Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2020, 23:28   #16

Re: How are you spending time in the lockdown?

As a JEE aspirant, I am spending most of my time studying for it, plus preparing for my last board exam, which has been postponed indefinitely. In the remaining time, I either game, work-out (at home) or just sleep .
ST172 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 01:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Weekdays are hectic, even more so than when I'm working from office.

But the weekend is here and look what I found and dusted off

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-img_20200327_132900.jpg
Chetan_Rao is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 02:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna_ksh View Post
Going really good!! Have been detailing my cars as thats the best thing I can do as of now.
I applied a layer of 3M One Step Rubbing Compound for polish and post that applied Soft99 Hard Wax for the finish!!
Uploaded the pictures below. Wasn't able to upload the video.
Wait, what, you have two RSs?!
v1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna_ksh View Post
Going really good!! Have been detailing my cars as thats the best thing I can do as of now.
Those vRS look great. Kudos and hope you update us on the detailing of the vehicles.

Unsolicited advise - This is a public forum and it would be great if you could re-edit those pics and mask the license number plate.
There have been cases of dubious folk taking photos from this forum and deceiving unsuspecting noobs who may not know of this forum.

Mods - Kindly mask the number plate of those two cars.
Ithaca is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 10:32   #20
BANNED

I am the odd one out here, owing to the kind of business I am involved in, my partner has got the passes for us to still travel inter city and get the stuff done. We aren't doctor, nor are we cops; but yes, we have to assure that when a hospital needs it - the power supply should be available immediately. I haven't been working since over a year, but in this time of need - I have also decided to venture out and assure that the institution is prepared for anything; at least from our end. Roads are really deserted with only a few vehicles and you literally travel at an average speed of 80-100 kph between cities these days, without touching break neck numbers.
VKumar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 12:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I am the odd one out here, owing to the kind of business I am involved in, my partner has got the passes for us to still travel inter city and get the stuff done. We aren't doctor, nor are we cops; but yes, we have to assure that when a hospital needs it - the power supply should be available immediately. I haven't been working since over a year, but in this time of need - I have also decided to venture out and assure that the institution is prepared for anything; at least from our end. Roads are really deserted with only a few vehicles and you literally travel at an average speed of 80-100 kph between cities these days, without touching break neck numbers.
Thank you for your service during this tough times. Be safe ! If possible, try to keep some items like fruits, ready to eat , water pouches, bottles etc. in your car. You might see some poor, homeless while you are driving so you might be able to help them. Thanks again and l will be happy to contribute via Paytm , feel free to PM me your number. If you decide to do this, then please be safe and keep a distance , give them hints and then place the packets nearby and start driving.
hondafanboy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 12:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Those vRS look great. Kudos and hope you update us on the detailing of the vehicles.

Unsolicited advise - This is a public forum and it would be great if you could re-edit those pics and mask the license number plate.
There have been cases of dubious folk taking photos from this forum and deceiving unsuspecting noobs who may not know of this forum.

Did not understand the problem with the pictures that have unmasked plates. Could you elaborate?
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 13:49   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post

Hey Thank you so much!!
I shall do it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Wait, what, you have two RSs?!
Actually the black one is mine and the yellow one belongs to my brother in law who’s at my place currently for 21 days

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th March 2020 at 16:29.
krsna_ksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 15:52   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Thank you for your service during this tough times.
Thanks for the kind words sirji. I see a lot of people sharing my work profile on the roads these days, driving their cars/SUVs at breakneck speeds just to ensure that they reach the places on time. Everyone has to ensure that the infra is well up and running when the need arises and the govt officials are really showing extreme level of support these days, in spite of the fact that they are themselves running a race against time.

Although things look well under control, but the pro activeness with which the Govt. is working is really appreciable. A lot of things are happening under the hood I would say and that's very assuring IMO. The people like electrical contractors etc are proactively contacted by officials for ensuring that the projects like hospitals etc which are near completion are accelerated.

When it comes to safety, our work doesn't involve any contact with hospital staff etc. Additionally the arrangements by govt are up to the mark IMO for assuring everyone's safety. Food, water etc we carry with us all the time, nothing is available outside, but the cops are going out of the way in helping you in the time of need. They just need to be assured that you are not fooling around, but are actually in for providing some genuine service. Then you discover how hard working these guys are and how efficient their network is when it comes to arranging people and things.

Coming to poor and homeless, well, if someone is not willing to understand that Govt. will take care of them I would prefer to silently watch then. I have chosen to focus on my work and not stop every kilometer to take care of the people who have chosen to not listen to the administration. I have seen cops giving their own lunch box to people, giving off the last liter of water they have, to someone who is tired walking out of his/her foolishness. Last night itself, I know the guys who have spent more than 36 hours, erecting the power supply to a place where Govt. is arranging the stay and provisions for these people. But they still choose to walk 500 kms - then sorry, I don't have such a big heart.

Example: Recently a guy known to me drove all the way from Noida to Bhilwara (Yes, people are scared to even enter that city now), just to install extra DG sets for one hospital he worked for; and erect the supply from grid for 2 upcoming healthcare centers. He could have chosen to simply put the offer down - but he decided to take the ownership. What people need to understand is that, even if you eat one chapati less once a day for 21 days, that won't kill you, but if people don't change their habits, they are definitely inviting a huge huge trouble.

What one should actually appreciate is the kind of effort our health service providers, administrators and security service providers are putting in. One can see the cops hitting people, mob videos etc. But trust me guys, these officials are not getting even time to properly breathe; and just imagine the situation where you are already short of manpower (Talking about our police department), and the public, which heavily outnumbers your people; denies to follow orders or is taking the situation for granted. I have been to a few places on foreign land, but when I look at the way our administration is done with such a scarcity of manpower and resources; I end up appreciating these people - they are risking a lot, and we, as the public; should extend our support.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th March 2020 at 01:36. Reason: Using commas to replace fullstops and write unending sentences make it difficult for others to read the post. Post edited.
VKumar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 17:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

For those interested in Simulator games, I happened to play Car Mechanic simulator on android. The game seemed interesting enough to keep us busy for a few hours.

But the trump card is the PC version whose trailers and walkthroughs are way too enticing. The full version is around 12GB though.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 18:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Huge backlog of Ps4 games, web series and movies to watch are helping. Morning and evening runs to maintain some fitness till gyms open back. Rest of the time is spent in playing, caring for my 3 month old son. First time in a week took my car out for grocery shopping. Was expecting less crowd but there were a good number of people on roads and in vegetable market. There were police check posts but policemen weren't stopping anyone. In our city its 11am-5 pm when all grocery and vegetable places are open. After that only chemists. All in all it's tough to stay at home all the time and I really hope lockdown isn't increased from 21 days.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 19:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I have chosen to focus on my work support.
Agree with you and you are right about everything you said in your post.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 23:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Spending time with family is something I used to do before too.

Our pathological lab is open and we are dealing with patients. So right now, I am not thoroughly jobless. My own personal business is shut due to lockdown.
So spending most of the time in our lab.

Yes, getting much more free time than before, but situation is quite tensed. So in no mood to relax. Doing some household jobs like cleaning the fan, AC, kitchen Chimney etc etc to keep myself engaged in the free time. Have not clicked any pics, so cant share. :(

Mom and wife are not allowing me to cook, as I will end up using more ingredients and make the food more spicy! Both of them are in a food saving mode during this lock-down period.

Rather than these-

Eat
Sleep
Praise the wife
Repeat!
Samba is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 00:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Did not understand the problem with the pictures that have unmasked plates. Could you elaborate?
Sir, this is an open forum, Members and non members can browse the pages and read the posts. Only members can make comments on posts and non members are on read only mode.

When you post photos of your vehicles without your license plate masked, you will sometimes find that vehicle in some dealer's website as a vehicle for sale. This has been happening in the past and hence I believe moderators have asked members to always protect their privacy by masking the number.

With the Vaahan website open to all, a simple search will inform you the name and other details of the vehicle and if you are a shady person, you will set up a dummy vehicle on a website with actual information of the vehicle and dupe unsuspecting buyers who will take all your information as truth since the Vaahan website backs up your claim.
Ithaca is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 07:05   #30
PVS
BHPian

These are trying times for sure, and its in our control to keep positive thoughts flowing in and keep negativity out. I am concentrating on online studies, brushing up my knowledge on various topics related to the field that I am working in. I try to keep up the 10,000 steps per day count, by walking around in the locality, putting on my face mask, and following strict social distancing norms.

With maids no longer being allowed inside, I and the kids have taken over the task of sweeping and mopping the floors, and I have taken up cleaning the utensils as well. Plan to start cooking soon.

Kids have their online classes, so they are busy for a few hours in the day. For the rest, we either play board games like carrom or monopoly or card games. We have given the kids a slight relaxation in their screen time, so they get a slight leeway in watching their favourite programs or shows online.

Last edited by PVS : 29th March 2020 at 07:06. Reason: reduced the spacing between paragaraphs
PVS is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed