Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 21:19   #1051
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 174 Times
Default

hey i feel u man but some of these cars have some outstandig designs....have a look at Maisto International, Inc.
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 6th August 2007, 00:43   #1052
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,746
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
i strongly advise u to go for the pro-rodz 1:24/26 range.the detail is mingblowing..
Pro Rodzz are similar to the Playerz series by Maisto right? The Playerz series may look cool but if you are serious about collecting please dont go in for them, a lot of details are really innacurate, Idv loved it if it were a scale model of a customised car that actually works but some of these models have impossible rim sizes and other wierd details
khanak is offline  
Old 6th August 2007, 01:14   #1053
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 174 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Pro Rodzz are similar to the Playerz series by Maisto right? The Playerz series may look cool but if you are serious about collecting please dont go in for them, a lot of details are really innacurate, Idv loved it if it were a scale model of a customised car that actually works but some of these models have impossible rim sizes and other wierd details
the players series agreed looks all show and no go but the pro rods can actually be done in real life
for reference check out some of chip foose's designs....they are similar...

and a couple of cars are replicas of real ones...like the gt 500 tourind edition that i have...though i removed the body kit and it looked exactly like the 67 gt 500
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 8th August 2007, 12:45   #1054
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,364
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

An update from Gift Centre Mumbai

He has got 1:18 models (dealer models of the following cars)

Octavia - 4995/-
Prado- 4995/-
Civic - 3995/-
CRV - 3995/-
Corolla - 3995/-

Very high quality detailing
Dippy is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 14:56   #1055
BHPian
 
300 KMPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 187
Thanked: 442 Times
Default

Dippy, your post would be more relevant in this thread....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...an-cars-4.html
300 KMPH is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 15:17   #1056
BHPian
 
300 KMPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 187
Thanked: 442 Times
Default My 1:32 Ford Fusion by Kinsmart Models

Got this 1:32 Ford Fusion at Rs.110/-. Made by Kinsmart Models.



300 KMPH is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 15:59   #1057
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,364
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

Is it diecast or plastic?
Dippy is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 16:24   #1058
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 832
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Is it diecast or plastic?
Its diecast and left-hand drive.
salilpawar1 is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 16:26   #1059
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,364
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

nice where did you pick it up from?

Btw I mentioned in the other thread that Gift Centre in town has 1:18 models
of the Octavia, Prado, Civic, CRV and Corolla the dealer editions.
Dippy is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 17:01   #1060
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 832
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
nice where did you pick it up from?.
Prabhat Gift House, L J Road, Near Shivaji Park. Another silver example is also available there.

Quote:
Btw I mentioned in the other thread that Gift Centre in town has 1:18 models
of the Octavia, Prado, Civic, CRV and Corolla the dealer editions
Yup, I read about it.

BTW, BHPian 300 KMPH is my brother!

I would like to inform everyone that Sunway Toys, India has started producing diecast models (of roughly 1:30 scale) of Indian Cars with opening doors and boot. Detailing is quite poor though. Some examples are available at the above mentioned shop.
salilpawar1 is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 17:11   #1061
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,058
Thanked: 7,038 Times
Default

Salil, if there is a scale model of the Ikon, let me know. I would be interested.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 17:15   #1062
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,364
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

I know Prabhat very well. have bought a lot of stuff from there including a castle Grayskull lol

I had picked a Landcruiser and Lexus LS400 sedan from them over 10 years ago

What others apart from the Fusion does he have?
Dippy is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 17:16   #1063
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,587
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Salil, if there is a scale model of the Ikon, let me know. I would be interested.
I'm sure you'll get them Benny, they are available - my son had a couple of them (in the colors of my Ikon & my brother's 1.3 non-rocam). My brother picked up the models & actually had the patience to paint them in the same colors as our cars! That was a few years back though.
suman is offline  
Old 9th August 2007, 21:11   #1064
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 832
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I know Prabhat very well. have bought a lot of stuff from there including a castle Grayskull lol

I had picked a Landcruiser and Lexus LS400 sedan from them over 10 years ago

What others apart from the Fusion does he have?
Nothing sensational apart from the regular stuff which includes some 1:18/1:24 cars and lots of Kinsmart Cars in the scale of 1:28 to 1:36 which includes a previous gen Ford Focus.... and some badly detailed Sunway toys manufactured diecast Scorpio, Innova, Swift and so on.

By the way, BHPian 300 KMPH found a plastic but decently detailed scale model of the good old Tata Truck.



Link to the original post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/466187-post916.html

In my very first post, I was talking about the scale model of Tata 407 made by Funtoyz. My friend owns these two models, a Tata 407 and an Ashok Leyland Cargo. Here's a pic

salilpawar1 is offline  
Old 10th August 2007, 10:44   #1065
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,058
Thanked: 7,038 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'm sure you'll get them Benny, they are available - my son had a couple of them (in the colors of my Ikon & my brother's 1.3 non-rocam). My brother picked up the models & actually had the patience to paint them in the same colors as our cars! That was a few years back though.
I dont know where to look for the same here in Bangalore, thats the problem. I dont want to go to ModelArt and ask them for an Ikon scale model, and for them to laugh at me.
benbsb29 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks