Old 7th October 2013, 14:39   #11551
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
got three kit cars from japan. 1:24
going to paint the bodies with automotive paint
Wow !! I love DIY kits.
The last one I did was a Ferrari F430 (HERE)

I have been trying to source DIY kits here in Bangalore, but with no luck.

Would you, or any other member can please point me to any store in Bangalore, or some online website, where I can buy DIY kits, in the size of 1:18 or 1:24.
My budget is within Rs.1000.

The Ferrari DIY had costed me Rs.700 only, that too being a Maisto.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:15   #11552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Would you, or any other member can please point me to any store in Bangalore, or some online website, where I can buy DIY kits, in the size of 1:18 or 1:24.

I think i know which maisto series you're taking about(called "maisto metal kruzerz"), i have a 370z from that series. drilled holes into it and put in leds as head lights and side markers. but those aren't the same kit cars, fewer parts, and metal bodies, and no glue. i searched and found some on "snapdeal"
Old 8th October 2013, 10:58   #11553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think i know which maisto series you're taking about(called "maisto metal kruzerz"), i have a 370z from that series. drilled holes into it and put in leds as head lights and side markers. but those aren't the same kit cars, fewer parts, and metal bodies, and no glue. i searched and found some on "snapdeal"
I did not know the name Maisto Metal Kruzerz. Checked them now, they are all ready to play models.

Any pointers on DIY kits from Maisto or Bburago ?

Did you get those imports from Japan, via Online order, or someone brought them for you ? How much did they cost, if you don't mind sharing ?
Old 8th October 2013, 11:49   #11554
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers on DIY kits from Maisto or Bburago ?

Did you get those imports from Japan, via Online order, or someone brought them for you ? How much did they cost, if you don't mind sharing ?
I havent seen many kits, but their finish doesn't seem that good. the ones here seem like easier kits with much less parts. if you want more assembly and work, the plastic kits are better.
I bought them fromhttp://www.1999.co.jp/eng/,
1. 911 was 2250 yen
2. e30 m3 was 1980 yen
3. e30 e30 325i was 1620 yen
4. shipping was 1690 yen
5. custom duty was rs.700

would be much cheaper if someone brought them with them
Old 8th October 2013, 13:01   #11555
BHPian

This is my prized asset, The Jaguar E-type Cabriolet (1961) 1:18scale model. Presenting to you in all of its Magnificent British Glory. I have had this for over two decades now. It was a birthday gift when I was around 3-4 years of age(1991-1992) (now im 25!) and somebody had already spotted the petrolhead/enthusiast growing within my tiny self
I don't remember and neither do my parents, who gave this to me but yes, I thank you dearly!
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0343.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0344.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0345.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0346.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0347.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0348.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0349.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0350.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0351.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0352.jpg  

Old 11th October 2013, 12:44   #11556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Posting after a long time
Here two new addition Corvette stingray and 458 spyder
What is the scale of the Chevy Corvette? The finish of the new 1:24 Maisto Corvettes that I have spotted in Bangalore isnt upto the mark.

Quote:
are 1:24 kit cars available anywhere in India or any indian online sites?
Quote:
Wow !! I love DIY kits.
The last one I did was a Ferrari F430 (HERE)

I have been trying to source DIY kits here in Bangalore, but with no luck.

The Maisto DIY kits are widely available in Bangalore. Check in Sapphire, Koramangala & Hamleys, Phoenix Mall though most of the regular places do stock them. Over time I have picked up almost all the Ferrari DIY models in the 1:24 scale. Or you can order from
http://dreamcarmodels.com/product_pa...limt=36&pid=20 but you will have to pay for courier charges. I have ordered quite a few items from them earlier when scale models werent widely available in Bangalore. Good service from them always.

Hamleys now stocks all the main brands in 1:24 scale. Picked up the green 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge that Ive had my eyes on for quite a while & a Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet.
Old 11th October 2013, 16:04   #11557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
What is the scale of the Chevy Corvette? The finish of the new 1:24 Maisto Corvettes that I have spotted in Bangalore isnt upto the mark
its 1/18 scale they have it in 2 colours red/marron and black
Old 12th October 2013, 02:22   #11558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Or you can order from
http://dreamcarmodels.com/product_pa...limt=36&pid=20 but you will have to pay for courier charges. I have ordered quite a few items from them earlier when scale models werent widely available in Bangalore. Good service from them always.
This website is simply brilliant !! Fits all the checks in my requirements. Will order a few DIY soon !!
I am too tied up with life, to be able to visit the stores to buy them physically. :(
Old 12th October 2013, 14:43   #11559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
its 1/18 scale they have it in 2 colours red/marron and black
Thought as much, the 1:24 Maisto ones are surprisingly poor but widely available. The headlights in particular are terrible and spoil what is a lovely car.

Quote:
This website is simply brilliant !! Fits all the checks in my requirements. Will order a few DIY soon !!
I am too tied up with life, to be able to visit the stores to buy them physically. :(
The packing has always been good & the products delivered are as advertised (my experience with Vicky.in was exactly the opposite). The only reason I stopped buying from them was because the sales and distribution of scale model cars in 1:24 scale has improved quite a bit over the last couple of years.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:40   #11560
BHPian

1:18 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1:18 Pagani Zonda Cinque
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-gc-front-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-gc-front.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-pz-side-.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-pz-rear.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-pz-top.jpg  

Old 19th October 2013, 17:06   #11561
BHPian

I have a Toyota LC, a 1994 Lexus LS400 and a Ford GT90 in 1:18 scale. I can't remember the models exactly cuz they were gifted to me waaayy back. The LC's front left wheel comes off and the steering wheel has gone kaput too. The Lexus sedan's doors are loose and has some nicks and scratches. The GT90 is in a similar condition too. Although I still have my toys and cars from my childhood days, these models took a hit because back then, I didn't use to value them as much as I do today. I also have a 1:10 BMW R1200C which I'm really proud to possess since there aren't many motorcycles available in 1:10 scale and the ones in 1:18 don't sport die-cast engines, swingarm, fuel tank. Or realistic suspension, braking components, wires, hoses, levers, mirrors and seats. It was indeed a work of art for a mass-produced scale model. I wonder why Maisto didn't introduce more models in this scale (or I'm missing something).

The one model which I aspire to own one day is the Bburago Bugatti EB110 in 1:18. I always used to envy my brother who had one!
Old 25th October 2013, 19:23   #11562
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Went to Audi Jakarta and saw that they had some scale models. Checked the prices. They said each costs IDR 800,000/- or about Rs 4600 odd. There were no price tags! I took grave issue and kept telling him that it cannot be because quite coincidentally I had just been to Audi Stockholm a couple of weeks back and bought a Scale model for around 300SEK, which equals Rs 2700/-. I kept asking the dunderhead at Jakarta if he was sure and he kept saying yes. I am sure he had no clue what he was talking about.
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:57   #11563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Went to Audi Jakarta and saw that they had some scale models. Checked the prices. They said each costs IDR 800,000/- or about Rs 4600 odd. There were no price tags! I took grave issue and kept telling him that it cannot be because quite coincidentally I had just been to Audi Stockholm a couple of weeks back and bought a Scale model for around 300SEK, which equals Rs 2700/-. I kept asking the dunderhead at Jakarta if he was sure and he kept saying yes. I am sure he had no clue what he was talking about.
Import duties might have bumped up the prices. I've noticed that Merchandise sold in Indian dealerships is priced considerably higher than their foreign counterparts.
Old 3rd November 2013, 17:32   #11564
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Import duties might have bumped up the prices. I've noticed that Merchandise sold in Indian dealerships is priced considerably higher than their foreign counterparts.
I appreciate that but am sure that in this particular case the chap there simply had no clue!

He started by quoting IDR 12,000,000 (this is NOT aTypo) and then came to 23,00,000 and then when I told him he was mistaken he went and talked with someone else and brought the price down.

There were no price tags at all unlike Stockholm which in itself is stupid or incorrect practice.

Plus I have the complete Audi Catalogue of miniatures which I got in Stockholm so am reasonably sure that the price of scale model toys cannot be that frighteningly high regardless of the import duty!

I ve bought many 1:43 scale models in many places across the world but this is the first time I am seeing such crazy prices at the parent showroom itself, and which are so widely at variance from anywhere else!

The Scale Model Thread-image2178419283.jpg

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd November 2013 at 17:34.
Old 3rd November 2013, 18:09   #11565
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm still looking for a reputable scale model company to make me a special model of an Indian Tata truck. I was looking at "silvrkraft", but their webpage is under construction and there hasn't been any recent activity on their Facebook page either.

Anybody some other address/company perhaps?

Jeroen

Most Viewed