Team-BHP - Your TOP 5 Indian Cars?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Your TOP 5 Indian Cars? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/2186-your-top-5-indian-cars.html)

Alright petrol-heads, lets have you bare...What are you top 5 Indian cars, leaving out the current C, E and S Class's from Mercedes.

Mine are:

1. The W124 Mercedes Benz E220 - The last of the old school Benzes, 140 odd horses, rides like a tank and built to last forever.

2. Mahindra SWB (short wheel base) Jeeps - Awesome fun to drive, turns heads like no other, supreme off-roaders and very cheap to own and run.

3. Ford Mondeo - The only true drivers car in the D Segment. Fast, amazing looker, razor sharp handling and lots of potential for after-market mods.

4. Honda City Vtec - Need I say anymore?

5. *Palio 1.6 GTX - Revolves around the driver. The definitive hot hatch

Lets hear yours,

GTO

#1 Mahindra CJ - Always wanted it, can't buy it for certain reasons
#2 Mercedes Benz E220 (W124) - Everyone knows I love older Mercs
#3 Skoda Octavia - If there is a saloon car in India that'll replace my current one, this is it
#4 Hindustan Ambassador - It may be absolutely aweful, but, this is the car that made me a really good driver
#5 Mitsubishi Lancer - Wonderful! Now can I get a manual 1.8 please?

For a moment I thought of putting the Standard 2000 in my list, but, its horrible engine kept it out. And it may come as a big surprise to most of the guys who've known me for a while that the car I drive and love so much, my Contessa 1.8 didn't make it.

Hey Aditya,

Always knew you to be a CJ fan, but wasnt aware its your no.1. Lets talk Jeep the next time we meet up

GTO

P.S. Our choice no.1 and no.2 are both rear-wheel drive. Our daily drivers (Your conti and my CJ = Rear wheel drives too)

Heres my list of top 5 Indian cars

1) W124 Mercedes Benz- I always loved the older Mercs

2) Honda City 1.5/ Vtec( earlier model) - Great performance, good looks

3) Mahindra CJ - Raw Power go anywhere capability

4) Subaru Forester - Impreza platform, AWD .. I love it

5) Skoda Octavia - Great build, feels solid , best tyre wheels combos seen in any Indian car on the road yet.

Others which closely behind my top 5 are the Ford Endeavor, Mondeo, Palio GTX... I love the Zen too cause I drive one

Cheers

Dippy

1. Honda City Vtec - Performance for money!!!
2. Honda Accord - Everything for money!!!
3. Ford Mondeo - Performance at a price.
4. Ford Endeavor - Not really a driver's car but the best offroader in the country.
5. New Honda City - Has set an unbeatable standard in fuel efficiency.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Feb. 25 2004,01:40)]1. Honda City Vtec - Performance for money!!!
2. Honda Accord - Everything for money!!!
3. Ford Mondeo - Performance at a price.
4. Ford Endeavor - Not really a driver's car but the best offroader in the country.
5. New Honda City - Has set an unbeatable standard in fuel efficiency.

Regards...
Shan2nu

The New Honda City???

Ya, the New City.

I admire cars that set standards, and the New City has done the best job so far.

Regards...
Shan2nu

SL500 [Its sold in India ]
E220 [W124] *- *much much better than the newer ones. [only in Black]
City 1.5 EXi-S *- *the old City. the only performance car with standard skirts all around [the dark blue]
City VTEC * - *
Skoda Octavia - good looks
Toyota Corolla *- the quickest car on Indian roads.

SL500?? Smart alec....

GTO

1. Mecedes Benz C Class - Personal Luxury !!!
2. Honda City Vtec(old one) - Performance for money!!!
3. Mitsubishi Lancer SFX - Truly sports car!!!
4. Maruti Suzuki Baleno - Performance at an affordable price.
5. Ford Endeavor - Not really a driver's car but the best offroader in the country.

Techno

hey guys, theres only 1 Vtec City. Theres no new and old model.

top 5 indian cars........

1) honda accord

2) ford mondeo

3) skoda octavia

4) hyundai santro

5) gm forrester

cheers

The Mondeo is a great drivers car and according to Autocar theres quite a few pre owned Mondeos available for around nine lakhs rupees. But I guess for the same price you'd also get an Accord of the same vintage

Cheers

Yeah Dippy, In fact according to the latest autocar - early 2001 Mondeos can be had starting at 6.5 lacs? Amazing....but if only the parts were not so outlandishly expensive on this car. Just a malfunctioned cd player costs 75,000 to replace at the company outlets.

GTO

Here is my top 5 in no particular order of prefrance:
1. Honda Accord - unjapanese looks, great performance and priced well
2. Mercedes SL 500 - One of the best cars in the world (why india?) Unfortunately, the BMW M class is not avaliable here or the SL wouldn't have made it to the list!
3. Suburu Forrester - Great AWD flat four engine by suburu
4. Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX/S10 - FANTASTIC car for the price! amazing engine. the power just keeps coming and coming and coming like it's never gonna end ever! Trust me , i should know, I drive a S10!
5. Skoda Octivia - great europeon looks , fantastic diesel engine. Skoda plz bring in the octivia with the PD engine
*Unfortunately, bmw or alfa romeo are not avaliable in india