Team-BHP - The Online Shopping Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Online Shopping Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/22122-online-shopping-thread-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 2570807)
Any mate is having experience with
iBerry

Thanks

I do. It has been discussed in brief on this forum (link). Have a read, see if it helps. Write back if you need more.

Flipkart.com buys letsbuy.com. 2 of the better ones in India are coming together.
Source: Flipkart to finalise LetsBuy.com buyout deal - Tech News - IBNLive

This is still a developing market in its infancy. So a lot of M & A activity is only to be expected.

The real fillip will only come once GST is enforced, getting rid of various annoyances like Octroi (MH and ...), Permit forms UP, WB ...) and the like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2413429)
Tried FLIPKART.COM, I am impressed.

Ordered a rare audio CD from their site (29-June 3.50 PM). Received the item today (12.30 PM). Neatly packaged and they send few SMSes during each stage of order process.

Few past experiences:
rediff.com - good
landmarkonthenet - excellent
indiatimes.com - worst (tried twise - first in 2006 and second in 2010)

I am impresseed with landmarkonthenet, excellent customer service

letsbuy and flipkart - mixed bag - had my share of good and bad experience with them.

Just ordered a car charger (Sony Ericsson OE) from letsbuy.com, lets see how it goes. Have opted for cash on delivery, so that just in case if something goes wrong, i dont lose any money.

Yes. Recently, I bought Samsung 40" LED TV from flipkart for Rs 55,040, the lowest price as compared to the dealers in Bangalore. The details are here. Earlier, I bought Belkin AC Anywhere car charger from Letsbuy. I am fully satisfied with flipkart and Letsbuy.com.:)

Anyone here have experience with Computer Book Shop?

www.cb-india.com/

I am looking for some SAP book and it is available with them

Committed the crime to buying from bata.in.
Its been 12 days and multiple calls to customer service with the answer - aa jayega sir, thoda wait karo :) (it will come sir, wait a little more)

Bata na, the shoes will walk to your doorstep so the time involved will be naturally longer :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet (Post 2677819)
Committed the crime to buying from bata.in.
Its been 12 days and multiple calls to customer service with the answer - aa jayega sir, thoda wait karo :) (it will come sir, wait a little more)

Did a lot of online shopping at UK and 100% satisfied with CQT (Cost Quality & Time) But in India, atleast for me it depends on the luck.

1) Ordered car cover for my NHC from vicky.in, after payment I got a mail stating the raw material cost increased and I have to pay additional amount to get the product delivered. Paid the excess amount and got the product delivered in a week (within same city)

2) Ordered a Valentine gift from Rediff Shopping for the item to be delivered on 14th Feb. To my surprise I got a call from my fiancee that she got my gift yesterday (10th Feb):Frustrati When I gave negative feedback for the subject item, I got a mail from Rediff that the item I have chosen is not a Valentine product. I checked again and the product is still under valentine gifts category. I never wrote them back (it is of no use)

3) Ordered Universal Mobile Holder for car through Rediff again. Got a damaged piece. But the packing seems good without any sign of damage. When I contacted the seller, they insisted to ship them back for replacement for which I have to pay for shipping (which is not worth for that particular product)

Has any one tried buying stuff online from sites based out of India like the ebay.com. Amazon.com etc.

I do see there are many good offers and there are many people ready to ship to India. But I am scared to try the option.
Any kind of experience would surely help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2677187)
Anyone here have experience with Computer Book Shop?

www.cb-india.com/

I am looking for some SAP book and it is available with them

Bought a book from them and highly impressed. They offered 15% additional discount.

This thread was posted back in 2007. Times have changed now. Nowadays buying online is quite a norm. Even my mom dad buys things online without much fuss.

The cheapest stuff ordered
My dad needed a box of blackboard chalks few months ago. He simply googled it and bought it online (simply from the chalk company, and not via Flipkart or ebay thingy). Only 150 bucks spent for MRP of chalks. No transport charges. Quite a convenience!

The most expensive stuff ordered
A Dell laptop from the Dell itself (it was the only way to purchase a Dell during those days). Back in 2008, costed me around 42k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2675554)
I am impresseed with landmarkonthenet, excellent customer service

letsbuy and flipkart - mixed bag - had my share of good and bad experience with them.

I am hearing about Landmarkonthenet.com for the first time. I checked the prices and seems to be competitive. Is the site really reliable?

Yes from Amazon as well as Woofersetc, Sonicelectronix and shipped through shopabroadonline.com as well as through Global easy buy on ebay.in. Have also bought from Go Pro, Barnes & Noble, Cameta camera etc. amongst others and shipped using FEDEX or UPS. Just do not use USPS for any thing above $100 value you will invariably land up in trouble with the guys at the foreign mail & parcel post office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2683275)
Has any one tried buying stuff online from sites based out of India like the ebay.com. Amazon.com etc.

I do see there are many good offers and there are many people ready to ship to India. But I am scared to try the option.
Any kind of experience would surely help