Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 01:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Love at First Sight !

BMW – Born motor wild
(Please excuse the pic quality as it was taken with my V3i)
I am sure there has been some kind of an association between me and BMW long back, maybe I was a nut or a piston in my past life . Its one name that pops up in my ant sized brain everytime a person asks me about the reason for my passion for cars . Till now I have driven two of them a 1997 316i and a 2001 3.0TD X5 and its one experience I will be able to recall clearly for my whole life , each and every second of it . The moment I gripped on to the steering I felt complete, I thought it was stupid to think that way but today am sure it much more than just a feeling . I just met my love at first sight.
It’s a 2003 320ci , 2.2Lit 6cylinder . Right from the moment you lay your eyes on her every little detail stands out . It makes you realize what perfection in design is(subjective). The first thing I felt like doing is hugging her on the hood and kissing on the lips(kidney) but somehow I controlled my excitement and approached the person at a local import dealer .Started a casual talk with him about the car , its price and other details. After answering my queries politely he turned and started walking towards the car. Boy that’s when I jumped up so high I thought I touched the ceiling just to let out the excitement like a blow off cock letting out the excess pressure. Slowly I started walking towards her and I realised how enamouring her eyes were .My hands went numb when I gripped the door lever. It felt so right .The door opened with a definite click and I slipped into the perfectly stictched leather seats and felt for the first time being completely supported by something I love so dearly. When I got hold of the steering it was like catching a woman on her hand and saying “ I have complete trust in you”. The whole experience was so mesmerizing I could hardly hear what the guy was speaking to me. …all I can do is just stare stare and stare.

coming back to facts : It ran on Pirelli runflats. The spare tyre has a max speed rating of 80kmph.

Old 4th March 2007, 01:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Good first love. How does she respond at the redine just before the rev limiter cuts her off?

Last edited by theMAG : 4th March 2007 at 01:19.
Old 4th March 2007, 01:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Good first love. How does she respond at the redine just before the rev limiter cut her off?
am sorry I havent driven her yet
Old 4th March 2007, 01:42   #4
BHPian

wow thts really an awsome awsome car.
really liked those headlamps and the controls on the steering wheel.but bmw could have given an alloy for the spare tyre too..
this car is at chirayath cars??so when are you going to marry this first love??do call me when u have bought it
Old 4th March 2007, 01:59   #5
BANNED

Engaged???

It is already engaged according to some. One guy who owns some birds' houses have laid her I heard.

It was insanely priced at 35L+ tag!!
Some guys have all the luck and some guys (like me) have those unending wishes!!!

@Max, was this the reason you called me?? And the speed rating cannot be 80kmh!!! Still fazed by the glimpse????

Last edited by speedzak : 4th March 2007 at 02:02.
Old 4th March 2007, 02:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

And the speed rating cannot be 80kmh!!! Still fazed by the glimpse????
the instrumentation is in mph....so maybe the speed rating is 80MPH??

Quote:
Some guys have all the luck and some guys (like me) have those unending wishes!!!
me too like you heheehe.....mera number kab aayegaaa??
Old 4th March 2007, 02:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

That's one hell of a car,max.Very nice first love.

Regarding the spare not being an alloy I was once told that it is intentionally done so that you remember that you are using your spare tyre and you have a tyre to fix up.
Old 4th March 2007, 07:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is already engaged according to some. One guy who owns some birds' houses have laid her I heard.

It was insanely priced at 35L+ tag!!

@Max, was this the reason you called me?? And the speed rating cannot be 80kmh!!! Still fazed by the glimpse????

Yes , I called you for that. Tried 3 times but no luck . Where were you ? The speed rating is 50mph , or 80kmph. I will post a pic of it.Yes its bought by our bird guy .Its sold for 25 lacs. The car was previously owned by Oberoi.

Last edited by maxbhp : 4th March 2007 at 07:45.
Old 4th March 2007, 08:23   #9
BHPian

envy you man!!!

You sat in the car???!!!! ugh....that wud be the ultimate feeling for me man!!! I too 'stop' infront of that showroom everytime I pass thru that way!! Saw it yesterday too there!!
Now I will also go and meet the guy there just to have a very close glimpse!!!
Old 4th March 2007, 18:00   #10
BHPian

will you look at that beaut! my godd! such grace! such stance!

look at tht engine compartment! look how damn neat it is. why cant cheaper car makers like toyota, honda, chevrolet etc spend another dime and fix one of those plastic things on the damn engine! makes it so neat and beautiful.
Old 4th March 2007, 18:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post

Why is that one wheel bolt slightly different than the other four? Is it some kind of security feature does it need any special tool to unbolt it?

Nice car, i'm a BeeEmm fan.
Old 4th March 2007, 20:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Why is that one wheel bolt slightly different than the other four? Is it some kind of security feature does it need any special tool to unbolt it?

Nice car, i'm a BeeEmm fan.
what is that bolt.
their is no way that it ccan act as a security bolt only if it was wirless and i looked around and havnt found any security features about a car bolt
Old 6th March 2007, 15:04   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The previous gen 3-series is indeed a timeless design. There is not a line out of place (Cant say the same about the current 3).

Fantastic report.....a fun read!
Old 6th March 2007, 15:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
coming back to facts : It ran on Pirelli runflats. The spare tyre has a max speed rating of 80kmph.
Max - The car is not on run-flats for three reasons. One this generation (E46) was never equipped with run flats. Two she's equipped with Pirelli P6000 tyres which are normal radials & not run-flats and thirdly the spare is a Space-Saver which means it is a smaller tyre than the rest of the tyres & is designed for occasional use only. Hence, the maximum speed rating of 80km/h on it which does not apply to the other 4 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
what is that bolt.
their is no way that it ccan act as a security bolt only if it was wirless and i looked around and havnt found any security features about a car bolt
Yes that bolt has a seperate locking key & it can only be removed using that. These bolts are security features to prevent theft of the alloy wheels as the thief cannot take off the alloy unless he has the specific key with him.

Last edited by iraghava : 6th March 2007 at 15:30.
Old 6th March 2007, 16:01   #15
Team-BHP Support

Also, to add to iraghava if it had run-flats there shouldn't be a spare at all, like the current 3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks