Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-62.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 446570)
Now that is a model I love to hate. :mad:

Why do you hate to see??

Nothing personal 300kmph but I hate ricks and I could do without seeing one in my collection.

hey salil....
nice work on the car man!!!
but the pictures dont do justice try clickin some pics in the daylight!!

as i said earlier in one of my posts that i am a bike maniac but never ever rode one!!
here are some more pics of my own dhoom collection lol: ...

[COLOR=#333333][/COLOR]

the three amigos...

Road Assasin: Nice pics there, pal. Put up some of the Busa.

Guys Help!!!!
My house is under construction and all my collectibles are under more than 1 inch of dust.. I am scared that if i just wash them with soap and water i can ruin the paint as well as the chrome..

How do i clean them..

Godfather

Godfather dont panic

Just cleam them with a nice wet cloth. Use an old toothbrush to get the dust off from the smaller parts

everything should be ok

Dont even think of getting soap water anywhere near the models. Soap contains sodium hydroxide and it will corrode any unpainted metal parts of the scale models, which is basically a zinc and aluminum alloy.

You could first blow away the dust with a vacuum cleaner at low speeds and then as Dippy suggested, you could clean the difficult areas with a toothbrush or a medium to hard bristled paint brush.

You could also get the sparkle on the plastic windshields with some toothpaste, preferably the white ones. Apply some toothpaste on the windshield with a wet cloth and buff it in small circular motions without apply too much pressure. Do experiment on a not so loved diecast (if there is one) first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 461956)
Godfather dont panic
Just cleam them with a nice with cloth. Use an old toothbrush to get the dust off from the smaller parts
everything should be ok

Thanks Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 461975)
Do experiment on a not so loved diecast (if there is one) first.

Aahhhh... nice one.. The models that i currently have most of them are limited editions
here is the list
1. 1965 Pontiac GTO Hurst Edition (Only 1000 Made)
2. 1970 Mustang Boss
3. Nissan Skyline R34 VSpec -- Nismo limited
4. Mercedes SL 500 -- AMG edition
5. Porsche Carrera GT
6. BMW M3
7. 4 WD Ford Pickup (R/C)
8. Big Foot replica.

Tell me..which vehicle i can experiment on..

Godfather

Had a typo in my earlier post Its "wet cloth"

as on request a few more of the blue birdie and the red hottie!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 461996)
Thanks Dippy

Aahhhh... nice one.. The models that i currently have most of them are limited editions
here is the list
1. 1965 Pontiac GTO Hurst Edition (Only 1000 Made)
2. 1970 Mustang Boss
3. Nissan Skyline R34 VSpec -- Nismo limited
4. Mercedes SL 500 -- AMG edition
5. Porsche Carrera GT
6. BMW M3
7. 4 WD Ford Pickup (R/C)
8. Big Foot replica.

Tell me..which vehicle i can experiment on..

Godfather

If the Porsche is a Maisto, go ahead with this one. You will get plenty of this anywhere. Is the Pontiac GTO Hurst a Maisto? If so I dont think it is ltd ed to 1000 nos. But black is a really rare color and I had a tough time finding one for myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 462669)
If the Porsche is a Maisto, go ahead with this one. You will get plenty of this anywhere.

Yes.. The Porsche is a Maisto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 462669)
Is the Pontiac GTO Hurst a Maisto? If so I dont think it is ltd ed to 1000 nos. But black is a really rare color and I had a tough time finding one for myself.

The GTO is red in color and its from AutoArt.Its limited allright.. Got the certificate with it with the number 563 on it.

Godfather

I would love to see the GTO pics. Never really knew Autoart had made a Pontiac.