Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 15:45   #1831
BHPian

Volkswagen Drag Bus

Volkswagen Drag Bus in 1:18 scale from Hot Wheels Classics. It was a limited edition available on the Hot Wheels collector site.

Old 17th February 2008, 18:34   #1832
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Hey Dippy... Nice collection you got going for you, just managed to view all your models, how long have you been collecting scale die-cast. Also waiting to hear from you about my diecasts, put some images up a few days ago. Will be uploading some more soon.

BEEM3R, you have a mighty good collection too. Seen quite a few more new ones around.

Am trying to build my slowly, all comments are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
This is the Centy Toys' Amby.

If you have a lot of cash in your pocket, a 1:43 diecast Amby Scale Model (ixo models, germany) is for sale in a shop in Mumbai for a whopping Rs.1650/-
Is the IXO Amby still available and which shop is it. Been wanting one for a while now.
Old 18th February 2008, 09:52   #1833
BHPian

The Amby is out of stock for the moment so I guess you have to wait some more. It was available at Gift Centre, next to Akbarallys at Fort, Bombay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
Hi Guys,

Hey Dippy... Nice collection you got going for you, just managed to view all your models, how long have you been collecting scale die-cast. Also waiting to hear from you about my diecasts, put some images up a few days ago. Will be uploading some more soon.

BEEM3R, you have a mighty good collection too. Seen quite a few more new ones around.

Am trying to build my slowly, all comments are welcome.

Is the IXO Amby still available and which shop is it. Been wanting one for a while now.
Old 19th February 2008, 13:13   #1834
BHPian

Has anyone of you checked this site:

www.1-18scalecars.com

This guy has the most amazing and the most exclusive collection I've ever seen.A must watch..
Old 19th February 2008, 15:56   #1835
BHPian

Suhail Al Zarooni - World Record Holder for Scale Models in 2002-2003

This one is for the scale model aficionados. This collection belongs to Suhail Al Zarooni, he was in the Guinness World Records 2002-2003 for having the world's largest collection of scale model cars. These pictures are from sometime in mid-2007 when he displayed a small part of his scale model collection as well as his 1:1 car collection at the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.

Mercedes Benz Classic Collection

Presidential Limos

Bugatti Grille

Scale Model Trucks from Pakistan

Display for his collection of scale model Mercedes Benz automobiles

Pewter Silver models

Display for his collection of scale model four wheel drives

Display for his collection of scale model four wheel drives

Old 19th February 2008, 16:50   #1836
BHPian

He has only about 800 something models. The undoubted King of scale model collection is Personal Page of Allanmodel Gallery Main Zone Featuring a mindnumbing 2200+ 1:18 scale models his collection has cost him over 200,000 Euros. Enjoy !
Old 19th February 2008, 17:10   #1837
BHPian

Suhail Al Zarooni

And here are some of the 1:1 cars in Suhail Al Zarooni's collection

Old 19th February 2008, 19:43   #1838
BHPian

Thanks Cyrus, Blackadder, Dippy, agspins and RPMPKDMFF... I still havnt got time to buy new display cabinets so not opened some of the cars yet.

RPMKDMFF the Pullman is nice but why did you have to pay 1250AED? I got mine for 700 AED. Anyway Sunstar makes a convertible or 'laundaulet' version of the Pullman, it'll go great with the regular version.

And speaking of Al Zarooni, where do you buy your model cars ? King of Hobbies?
Old 19th February 2008, 21:16   #1839
BHPian

Thanks for sharing those pics RPM. Looks like he really owns many oil wells to chop up a W140 to serve as a display base. Like that sand dune display as well.
As for the other owner of 1-18scalecars, looks like he is selling his collection on ebay Ireland to fund his slot car hobby. But what a collection.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:49   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Thanks Cyrus, Blackadder, Dippy, agspins and RPMPKDMFF... I still havnt got time to buy new display cabinets so not opened some of the cars yet.

RPMKDMFF the Pullman is nice but why did you have to pay 1250AED? I got mine for 700 AED. Anyway Sunstar makes a convertible or 'laundaulet' version of the Pullman, it'll go great with the regular version.

And speaking of Al Zarooni, where do you buy your model cars ? King of Hobbies?
@BEEM3R, Thanks for the compliment, at the time I went to pick-up the Pullman, the salesman told me the one in store was booked (probably you were the one.. no offence) and he wasn't sure if he would get anymore, so I asked him to ship one down, so I guess he charged extra for that.
I have seen the Pullman version from Sunstar, the finish isn't as good. Have some pictures from one of the review site, will post them soon.

In an interview Zarooni mentioned that he travelled alot and hence was able to build his collection. King of Hobbies is a nice place though, but it seems to have moved from Deira CC. Now the only shops with good scales that I am aware of are Virgin DCC and Exoto, Ibn Battuta. Any of you guys know of any more do let me know
Old 20th February 2008, 16:54   #1841
BHPian

Comparison of Pullman - AutoArt (Black) and SunStar (Silver)

These pictures are the comparison between the Pullman models by AutoArt (Black) and SunStar (Silver)

** ALL THE PICTURES ARE FROM THE WEB, I DO NOT CLAIM OWNERSHIP**
Old 21st February 2008, 03:12   #1842
BHPian

Virgin DCC ? Virgin at City Center? They have the occassional Kyoshos right? I found some at the Virgin Megastore in Bur Juman.
Old 21st February 2008, 12:40   #1843
BHPian

I found a few GMP models in Virgin DCC at 1:18 scale, the last time I checked they even had a scale of the Scarface car. They also have quite a few scales from Schuco, but in the 1:87 scale I think. They are worth a check though, I picked up the Maybach Exelero from there along with a few Porsche models. Also got a 1:43 scale Willys Overland US Army Jeep although haven't heard about the brand - Victoria
Old 25th February 2008, 16:35   #1844
BHPian

New models

Few pictures of my latest additions...

First is a 1:64 1970 Plymouth HEMI Cuda convertible from Greenlight - Barrett Jackson Auction Block. The actual car sold at the auction for US$2,160,000. The scale features an opening hood as well.

The second is a 40th Anniversary Edition for the Chevrolet Camaro, it is also in 1:64 scale and features a 1967 Camaro in white with racing stripes and a identically painted 2006 Camaro Concept car, which in all likeliness will be released as a 2009/10 model.

Excuse the Corvette logo on the top, was running out of space and decided to put it alongwith my 1:18 Corvettes.

Old 25th February 2008, 17:09   #1845

this is the 8.99$ one from jada right ??

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th February 2008 at 17:14.

Most Viewed