Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 11:06   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
@maveric..are these for sale to normal people also or do you have to buy a BMW..coz in Autobahn Skoda they had one WRC fabia and when i asked if it was for sale they said it was only for customers

Yup.. u can buy them from the BMW showroom.. will cost around Rs 4300, check if you can get them cheaper anywhere else.. the only diff i guess will be a BMW box.. which is not great!
Old 8th February 2008, 12:12   #1802
Senior - BHPian

nice stuff meghan..BTW wat camera u r using ?
Quote:
Yup.. u can buy them from the BMW showroom.. will cost around Rs 4300, check if you can get them cheaper anywhere else.. the only diff i guess will be a BMW box.. which is not great!
Well being a kyosho it deserves a high tag, but is it because of showroom thing it is dat costly and yes the BMW box..
Old 8th February 2008, 20:04   #1803
Senior - BHPian

well most of the cars here except the amby, scorpio, jeeps & some others are foreign made...here are my collection of the indian cars.(all indian made)
maruti 800

maruti 1000(rear wheels different because its with me since i was 5)

maruti omni

maruti gypsy

mahindra 540

Old 8th February 2008, 22:27   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Yes, it is indeed a UT. Sorry for the mistake. Got it with the subscription of OD a few yrs back. When the model came, it had the 'chrome' grille missing.. any idea where i can get one or make one?
And the wheel are slightly melting.. car was left in open sunlight once when I was not there.. I think the melting or whatever happened then.

Found the build quality of UT quite bad.. esp. the front headlights module which keeps on coming outside..
I remember OD giving this out with their 3 year subscription. I opted for the Porsche GT1 model when they offered that one. I have seen this melting wheels problem on UTs that were even kept in closed cabinets. And it has nothing to do with our tropical temperature or from exposure to direct sunlight. UT models in Europe and America also suffer from the same problem.
I guess recreating the grille would be next to impossible. It is too small and detailed to be able to match the one thats on your car.
Old 9th February 2008, 00:55   #1805

@Cyrus- Love the mods on the M5
Are the wheels from another car or did you paint them?
Old 9th February 2008, 01:17   #1806
BHPian

Yup spot on Blackadder UTs do have that problem. I have two 993s in boxes in chennai never opened. Should check the tires on that.

Maverick thanks for the kind words. Yup Kyosho detailing after Maistos really take your breath away. I want to get the new X5 but I hate the wheel rims. The 4.8 comes with such nice wheels but this model has some base crummy rims. Anyway that same green 7 is also at AGMC BMW here in dubai. Dont like the green. But running out of options so might just get them both. Dropped by Exoto Tifosi today and they had two more BMW Art Cars. Theres a E34 5, Z1 and an E30 M3. Im using the the M3 GTR Art Car as the display on top of my display cabinet. So might do the same for the next cabinet. I so need therapy.
Old 10th February 2008, 13:31   #1807
BHPian

Beem3r, eager to know what you have picked up. We have a severe drought of diecast in Bombay. The only available models are Maisto reruns. Not a good time for anyone to get into the hobby.
Old 10th February 2008, 15:03   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Had always seen this thread but somehow never posted my collection.

Love this one.. is IR controlled with functioning head and tail lights

Porsche Cayenne S Maisto
where is the porsche symbol tha t is supposed to be on the bonnet?
Old 10th February 2008, 15:47   #1809
BHPian

The badge is right where it has to be.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:13   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
The badge is right where it has to be.
oh yes i see it now, counldnt notice it in the reflection
Old 10th February 2008, 23:55   #1811

Quote:
Beem3r, eager to know what you have picked up. We have a severe drought of diecast in Bombay. The only available models are Maisto reruns. Not a good time for anyone to get into the hobby.
i absolutely agree with you buddy..everything sucks right now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul14 View Post
@Cyrus- Love the mods on the M5
Are the wheels from another car or did you paint them?
the wheels are original..have painted them
Old 11th February 2008, 00:49   #1812
BHPian

Sorry blackadder just havnt got time to pick them up. Ive called and blocked them. Sometime this week hopefully. Id just like to show you a pic and reveal them when I get them.
Old 11th February 2008, 12:50   #1813
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have a severe drought of diecast in Bombay. The only available models are Maisto reruns. Not a good time for anyone to get into the hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
i absolutely agree with you buddy..everything sucks right now..
Im sure you guys are aware of the shop at Fountain next to Akbarally's known as Gift Center(?), he has a better stuff to choose from compared to Shopper's Stop etc.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:02   #1814
Senior - BHPian

guys i'm getting too bored with my pajero, it looks dated now. sujest me some mods so it can look good. i know you style gurus wont let me down. now, its a r/c car with working head,tail lights. i thought of keeping the gold & changing the green to black.

Old 11th February 2008, 16:09   #1815
BHPian

Meghan great photography but if Im not mistaken that 328i is not a Maisto. I have a feeling its UT. Miasto has not made any 4 door hinge opening cars yet. If shes a UT its a hidden treasure. You wanna sell ?[/quote]

Sorry to say but that's not true.All Hummer models of Maisto(h1,h2 n h2 sut)have 4 opening doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks