Team-BHP - The Online Shopping Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Online Shopping Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/22122-online-shopping-thread-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 2792592)
Thanks, but other stores are retailing the same around 50% more, and are low on stock being an old model. I don't mind it being an market dud, but the offer gives me a negative gut feeling about the originality of the product.

:confused:

If you want peace of mind after paying in advance, avoid Indiatimes.com as the customer care is totally irresponsible and you will not get your item in time and you won't get any proper answer from them. I had enough of these players they are just playing with others money as a interest free loan. You will get better pricing and customer service from Ebay or Flipcart.com where Flipcart will be always in the higher side when compared to Ebay. Letsbuy was the best option for killer prices but they are absorbed by Flipcart by now so can't expect the mouth watering offers anymore.

Try Ebay.com, its worth to try and if you find some anomaly about the item, file a complaint and you can send back to the seller. Ebay will refund the full amount you have paid along with courier charges for sending it back.

When I got into online shopping, used to buy from almost any shop but off late I stick to only the renowed ones & have left shopping from just about any shop. Online shopping in India is still in nascent stage & consumers rights are not protected. There are a few good stores like Flipkart. Have shopped from Ebay a lot but won't recommend it readily because there have been quality, authenticity, poor CC issues, etc.

Online shopping needs to be brought underclose lens w.r.t. consumer rights & policies like "Return if not satisfied" need to be implemented. I know products can be returned if there's some defect/shortcoming but Returns should be made applicable if not "satisfied/liked".

Thanks all.

I had been an online shopper from the time flipkart.com has come into action. I had been the doubting thomas about ebay.com since they tend to sell non-authentic items, Chinese items along with original items. So I tend to buy low cost items from ebay.

Regarding the above purchase, I think I'll hold my horses.

Hi everybody
My experience with Flipkart has been very good.I got a few shipments of different books cheaper and delivery before the promised date.Cash on delivery proves that they are sure about their dealings.
My experience with their call center has been good.Called them to reconfirm if the Eicher road atlas which I had ordered was the 2011 edition.It was 2 o'clock in the night and my query was answered in less than a minute.Email confirmation within couple of minutes.
On an aside the shopkeepers should be more worried about the mail order entities rather than worry about the big stores.
Regrds

In my personal experience, Flipkart is excellent! Ordered books reach in max 24 hours flat. Comparable to Amazon in efficiency.

Yes I too a flipkart fan, for almost a year I have atleast ordered every month, but being of experienced little cheaper price I will miss letsbuy kinda pricing and service for sure.
In morning ordered 2 cruzer fit from flipkart and tracking number was present by evening, this is what I like the most, you don't need to even call them in 99.99% of orders.

Once my packet was lost but courier guy said delivered, I called up and was sent another copy without second question,
Flipkart must have taken some action against that Courier company , courier company branch manager called me a fews later saying, the guy threw or missed the packets, I said I cannot comment as I don't want to interfere between flipkart and your company, My packet was not delivered and was fraudulently marked delivered.

All I remember he stated that high official are following this every other hour and he feels like taking the guy to police now. I said let me know if you need my signature on delivery slip to be proved fake. Never heard back from him.

Ebay India is good for cheaper stuff, but if I need to order a stuff which is above 3-4K I would avoid ebay first, I admit ebay protects your purchases, but when compared to flipkart, they handle it very swiftly so its something i just love.

Per my experience Id recommend Homeshop18, Flipkart and Jabong. All three etailers have their products delivered to me within 24 hours which is absolutely amazing. And service has been hassle free. Good customer support in all 3 and cash on delivery available in all. The best thing about Jabong is you get all the latest products launched in a particular brand. And if you dont have stock of the product you liked they restock on request. All of them.
Ebay is good most of my electronic items, my wacoms, speakers, computer peripherals, external hdds have all been purchased from ebay. You just need to purchase from a well rated seller. He maybe in any part of the country but if his ratings are good, you can purchase easily without worry.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by manim
Any good websites to buy Sunglasses online?

Is this reliable: Fastrack Official Online Store, Watches, Sunglasses, and Leather Accessories

20north.com once they re start. They have been under renovation for a while now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2794102)
20north.com once they re start

Issue looks like something different from simple renovation. Their shutters have been down for a long time now.

Flipkart slows down

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 2794126)

That's because although the Flipkart service is top quality their pricing is not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan

20north.com once they re start. They have been under renovation for a while now.

Lenskart.com is also a good alternative. Recently got two shades from them. Excellent customer service too even at 1am in the night(thats when i get my spending urges).

Regards

Guys, never buy anything from snapdeal.com. Their return policy is horrible (48 hours) and their customer service is quite the worst amongst all of them out there.
Thinking of taking them to consumer court.
When I simply asked them the status of my complaint on twitter , they simply blocked me from their page.
They might be okay for coupons and stuff, but never ever buy products from them.

Electronics:
I bought an E Gift Card from letsbuy.com for my Bro in law last Diwali. This was before letsbuy was swallowed up by flipkart a la pac-man.
He in turn used the e gift card, paid a differential by COD and got himself a large and expensive product. The service experience was good.

I changed my microwave oven a couple of months ago using flipkart.com - the service was good in terms of ease of use and stuff but the product took more than 10 days to get to me. I could have bought the product off the shelf at pretty much anywhere at roughly the same price.

Books:
However, I have been using flipkart since their inception for books. Am happy overall.

DVD's and General Merchandise:
I love sendit.com for books and DVD's on account of their efficiency and cost effectiveness, given the kinds of old collectors classic movies and serials that I buy. I also like Amazon.com very much for the variety, range, prices and overall efficiency.

20north.com was a very good thing while it was around. Now they have been under renovation for months and months and I dont know if they are going to come back to life again at all!

Junglee I havent tried and I dont like this e-marketplace thingy. I prefer things brand new and company packed. I have used ebay.com when it used to be baazee.com and I ve also used it after it became ebay.com - no problems there really. But I no longer find things to interest me on ebay and hence dont go there any more.

Golf stuff:
There are a couple of good golf sites - golfbidder.co.uk, usedping.co.uk and second-hand-golf-clubs.co.uk etc which I ve used, but they dont deliver to India and that is a problem - can only buy from those if I m heading UK wards or if someone is coming down and doesnt mind bringing something along for me.

Car Accessories:
Have used superskoda.com - overall they are a good setup for some stuff but a few of their products are not upto the mark. Notable amongst the not so good, flimsy stuff are those little fiddly faux chrome interior trims etc.

The above is only my personal opinion and is based on my personal, recent, real life experiences at the time of posting.

Store: fommy dot co dot in

Recently bought a car charger from them. Overall a nice experience.

Prices are also generally quite competive. I would recommend them. They have COD option for people residing in NCR.

Can say its comparable to Flipkart! The product is genuine and came nicely packaged in a tyvek kind of cover (similar to Flipkart's packaging). With the coupon SHIPFREE I was not charged anything for shipment fee. They ship via Pafex. Heres a picture of the packaging: