Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 19:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
RBI bars Paytm Payments Bank from onboarding new customers
Source : TOI
Is data sharing the reason for RBI action? (Economic Times report)
Old 16th May 2022, 11:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.)

I had booked two tickets on IRCTC and paid via PayTM UPI. The tickets had to be cancelled, and IRCTC shows both refunds as complete. But only one has been credited to me account.

Reaching PayTM care has been difficult, and anyway they just update saying that merchant has to be contacted for refund issues. Despite providing the transaction reference numbers shared by IRCTC.

Any pointers on how to get help regarding this?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th June 2022 at 16:13. Reason: typo
Old 8th June 2022, 16:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Credit Cards can now be linked with UPI, starting with RuPay

Source: MoneyControl

Quote:
Excerpts:

t is still not clear how the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) will be applied for UPI transactions done using credit cards. For each transaction, the merchant pays a certain percentage of the transaction amount which is then divided among the banks and payment service providers.

Credit cards on the other hand attract the highest MDR between two and three percent. Clarity will be needed on whether MDR will have to be let go for transactions done using credit cards linked to UPI.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 18:29   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Credit Cards can now be linked with UPI, starting with RuPay

Source: MoneyControl
They have already said that it's for Rupay Credit Cards only, for which MDR is already very small. They have said it will be later on enabled for other types of cards. Seems they have put the onus on other players to sort out MDR. Most probably other players will just stay off it. It has not been mandated to them. Good to see the competition intensifying!
Old 26th June 2022, 17:09   #185
AZT
BHPian

I usually pay utility bills through Amazon Pay but this time the transaction wasn’t going through so tried via Paytm. They’ve started a an additional charge for payments via credit card. Didn’t remember seeing this earlier. Same for PhonePe, they too had a convenience fee when paying electricity bill. Seems AmazonPay and CredPay (newly launched) are the only ones where you can pay without any extra credit card charge.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:38   #186
BHPian

Anyone here having Axis account and using with PhonePe app ? I've faced transaction failures multiple times when I do phonepe payment. Error message I get is "Your bank has blocked or frozen your account. Please contact your bank for details." But when I process the same transaction via card/other UPI app, it completes successfully. Is this issue with PhonePe Axis bank ? Anyone else faced this issue? I'm finding Google Pay more reliable these days.
Old 21st February 2023, 18:06   #187
BHPian

India and Singapore have linked their digital payment systems, UPI and PayNow, to enable fast and low-cost fund transfers. Currently eight banks from both countries, including DBS, Liquid Group, Axis Bank, and State Bank of India, participating in the collaboration.

Citizens in either country can use their respective local payment systems to transfer money to recipients in real-time. At present, the Reserve Bank of India has set a limit of 1000 Singapore dollars per day for remittances from India to Singapore.

reference
da3mn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 18:17   #188
BHPian

This is big!

RBI imposes major business restrictions on Paytm Payments Bank

Quote:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 31 imposed major business restrictions on Paytm Payments Bank including accepting fresh deposits and doing credit transactions after February 29.
Quote:
No further deposits or credit transactions or top ups shall be allowed in any customer accounts, prepaid instruments, wallets, FASTags, NCMC cards, etc. after February 29, 2024, other than any interest, cashbacks, or refunds which may be credited anytime, RBI said.
Quote:
Further, no other banking services, other than those referred in (ii) above, like fund transfers (irrespective of name and nature of services like AEPS, IMPS, etc.), BBPOU and UPI facility should be provided by the bank after February 29, 2024.
Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks