Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:33   #1876
BHPian

Hey BEEM3R, any idea where King of Hobbies has moved to, I didnt find them in DCC this time when I went by. Appreciate the help.
Old 3rd March 2008, 19:51   #1877
BHPian

Beem3r, now you got to invest on a good camera too. I have to strain my eyes to check out all those goodies. How about a group shot of the M3, CS and GTR together. The E46 is my favorite BMW. Do you have a CSL too? I guess you do.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:54   #1878
BHPian

@RPMPKDMFF: They've moved to Deira to their old location somewhere behind the old Dubai Cinemas. Think theres a United Hypermarket. Right behind its parking lot.

@blackadder: Haha funny you should say that, I have a lovely Canon EOS 20D DSLR with a variety of lenses but when I end up clicking pics on that it takes forever to load it on to the comp and then onto imageshack. So been clicking pics on my E90 but recently thats been giving me trouble so this time clicked with my 8800. I wanna put all the E46s together and take some pics. I love the E46 M3s too. Yup have an AutoArt E46 CSL as well. Ive posted pics of it a while ago. Ok Im gonna stop I really sound like Im gloating. Sorry guys.
Old 4th March 2008, 01:15   #1879
F50
Senior - BHPian

Very nice Beemer! What is the total tally of your scale models?
Old 4th March 2008, 10:21   #1880
BHPian

Thanks F50 I counted till about 83 last year this time then stopped. Since then must have added another 60-70 scale models. Now they're all over the place. But I want to document all of them so as to keep track.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:28   #1881
BHPian

Inventory Software

@BEEM3R, you can probably maintain an Excel workbook, I have one to keep an inventory of my scale models, and it isn't even 1/5th of your collection. If you want I could mail you the format, or you could just think of the details you want to record.

Another option, since you have a larger collection, is to use a prebuilt inventory software, I just found one named KollectAll V8. Am trying the trial for now, let me see how it go and if I like it, might pick it up. It is available for purchase at KollectAll V8!

Hope this helps. Happy collecting
Old 4th March 2008, 19:49   #1882
BHPian

Haha thanks RPMPKDMFF, now theres something you didnt know you needed. But on a serious note, I think it might make sense cause now Im seeing a tendency where some cars I want in more than one color. Like the two enzos. And I have an Interlagos Blue E60 M5 now they've announced a white. So Im getting tempted. But strictly I think it should atleast have a different trim or be a variation. Like the Kyosho 7 series is now available as the 745i, new facelifted 760Li, 760Li Individual and the Hydrogen 7. So I guess I want those now. Thanks for the support RPMPKDMFF.

Ok guys I had some work in Deira today and I went by the Model Car Shop. I brought home 7 more cars of which 6 are very very high end. My first CMC. My third BBR. And my first Schucos and two very important models from last year. And a darling little roadster which Ive always wanted to own in real life. Im at work now, so will post some pics when I get home. Because I buy them in bunches its hard to shoot detail pics. But I guarantee you, once the display cabinets are all up I'll try and post a car a week in detail and really enrich this thread.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:02   #1883
BHPian

Hi can you tell me where this model car shop is located..
Old 4th March 2008, 20:27   #1884
BHPian

Its behind United Hyper Market In Deira. Basically coming down Al Maktoum Bridge when you hit the Clock Tower, keep heading straight. Think after the second signal you'll see United Hypermarket on the right. And take the first right after it and head to their parking lot at the back. You'll see a tiny King Of Hobbies store. Thats the best directions I can give cause Im still new in Dubai and am bad with landmarks.
Old 4th March 2008, 21:18   #1885
BHPian

Hey BEEM3R better get the pictures of the CMC model up fast. Which one is it, can't wait to see it. Have always been fascinated by the craftmanship, but don't have enough spare dough yet, so not sure when I will get it... but do plan to pick up at least one. Will let you all know when I do.
Old 4th March 2008, 23:45   #1886
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Thanks F50 I counted till about 83 last year this time then stopped. Since then must have added another 60-70 scale models. Now they're all over the place. But I want to document all of them so as to keep track.
Wow, thats many. How do you maintain them? Do you clean them monthly or quarterly?
Old 6th March 2008, 20:31   #1887
BHPian

Here are a few pics of the scale models my friend owns. The pics were shot by me.

Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer EVO IX

Am sorry for posting so many pics of the same car. Couldnt stop myself :P

Will post pics of Yamaha YZF-R1, Aprilia RSV 1000, Honda CBR 1000RR, Kawasaki Ninja® ZX-10R, Suzuki GSXR 600, MV Augusta Brutale and the Suzuki Hayabusa. Will try taking some other scale model pics next weekend.

Sagar.
Old 6th March 2008, 22:02   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Here are a few pics of the scale models my friend owns. The pics were shot by me.

Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer EVO IX
Am sorry for posting so many pics of the same car. Couldnt stop myself :P

Will post pics of Yamaha YZF-R1, Aprilia RSV 1000, Honda CBR 1000RR, Kawasaki Ninja® ZX-10R, Suzuki GSXR 600, MV Augusta Brutale and the Suzuki Hayabusa. Will try taking some other scale model pics next weekend.

Sagar.

dude the evo looks hot and waiting for the new pics

post them asap
Old 6th March 2008, 22:42   #1889
CBD
BANNED

So another X-Tuner. I dont like the exhausts of these man. Otherwise, Superb Photography
Old 7th March 2008, 17:52   #1890
BHPian

Here are the other pics as promised. Cant describe each as am in a hurry now. Enjoy and please comment.

Cheers,
Sagar.

Most Viewed