Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 23:02   #6721
Senior - BHPian

@ Manish those are fab machines, among my all time favs.I am still searching for 1:24 miura without any success.BTW that Stratos must have been sourced from abroad?
Old 20th January 2010, 10:25   #6722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
@ Manish those are fab machines, among my all time favs.I am still searching for 1:24 miura without any success.BTW that Stratos must have been sourced from abroad?
1:24 miura, I have never seen in India. Go for 1:18 looks good in that scale.

Further I am mercimised by the level of detailing of some good products like koshyo, Sun Star, Minichamps and Auto Art and as such Plan to Dilute my collection of 1:24 and few 1:18, Watch this space for further updates.

And for the Stratos, she was bought in Leon France and gifted to me (love to have such a friend), price was 50 odd euros.

On my recent visit to Singapore I had not seen any stratos model in the stores. And then neither you come across them in States?

My question Since maximum of the Scle models are built in China, is there a fair possibility of getting good range at a resonable price there or is it they are all shipped back to US of A or Europe.

Again am going to Singapore, will do a complete check on the stores and the models available.

Last edited by manishalive : 20th January 2010 at 10:31.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:01   #6723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Finally took some pictures of my Miura and the Stratos.
1968 Lamborghini Miura - 1:18 BBurago Daimond Collection
1972 Lancia Stratos HF - 1:18 Sun Star (only 2000 odd pieces made)
O man what a car Miura is. Once voted as the greatest ever sports car in the world. I have searched some much for it. From which stores did you buy it ? What was the cost ?
Old 20th January 2010, 11:27   #6724
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

very beautiful Stratos - thats a deadly car and the quality of finish is great!
also love the Miura -no offence but I still somehow feel the Welly Miura is better in terms of finish.

Quote:
Old 20th January 2010, 11:47   #6725
BHPian

1:25 Scale - Ford F250

Quote:
My question Since maximum of the Scle models are built in China, is there a fair possibility of getting good range at a resonable price there or is it they are all shipped back to US of A or Europe.
The price the local stores charge for foreigners is just ridiculous and usually more expensive than the US/UK stores. Unless you are a localite, its hard to bargain. I have seen models available for $80-$120 in the West are marked upto $200 in China/HK.

@cyrus43 and salilpawar: Fantastic photo shoot of the Mercs. Amazing

@manishalive: Lovely stratos and Miura. Both the cars have been on my wish-list since long.

Continuing pick-ups here's a 1:25 Scale Ford F250 by Spec-Cast.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_4513.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_4514.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_4515.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_4518.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_4519.jpg  

Last edited by siddvi : 20th January 2010 at 11:51.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:41   #6726
BHPian

Hi Manish, Are you visiting Bejing ? If yes , there is a mall there specially for Toys and Stationary products , they have all types of toy retailers in two floors.

And in the top floor of that building , you find all the wholesale delers , you might be able to get some good discounted price over there.

One suggestion visit the place with a local... it'll help in communicating

Last edited by sinner : 20th January 2010 at 13:42.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:58   #6727
Senior - BHPian

@ Sujith: I bought for 1522/- including shipping from mumbai. As I am Diluting my stock I will let you know if I decide to part with muira.

@ Shankar: I have seen the Welly one only from the exterior, both Bburago and Welly one have similar quality.

@ Siddvi: I thought the otherwise. Prices are on a higher side in Europe for any thing you buy. Din't knew this bit about China.

On a viz to viz comparision I see prices in India are cheaper and the next one is US of A. Else were they turn out to be costly.

A store in Singapore do have discounts running on some unsold or seconds products. We might be lucky if we get what we want.

@ Sinner: No I am not visisting China, I do go to Singapore often.

Last edited by manishalive : 20th January 2010 at 14:00.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:03   #6728
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good to hear this then!
I also have quite a few Bburago and recently a few Welly's - I found the chrome bits on the Bburago's a little shinier and louder than the chrome on the Welly's - probably more a matter of personal taste than real quality/ finish!

[quote=manishalive;1691730]@ @ Shankar: I have seen the Welly one only from the exterior, both Bburago and Welly one have similar quality.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:42   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
good to hear this then!
I also have quite a few Bburago and recently a few Welly's - I found the chrome bits on the Bburago's a little shinier and louder than the chrome on the Welly's - probably more a matter of personal taste than real quality/ finish!
The recent Welly Ones (zapak games branded) have a very good quality I must say compared to the previous ones.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:00   #6730
BANNED

Quote:
@ Sujith: I bought for 1522/- including shipping from mumbai. As I am Diluting my stock I will let you know if I decide to part with muira.
Please please sure do that. I should get first preference
I would like to see your collection personally once. When can O come to your place ?
Old 20th January 2010, 17:26   #6731
BHPian

Had been wanting to add the Sunstar -1:24 Scale Routemaster Bus to my collection since years and was able to pick one last week. Should be couple of days for it to get here. Here's a pic of the bus from the net, at 1:24 scale its huge.
The Scale Model Thread-routemaster-copy.jpg

Also a friend of mine found a 1:24 scale Fiat Punto(Make:Carama??) while on travel abroad. Looks neatly done and would love to have one in the collection.
The Scale Model Thread-fiat-punto.jpg
Old 20th January 2010, 17:31   #6732
BHPian

Are you getting a Routemaster Bus from India or abroad ?? I am also searching for one as I already have it in 1:67 scale (Matchbox) & 1:43 scale (Welly).
Old 20th January 2010, 17:43   #6733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
Had been wanting to add the Sunstar -1:24 Scale Routemaster Bus to my collection since years and was able to pick one last week. Should be couple of days for it to get here. Here's a pic of the bus from the net, at 1:24 scale its huge.
Are please do also tell me where are you getting from, the bus is on my list for a long time.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:53   #6734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Are you getting a Routemaster Bus from India or abroad ??
Quote:
Are please do also tell me where are you getting from, the bus is on my list for a long time.
Its from abroad. Its available on Amazon for US$145(link here).
Old 20th January 2010, 19:34   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
Its from abroad. Its available on Amazon for US$145(link here).
Oh it's a sunstar product, my Lancia is also from them. The also have amazing quality at affordable price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks