit, it is a plastic kit first issued in the 60s (I think). Although not perfect, It was quite a job to get it up to this level. It took about a month of my spare time, if I remember right. I too have quite a few kits waiting to be built.

Cheers
Old 11th June 2008, 14:11   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Boss, The AA GT-R is somewhere in the region of 3-3.5 Grand. This is 900Rs approx. The Die Cast is not at all "CRUDE". And for its price, it is definately a ROYAL SLAP on the AutoArts. Secondly, The Paint quality is very good indeed. Better than Maisto. AutoArts can give people a Good Ego trip, But this is true VALUE FOR MONEY!!
@Cyrus43: I dont think one needs a good quality scale model to boost one's ego. I understand how buying AutoArt/Kyosho's are not possible for everyone. But you will one day graduate to that level of collecting provided you continue to do so even when you finish school-college and then begin working. Most of the people here who own these high end scale models are working and doing so with their own money. I like budget models, nothing against them, but once you move onto these higher end models, collecting and preserving them becomes more serious. The Maistos etc. start looking like toys and not collectors items. Theres another truth in that, these budget models are available in toy stores and lots of people give them to children as toys. I bought my first AutoArt when I was 23. Whole of high school and college I only bought bburago, maisto, road tough. But today when I look at some of those cars, with their plastic parts and their discoloured chrome bits they do feel like toys. Im sure Diecastfreak meant it well, so dont take it personally. When you place your Motormax Skyline next to a an AutoArt Skyline you'll see a terrific difference. I dont think its a slap in the face, cause AutoArt doesnt care nor compete with the budget brands. Having said this AutoArt isn't my favourite brand of scale models and Im also seriously considering a Saleen S7 and Pagani Zonda from Motormax. Working your way up the model car ladder is a great way for you to appreciate the different quality levels offered by different manufacturers. So keep collecting. Pretty soon you will discover girls! Who will drain you of your AutoArt money in a sitting Those that stick to collecting even after those stages are the ones with the greatest of collections !

P.S. Not patronizing so I appologize if I came across like that. You are very passionate and do continue to stay that way. Some of the friends that got me into collecting now wont look twice at their model cars.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 11th June 2008 at 14:13.
Old 11th June 2008, 14:34   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
tractionavant,
Amit V8,

Here is another 1:32 Airfix kit I built. This is a Bugatti type 35b. Both models are just about a 100mm long (@4 inches). So please excuse the low level of detail.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-bug_rear3q.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-bug_side.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th June 2008, 20:44   #2586
Senior - BHPian

how strange tractionavant,
i do have the same model (shown in earlier posts) but with a driver & a left hand drive.
Old 11th June 2008, 21:59   #2587

Update for mumbai fellows!! RUN TO GIFT CENTER if you are interested in buying AutoArt or Kyosho. They have an all new range. Also they have some new maistos!! And another beautiful car about which i will keep mum as i want it!!
Old 11th June 2008, 23:16   #2588
BHPian

One of my favourites.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-15072006013.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-15072006014.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-15072006017.jpg  

Old 11th June 2008, 23:49   #2589

Thats an AutoArt isnt it? I saw the White and Blue one in Gift Center. Its pure nirvana!!
Old 12th June 2008, 09:54   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
how strange tractionavant,
i do have the same model (shown in earlier posts) but with a driver & a left hand drive.
If I remember right, one of them came with a driver. I will check the boxes and let you know. As for the right-hand drive format, this is how I got the kits.

Cheers
Old 12th June 2008, 22:11   #2591
BHPian

@ Swift : Well that my dream car.. in both scales 1:1 and 1:18.
Old 12th June 2008, 23:14   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update for mumbai fellows!! RUN TO GIFT CENTER if you are interested in buying AutoArt or Kyosho. They have an all new range. Also they have some new maistos!! And another beautiful car about which i will keep mum as i want it!!
Cyrus bawa how about little in detail on the additions they have received. Would be a great help since I cant go from one end of Mumbai to the other just to look. About the car you chose to keep mum about, please PM me what it is. I would appreciate it .

Thanks
Old 16th June 2008, 09:46   #2593
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
The two newest additions to the stable

the newest horses in the stable, boys!

Aston Martin 1934 - Signature Models
Jag XJ 8 - Auto Art

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-aston-martin-1934.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-aston-martin-1934b.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-jag-xj8.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-jag-xj8-b.jpg  

Old 16th June 2008, 10:29   #2594
Senior - BHPian

@shankar: Is the XJ a 1:43 Autoart since I dont remember AA making a 1:18 of this car.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:34   #2595
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yep
both the cars are 1:43
I ve been wanting the aston for a long time and they finally got it for me

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@shankar: Is the XJ a 1:43 Autoart since I dont remember AA making a 1:18 of this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks