Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 07:32   #16
BHPian

re: Indian Army goes undercover in Myanmar - A Proud Moment for all!

The last decade has been quite peaceful in NorthEast compared to the decade before that through anti-terror co-operation agreements with Myanmar & Bhutan which made this operation possible.

The loss or 20 jawans in a single strike was the worst we suffered in 2 decades because the ceasefire agreement with NSCN(K) was called off last month.

Time will now tell if we have decisively hurt their capability or they will further retaliate leading to unwanted escalations on the NorthEast border.

Its silly to think this will send a 'message' to Pakistan, the same Govt didnt then dare to do hot pursuit across the border even after a major incursion into our soil at Kargil!

Last edited by gsurya : 11th June 2015 at 07:43.
Old 11th June 2015, 07:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a really good feat by the Army but the media is all over it making tall claims. Already conflicting reports have come up in the media and this is soon going to be another futile debate.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/guwah...w/47619414.cms

http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/...oogle.co.in%2F
Old 11th June 2015, 08:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
It is a really good feat by the Army but the media is all over it making tall claims. Already conflicting reports have come up in the media and this is soon going to be another futile debate.
The Army spokesperson's official briefing was perfect, said "near border", "Myanmar informed"; was polite, ambiguous & diplomatic.

Then the loudmouth minister/politicians & media blew it. Then Myanmar had to react & deny the whole thing. This will backfire in future such ops.
Old 11th June 2015, 11:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to the army!

As much as we are proud of our Army, our media always manages to make us feel disgusted & irritated. I fail to understand why they have to create so much of negativity around everything. Most the reporting they do is based on here say and rumours. See how each incident has been turned into a controversy by these idiots - Pakistan's boat blow up by navy, Yemen rescue by our govt, Nepal earthquake rescue & now this. I am all for strict regulation on our media - India has the largest number of 24X7 news channel's in the world. Compare how the American news (I am not talking about Fox here ) covered 9/11 & Osama assassination and see the circus created by our media day in & day out. I think media in India believes, in democracy, the media's job is to only question, doubt, accuse & create dis-trust of the government in the minds of the citizens.

Salute to our army! I just hope they could do a similar operation & destroy some of our 'news' channels!
Old 11th June 2015, 11:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

The funny episode is Pak's reponse.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome...operation.html
http://www.dawn.com/news/1187363

It appears as if they are admitting surreptitiously that they are harboring insurgent groups in their territory, and since India is keen to engage in "hot pursuit" it should not even think of entering Pak.

As an aside, I am all in for India's image as an aggressor state. Be it military, economics, politics. All super powers have grown to their current state by being aggressive and trampling the weak/defeated.
Old 11th June 2015, 12:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree with wanderernomad. Someone on top decided this thing needs to be splashed across the media, and it was. I was a bit aghast initially to see the faces openly exposed of our boys, and am glad to know that this was not actually that of the raiding team. Be that as it may, its not responsible to show the faces of our forces openly on social media, news, etc. and would request that the opening photo of the OP be rmoved or faces blanked out please. Agree its all over, but we should do our bit as a responsible forum. Just my 2 paise on this.

RIP to our jawans. And gratitude for their service to our land.

Jai Hind.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:38   #22
BANNED

I had given up all hope of a fitting reaction by our army. Now this

1. Seems that the images going viral on the nest are stock pics about two years old. Otherwise it will be big blunder.

2. The reaction of Pakistan speaks for itself. They are rattled. Of course things on POK will be tougher and fraught with more risks.

3. Of course Myanmar had to claim that all happened on Indian soil.

4. Reaction of the Principal Opposition (or rather lack thereof) is shocking. Maybe 10JP is pacifist but the current occupant of 7RCR is definitely not.

I liked the Interview with Col Rathore, stating bluntly this may only be the first such action.

The media must understand that not everything can be revealed. Did Obama broadcast from the NY Times or CNN that he is going after Osama?
Old 11th June 2015, 15:10   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Indian Army goes undercover in Myanmar - A Proud Moment for all!

Mod Note: Thread closed as this discussion will inevitably take a political turn (which our rules don't permit).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks