Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your dream car or the one you love? - What will it be ?
The car all the way..everything else can wait 190 42.04%
Love for me..cars will come when they have to 262 57.96%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 15:52   #226
Senior - BHPian

Nahhh......I think Ill have to go with Dippy....true love first and then the car...remember, as someone said, its a machine all said and done!!
Old 11th April 2008, 16:51   #227
BHPian

Its a difficult question, ain't it . I'd go for lady love, though.
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:29   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Lovely Thread!!!! Had a nice read through the entire thread. Loved the battle on page 3 and 4, between v12 and dippy. Haha...Well I voted for the girl now, unfortunately dint get either a car or a girl till now. Sad....
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Dude you voted for the right thing. You are sailing in the winning boat. 135 votes for love and 103 for car.

As you are not in the winning boat you will have both soon

This was what I had to say an year back. Now am proud to say that I made the right choice. Now I got the love of my live and slowly I got a nice little zen in a few months.

I know you guys are talking about a dream car. To be frank, this car is my first one, and it means a lot to me. Check this thread started by me at the same time last year :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...m-too-far.html

At that time, I felt life to be unfair but now, evrything is just right! And that too at the right time.

Now when am comparing both, it just isnt right. I mean, both are different. Cannot be compared. The love for your soulmate and the love for passion of cars. They are just not comparable. But on gunpoint, anyday hands down, am ready to leave my dream car for her. Am sure many guys wont understand. When you guys find the right person, you will understand what I mean. She means a lot to me. Its a very special feeling which cant be put into words. At times, she does get bugged with me when I go on and on about cars, gadgets and all the stuff we guys are interested in. These stuff dont facinate her but she understands how crazy I am about them and cooperates even though she gets bored with those stuff. Thats what I love, we both understand each other. Now I have someone whom I can share everything and someone to support and stay with me through all my goodand bad times. Today I may want an EVO, a few years down the lane, ill eventually get bored and crave for something better. When it comes to gadgets and cars, the wants and needs keep changing. Today, I may like my car with swanky alloys, gauges, neons, strobes, boomy audio, etc. As I grow older, ill surely grow out of this "show-off" nature. I know it, I can see myself change. But when it comes to my love, its a different feeling and a whole different world.

Even though you have the best car and everything you ever wanted but dont have that special person, you feel the voidness. Now even though I dont have a dreamcar, I dont feel that voidness. Am content with what I have. Now its just my career I need to build up on, and am sure, within 4-5 years, i WILL own my dreamcar!!!

What more can I ask for?

Last edited by furioussphinx : 22nd June 2008 at 06:43.
Old 24th June 2008, 09:59   #229
BHPian

Wo! Wo! Man this is heavy. This guy is in the deep end. Way to go friend.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:06   #230
Senior - BHPian

time for an update: Read My Signature!

ETC must be having a tough time - sometimes she just can't take it anymore - she thinks that i am going crazy about my cars - at times she shouts at me whenever i donot slow down on a rough patch on the road - well yes! she at times cares about Planet and Sonja. Once when my car spun out of control - she thought that i was "drifting" - aint that sweet?
Old 24th June 2008, 16:40   #231
BHPian

My lady love all the way, cars can wait Can do with a honda instead of a Lambo but cannot replace her
Old 24th June 2008, 21:43   #232
BHPian

Indian - Safari Dicor
International - Mustang Convertable

Bike - Yamaha R1
Old 28th June 2008, 10:18   #233
Senior - BHPian

It nothing but car. Love can wait and will be left waiting.
Basically, cars are more faithful and realiable than love.
And I love cars.
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:35   #234

Must have a classic exotic car first. Say, a 1932 Dusenberg. Sell it for the 50 crore it is worth, buy a Prada or some chick magnet for under 30 lakh and sit back and reel them in!
Old 13th September 2008, 13:11   #235

guys my choice would be for the car..

just imagine, yo're getting down out of red lambo or rolls in front of a grand night club.. soon yo'll be welcomed by angels on both sides.. wont they.,?? then you could pick one.. right? simple..
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:31   #236
BHPian

surely its a difficult question. but i would choose love, simply because cars will come when they have to
Old 16th October 2008, 20:59   #237
BHPian

Well it depends. If you already have love in your life, then you'd be stupid to give that up for a car

On the other hand, if you don't have a girl in your life, the car will spur new interests, and theres more than one reason why cars have backseats
Old 17th October 2008, 20:27   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder View Post
guys my choice would be for the car..

just imagine, yo're getting down out of red lambo or rolls in front of a grand night club.. soon yo'll be welcomed by angels on both sides.. wont they.,?? then you could pick one.. right? simple..
you could. but then again she may be welcoming some one else the day your lambo is in the shop for an oil change
Old 24th October 2008, 19:31   #239
BHPian

In Indian Market its Palio, VRS, Accord, Nissan Teana....
Ferrari 599 GTO, Pontiac Fire Bird old muscle.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
In Indian Market its Palio, VRS, Accord, Nissan Teana....
Ferrari 599 GTO, Pontiac Fire Bird old muscle.

wrong thread buddy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks