Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 05:37   #7936
Senior - BHPian

Awesome & Excellent Thread

In my 2+ years of following Team-BHP, I have somehow completely missed this thread. Even now, I can't believe that I was so blind and dumb to miss all these action. After going through the full thread, all I can say is "Awesome". Hats off to all you people out there for posting pics of your miniatures so professionally. I am personally very elated to know that there are so many folks out there who share the same interest and passion.

When you start collecting car models as a hobby, I am sure most of you would have faced severe criticism from your family and friends. Because, I did. What started off for me as a small time-pass 7 years ago is still going strong.

I am posting some pics of my collection, which includes a mix of everything from 1:18 to 1:72. These pics were all taken 2 years back.

The present tally has grown even bigger, with around 10 to 15 models sitting in my shelf unpacked (including 5 1:18 Maistos) due to lack of space. Have a look and give your comments pls..
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-full-collection.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-tier1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-tier2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-tier3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-tier4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-mercedesbenz.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-hyundais.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evo-twins.jpg  

Old 15th May 2010, 06:16   #7937
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

siddvi - thanks
ben - lovely defender. ive got the same one same colour too.
nice finish on those welly's 1:24.
Old 15th May 2010, 12:05   #7938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
In my 2+ years of following Team-BHP, I have somehow completely missed this thread. Even now, I can't believe that I was so blind and dumb to miss all these action. After going through the full thread, all I can say is "Awesome". Hats off to all you people out there for posting pics of your miniatures so professionally. I am personally very elated to know that there are so many folks out there who share the same interest and passion.

When you start collecting car models as a hobby, I am sure most of you would have faced severe criticism from your family and friends. Because, I did. What started off for me as a small time-pass 7 years ago is still going strong.

I am posting some pics of my collection, which includes a mix of everything from 1:18 to 1:72. These pics were all taken 2 years back.

The present tally has grown even bigger, with around 10 to 15 models sitting in my shelf unpacked (including 5 1:18 Maistos) due to lack of space. Have a look and give your comments pls..
Nice assortment you have collected over the years. Looking forward to seeing some more.
Old 15th May 2010, 14:34   #7939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wow ! That Challenger looks awesome man ! The attention to detail is just amazing. Combined with your photography, Magnifico !
Thanks scorcher.
Check out the SLR posted on pg 525. I guess u would like that more.

Quote:

Thats a huge collection.. Keep them coming..
Old 15th May 2010, 16:45   #7940
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari 599 GTB
The Scale Model Thread-maisto25-large.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto24-large.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto26-large.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto27-large.jpg
Old 15th May 2010, 18:52   #7941
Senior - BHPian

@Scorcher: You missed my lambo pic :(, no issue here is one more.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_6001.cr2.jpg  

Old 15th May 2010, 19:33   #7942
Senior - BHPian

Bandhav
Nice angle. I liked both the lambo pics.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:04   #7943
Senior - BHPian

scale models in HYD

does anyone here know where in Hyderabad can i find good scale models(1:16/1:32)?they used to have a nice collection at HYD Central a couple of years back(i wasn't really into cars then) but they don't have them now!!i'm desperately looking for them.please help.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2010, 02:34   #7944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
SLR vs Carrera

Quote:
Thanks scorcher.
Check out the SLR posted on pg 525. I guess u would like that more.
Quote:
Ferrari 599 GTB
Dude, some talent showcased there ! The Carrera GT,SLR and the Challenger are Topnotch built and finesse, those had to look good and your skills did the rest of the job. The fezza above didn't appeal me that much in contrast with the other lot in the detail, your skills again saves the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
@Scorcher: You missed my lambo pic :(, no issue here is one more.
Buddy, your pics are among those which keeps me comin back for more in here. Else, I'm more into 'Supercars and Imports' as you know. Great cam work and models you have. BUT, I did miss the Lambo shots. Can you please send me the permalink ?

This pic here, Dude, to put things straight even if you are the worst photographer on earth and you shoot it in the ugliest of surroundings, I will always fall for it, if it says - Lamborghini. I'm the BIGGEST LAMBO FAN EVER !!
Old 16th May 2010, 06:25   #7945
BHPian

Ferrari 360 1/43

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The final pics of my H3T. Check out the articulation.
Great shots and nice plate, what did you print it on ?

Quote:

Welcome to this thread, nice collection there waiting for detail pics.

Quote:
Ferrari 599 GTB
great shots of the dodge and ferrari. what scale is 599?

Ferrari 360 1/43-ixo models
The Scale Model Thread-f360.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-f361.jpg
Old 16th May 2010, 07:14   #7946
BHPian

@ arvi86

I spotted a Ford Fusion, somewhere in there. Can you post a full picture for me?

@zibby

Nice car. How much did it cost you?
Old 16th May 2010, 07:17   #7947
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

zibby - the IXO Ferrari 360 Modena is beautiful in 1:43.
Kpzen - that 599 is lovely! - is it a 1:18?
Old 16th May 2010, 08:02   #7948
Senior - BHPian

@ vivekji - It's a Kinsmart Ford Fusion (I think the scale is 1:34), bought for Rs150. IMO, Kinsmart quality is good for the price we pay. The next time I go to Trichy (next weekend), I will take a snap of the Fusion for you.

And yesterday, I called up and asked my friend in Bangalore to go to Model Art and have bought myself a 1:18 Maisto Mercedes-Benz E Class (Black). Waiting to see it soon. BTW, this is what it is (taken from Maisto Website).
Attached Images

Old 16th May 2010, 09:46   #7949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello arvi86 good to see some Kinsmart collector. Did you had a look at my post stating my collection. Almost all the kinsmart models that you have can been seen in my collection. If you missed it then let me know, will provide you the post no.
Old 16th May 2010, 12:02   #7950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Buddy, your pics are among those which keeps me comin back for more in here. Else, I'm more into 'Supercars and Imports' as you know. Great cam work and models you have. BUT, I did miss the Lambo shots. Can you please send me the permalink ?

This pic here, Dude, to put things straight even if you are the worst photographer on earth and you shoot it in the ugliest of surroundings, I will always fall for it, if it says - Lamborghini. I'm the BIGGEST LAMBO FAN EVER !!
These were some real sweet words bro.

And yes i know that "supercar & imports" is your preferable play ground.

I will be sending you the the link of the post in PM.

Most Viewed