Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 00:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

Help/ Suggestions for Auto Expo (Inter-college level)...

MODS: Not sure if this indeed is the right place for the thread... Couldnt find a better place... Please move if necessary...

Guys,

As some of you might know, am doing B.Tech in Automobile engineering, SCT college of engineering, Trivandrum...

We are organising an Auto expo+ Technical and Cultural fest... And, As per current plans, hope to make it the best we have in this part of the country...

The main limitations are budget, and the fact that no company is based in Kerala... Also, I wish we had majors in the modification field like Autopsyche, Viper performance, Kittup etc here... But that too remains a wish...

The positives as of now are that, the expo has recieved good popularity even though there is a month left... Some two and four wheeler majors are willing to come with their range of products... Also, the sponsorship part is also not letting us down...

Venue: A big problem for us... Since There are only two options available... (As tvm bhp-ians know)... We are forced to go with Kanakakunnu palace grounds as the venue... Space is at a premium... But... is manageable...

Date: march 22-25

There is only one month left... Need all the help... Guys, Please give your suggestions... Also, some of you have good contacts with some companies, some hold good position in companies, some even have good contacts with guys having modified and exotic cars... Alll the experts and car lovers here, plase help...

Please bear in mind that, basically, we are students, and so, the budget wont, in any way, match those of expo's conducted by the Industry majors...

Also, will update the details and the pics of the locations and ground soon... I hope, all the tvm guys will help us out in this... Some details are given in the site... Autobahn07- The complete Automobile Expo....

I am not entitled to make a final decision on anything... But all suggestion will be considered with due respect...

(All the best for Jerish participating in the INRC at cochin)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th February 2007 at 00:28.
Old 25th February 2007, 01:34   #2
BHPian

how bout making a stall to promote team BHP with all trivandrum BHPIANS
you do know there are good moded cars in trivandrum get in touch and ask if the will show up..
Old 25th February 2007, 15:56   #3
BHPian

All the best for it crazy !!! I don't have many suggestions . Just make sure that you people live upto the publicity thats being given to it .
I'll be there for sure but not sure for how much time cos we too are organising a cultural cum technical fest soon after that .
Old 25th February 2007, 17:45   #4
BHPian

You can organise a t-bhp meet at the expo... Try your luck in the T-bhp meet section.... and best of luck for the expo. Do post ur experiences
Old 26th February 2007, 01:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
All the best for it crazy !!! I don't have many suggestions . Just make sure that you people live upto the publicity thats being given to it .
I'll be there for sure but not sure for how much time cos we too are organising a cultural cum technical fest soon after that .

Count me in for it too...

About the quality of the event... I dont know how successful we will be... But, hope to make it better than what we have usually...

The best part is... Autobahn 08 is getting a strong start... And Our batch will be leading it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
how bout making a stall to promote team BHP with all trivandrum BHPIANS
you do know there are good moded cars in trivandrum get in touch and ask if the will show up..
Doesnt that need permission from Mods and all???

Yes... there are good modded cars... But better contacts would help... Also, there are so many exoptic cars... But, getting them is another story altogether...
Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
You can organise a t-bhp meet at the expo... Try your luck in the T-bhp meet section.... and best of luck for the expo. Do post ur experiences
Yes yes... Pics of the venue and grounds are in My friend's laptop... Am waiting for it.. Will update...
Old 26th February 2007, 05:00   #6
BANNED

There was a similar event hosted some time ago in Cochin. Yes, it was organised by some college guys. It was a good event and people really liked it. The area was small but it remained full and exciting most of the times.
Some things I noted from that event;
1. It had a competition of all the cars on demo. Best modified car, best vintage car, best modified bike, best maintained vehicle, best stall, best show vehicle etc... This raised the enthusiasm of the spectators and organisers.
2. There would be a demo every hour or so of engines, ICE etc.. It'd be allowed to blast and show off each ones ICE and/or rev up their engines. A small voting would be done by the spectators and the winner would be announced for best sounding car.
3. Local car accessory shops were involved by hosting their own cars and also bringing in cars done by them. This is a very easy method to get in touch with modded/kitted up cars.
4. Aftermarket products were offered with very good discounts and demo.
5. The show wasn't overhyped. Just the correct amount of publicity given and rest it was word of mouth doing duty.
6. Yes, we had a mini team-BHP meet @ the venue.

I dunno if it's late now, but try contacting the guys You've mentioned in your post by PM/phone. Posting here and expecting participation response may not be successful.

Team-BHP stall will need permission from the forum administrators. Get in touch with them. But, my opinion is to keep the forum out of these kinda events unless asked to.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Like i posted earlier...we've got the permission from GTO regarding the stall.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
There was a similar event hosted some time ago in Cochin. Yes, it was organised by some college guys. It was a good event and people really liked it. The area was small but it remained full and exciting most of the times.
Some things I noted from that event;
1. It had a competition of all the cars on demo. Best modified car, best vintage car, best modified bike, best maintained vehicle, best stall, best show vehicle etc... This raised the enthusiasm of the spectators and organisers.
2. There would be a demo every hour or so of engines, ICE etc.. It'd be allowed to blast and show off each ones ICE and/or rev up their engines. A small voting would be done by the spectators and the winner would be announced for best sounding car.
3. Local car accessory shops were involved by hosting their own cars and also bringing in cars done by them. This is a very easy method to get in touch with modded/kitted up cars.
4. Aftermarket products were offered with very good discounts and demo.
5. The show wasn't overhyped. Just the correct amount of publicity given and rest it was word of mouth doing duty.
6. Yes, we had a mini team-BHP meet @ the venue.

I dunno if it's late now, but try contacting the guys You've mentioned in your post by PM/phone. Posting here and expecting participation response may not be successful.

Team-BHP stall will need permission from the forum administrators. Get in touch with them. But, my opinion is to keep the forum out of these kinda events unless asked to.
Thank you...

1. We have some competitions like... Mileage rally, obstacle race, Boom car (best ICE... Wanna compete... Have heard about your ICE set-up)... But, the best car and best stall ideas, and best vintage vehicle ideas are real good... Thank you...

2. Thats fantastic... I think it can be done, at no extra cost too...

3. We have one major stall given to an accesories shop here... And some of the other small players... Also, they are allowed to show off their ICED cars (which most of them have)

4. Hmmm... Thats good... Thank you... will have a talk with the shops, to see if its possible...

5. Am afraid we have more publicity, cause our college is having Automobile engineering... So, colleges in trivandrum know about the event... Hope to make it good enough...
Old 26th February 2007, 11:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Like i posted earlier...we've got the permission from GTO regarding the stall.
Got to get permission??? or got permission???

And... Karthik... Do you have contacts with any guys having modded or imported or vintage cars???
Old 26th February 2007, 14:13   #10
BANNED

Please!!! Not another PM thread. Please put use of the PM facility for asking questions to each other. (It's already much publicised that Mallu BHPians use the forum as PM)!!!!.

Got permission from GTO for an official Team-BHP stall??? That's great. More in detail please!

Last edited by speedzak : 26th February 2007 at 14:14.
Old 27th February 2007, 00:06   #11
BHPian

if we have the permission, whats keeping you guys back give us a call allready and we will hook you up and where as getting mods ICE we can take care of that somehow karthik247 any bright ideas............
Old 3rd March 2007, 02:35   #12
BHPian

hey crazy driver post the details of the autoshow will like to know our options already, have to arrange a lot of things, we do need time as well
Old 3rd March 2007, 18:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey crazy driver post the details of the autoshow will like to know our options already, have to arrange a lot of things, we do need time as well
sorry... was running around too much for the past few days...

For detailed stall rates... Please visit... Autobahn07 - The complete Automobile Expo....

For details on some competitions available... Please visit...
Autobahn07 - The complete Automobile Expo....
Old 4th March 2007, 20:38   #14
BHPian

crazydriver the site shows only the rates where is the block and do let us know hw many cars can precisily park in the plot we talked about earlie.. i will make it easy i need to get 4 cars parked in the stall is it possible
Old 8th March 2007, 21:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
crazydriver the site shows only the rates where is the block and do let us know hw many cars can precisily park in the plot we talked about earlie.. i will make it easy i need to get 4 cars parked in the stall is it possible
Hmmm... We'll meet... Thats better... Just ask karthik to give a missed call when you guys are hanging out together...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks