Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2007, 10:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

A highly qualified politician of this country ...read through its amazing !

Got this forwarded to me today , some how I find it hard to believe. Its a content from 10Th Aug 2004 Bombay times .

You have posted the link to your mail inbox, no wonder we can't see the link. See if you have the direct link to the news story. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 26th January 2007 at 10:31.
Old 26th January 2007, 10:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Got this forwarded to me today , some how I find it hard to believe. Its a content from 10Th Aug 2004 Bombay times .
I cant see anything . please resubmit attachment.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th January 2007 at 10:28.
Old 26th January 2007, 10:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

I hope its not that age old Bio-data of Manmohan Singh, which i have already seen a hundred times!
Old 26th January 2007, 15:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys here is the paper clipping !

Last edited by maxbhp : 26th January 2007 at 15:11.
Old 26th January 2007, 23:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

He had all degrees before age 30... keep an average of 2 years per degree... Think now!!

Godfather
Old 26th January 2007, 23:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

Something weird, IAS and IPS are not degrees and can someone be both IAS and IPS?
Old 27th January 2007, 00:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Something weird, IAS and IPS are not degrees and can someone be both IAS and IPS?

Hmmm...no i dont think so..

Godfather
Old 27th January 2007, 00:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope you gotta select one of the services. Its a hoax.

Everything about it is weird.
Old 27th January 2007, 01:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately he is dead now.. See the link below.. They also mention of his various degrees..How is it possible???

Dr Shrikant Jichkar: A scholar-politician

Godfather
Old 27th January 2007, 01:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nope you gotta select one of the services. Its a hoax.

Everything about it is weird.
I guess he must have written both exam's in Public service committee selection's and got the top marks.I understand that there is a written exams after which the selected one's are sent to shimla for further training,

Both are quite similar and the exams are mostly a one day affair,the content's are the one's which are the one's to worry about,

The major chunk are mostly true and false,essay's and mind melting G.K question's,in other word's you need to be Steeroid to pass this one!!

Also the the final scores help you decide wether you want to go to IAS or IPS,You can opt for both exams together.

Nothing weird about this one atleast.

EDIT:He has taken exam's seperatly in his case.(Thanks Godfather)

Last edited by Desert fox : 27th January 2007 at 01:40.
Old 27th January 2007, 08:34   #11
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...can someone be both IAS and IPS?
Thinking of your question, "can someone be both IAS and IPS?", brings to mind the career of my own uncle (mother's brother). A modest set of qualifications, he has a Bachelors in Science, Masters in Economics, Masters Diploma in Public Administration and a Bachelors in Law.

He has always been my hero and I am proud and happy to share this with you.

He had qualified for the IPS and underwent the training course in Digboi, Assam. Then he chose to quit the IPS and took the IAS exam. After qualifying and training he was part of the IAS batch of 1958 Madhya Pradesh cadre.

In 1962, he was Under Secretary General-Administration Dept. at Bhopal
Following that he was Additional Collector Jabalpur, then Collector, Betul

He held a succession of prestigeous posts:
At Bhopal, Deputy Secretary (Forest), Deputy Secretary Public Health,
Director: Panchayats & Social Welfare, Special Secretary in General Administration Dept. and Secretary in General Administration Dept.
From 1977 to 1983 he was Joint Secretary Air (Ministry of Defence) and Joint Secretary Ordnance (Ministry of Defence). As Joint Secretary Air, he was part of the team that purchased the Anglo-French Jaguar Deep Penetration Strike Aircraft for our Indian Air Force after a European tour to evaluate Swedish, French and British fighter aircraft.

Later he went back to Bhopal to become Director Academy of Administration.
In the period 1983 to 1991 he was Principal Secy to the Govt of MP in the
General Admin. Dept., Planning, Economics & Statistics Dep., then Planning, Economics & Statistics & Energy, then Energy & General Admin. Dept., Labour, Manpower Planning & Technical Education, then
Addl. Chief Secy. (Labour, Manpower Planning & Technical Education) for two terms & Dir. Gen. Acad of Administration.

After holding various prestigeous posts, he retired in 1991 as Additional Chief Secretary (Labor, Manpower Planning & Technical Education).

After retirement he completed his LLB and has since taken up a very successful Consumer Protection Legal Practice, which he continues till date in Bhopal, MP.
Old 28th January 2007, 04:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

About Dr Jichkar, It would be demeaning and belittling the thirst (or should I say hunger) for education this man had by calling it a hoax or refering o him as a scamster. I had the good fortune of meeting up with him at some hi flying page 3 kinda party many many years ago where both of us were feeling lost and teherfore got talking. As he was not very publicity savvy he was not recognised by the "Jet Setting" people in the party.At that time, he was a minister.Think he was around 34 years old at then. I had a long chat with him and he said that he appeared for exams every April and Oct-November as per the Bombay University dates and got many a degree. Dont remember correctly but he said he had some 24 or 34 degrees already. He also had to give up a degree and re appear in the next examination because he had appeared for two diffrent degrees in the same month, something which was not allowed according to the Bom. Univ rules then. (dont know about it now). That inspired him to seek upto multiple degrees in a year as he now travelled to other cities and universities inthe same semester and got multiple degrees every year. He infact inspired me to carry on further studies and look for more degrees.I asked him what he liked doing in his spare time and he cooly replied: "In my spare time I collect degrees". Sad that he is no longer with us. RIP.

Last edited by V-16 : 28th January 2007 at 04:11.
Old 28th January 2007, 19:25   #13
BHPian

Yes, Dr. Shrikant Jichkar was a famous personality in Maharashtra politics and even Indian politics to some extent.

Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago in a car accident (I wonder why good and honest politicians are taken away by God so quickly and the useless and corrupt ones are still here).

If my knowledge is correct, he acquired most of his degrees from Nagpur University (?) where it is (or was) possible to study for more than one dergee at a time. Mind you, all his degrees are GENUINE. They are not "bought" or "honourary".

An honest politician and a man of principles, he worked for many issues and did an honest effort to improve the education system of Maharashtra. He had once published a booklet regarding careers after 12th standard in association with the Government of Maharashtra which was freely distrubuted to students irrespective of any criterion.

He could have easily got a job in an MNC and would have probably earned lots but he preferred to serve the people.

My respects and tribute to this great man.
Old 28th January 2007, 19:34   #14
BHPian

Here are my father's qualifications. Not big as that of Dr. Jichkar but still it's a source of inspiration for me.
B.E. (Civil),
M.E. (Construction Management) (1st from Mumbai University)
L.LB
L.LM
Diploma in Tax Management (DTM)
Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA)
and some more too...

Still not interested.... Then here's the interesting part.
Apart from his B.E., he acquired all his degrees after the age of 40 (!!!) after doing a balancing act between work and studies. He took a study leave for his M.E. though...

He wanted to do this at a younger age but could not do it because of other problems and priorities.

By the way, he is an Exec. Engineer in the Government of Maharashtra.
Old 29th January 2007, 01:28   #15
BHPian

I had a feeling about the man's good credentials.Though i had not heard of this man before i read this thread, I wish i had an oppurtunity to meet and talk to him.

Unfortunately,like many talented people of our country,we know of him after he has passed away.

Can anyone tell me if his books or autobiography exists? I want to know his translation and findings of our ancient inscriptions,

It will be a great favour on me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks