Team-BHP - The Online Shopping Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Online Shopping Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/22122-online-shopping-thread-15.html)

Has anyone shopped on zapstore.com? I need review for this store

Repeated negative experience with Rediff shopping.
Ordered few things and got approved, after 2 weeks got a mail stating that there is some delay at vendor end for delivery and the product will be shipped in 3~4 working days. Again after a week got a mail that my order is reversed.

Customer care is useless, the only answer I get is "Sir, please place the order again" no answer for the reversed order. People are enjoying customer's money for a short term (interest free)

Yes I would buy online, but only if the deal is good.
Most of the time things on sale online are more expensive than buying it from a shop.
But rarely there are these one of kind deals, things which you can't get in your neighborhood, you don't have the time to go till a shop... online is a boon in such situation.
You can shop anything around the world without a problem.

I use amazon, ebay, flipkart (n lestbuy). all kinds of tickets, hotel bookings.

Can anyone suggest the best online place to buy secondhand goods?

Yes, I would buy online as long as the product is genuine and the portal offers some good discounts or freebies. For instance, I bought a Samsung mobile phone through flipcart and I got a 4 GB memory card free, so yes, if it benefits me, I definitely buy online. While I am in the process of looking out for options, online shopping also is one of them. As far as I know flipcart is reliable and sells genuine products. Homeshop18 to some extent is good, but shouldnt be a baseline to buy all products (some are very costly and below standards), so one should be judicious enough to chose the product and the deal.

IMO, the safest mode of payment while shopping online is Cash-on-Delivery, though this option will be available for select products most of the time.

Any good websites to buy Sunglasses online?

Is this reliable: Fastrack Official Online Store, Watches, Sunglasses, and Leather Accessories

The car charger which Flipkart gave free along with Defy+ mobile was faulty. I sent a mail to them citing the same and they send a new piece to me. I am very impressed with the customer service of Flipkart.

So I ordered something today morning from ncarry.com , but then started reading up on their reviews, and found that they were quite horrible. Atleast, the internet reviews seems to suggest so.
So not wanting to take any chances, wanted to cancel my order and tried calling up their toll free number 1800 103 3155 , but only get some burbling sounds in response. I had paid with a virtual credit card (HDFC) in full. They have only a 2 hour window for cancellation, and I think I crossed it while attempting to get through. Sent them an email, lets see if I get a response.
Anybody has any experience with ncarry.com ?

A bit of an update on my situation. After ten thousand tries, I got through to their call center, and told the lady to cancel my order since the feedback I have received is not good. She confirmed twice, and then said refund will take 3-4 days. I said okay, and hung up.
Checked on the order status on their website and it is still showing "Awaiting Dispatch". It will continue to do so till eternity, as per those who have placed an order but havent been able to cancel them. Shot off a mail to them, since once again I am unable to get through to their call center.
Flipkart is really the best out there.

I always buy from Flipkart because of their impeccable delivery service, and also for the Card On Delivery option. But this time, I ordered a 500 GB WD Passport USD hard drive from another site called buytheprice.com because the price was 250 INR less compared to Flipkart. The site looks neat and all, but their service sucks big time. I received no email confirming the order, and several calls to their customer service went unanswered! :Frustrati

Anyways, I somehow finally received the product in 5 days; but learnt a lesson to never ever buy from them again. Gave them a piece of mind on their facebook page; wasn't surprised to see several others who had faced similar issues.

Finally Letsbuy is now Flipkart.
They have published this Notice today.

I would miss the cheap pricing letsbuy used to offer and I am sure flipkart would certainly charge little extra for same items.

The Online Shopping Thread-letsbuy.jpg

Time to hunt another store which offers reasonable services at reasonable pricing...

There is a huge offer for HTC HD Mini on shopping.indiatimes.com. Is shopping.indiatimes.com trust-able? Especially those under offer, and that too a mobile, with 57% off. The offer is quite tempting, but guys, I need your advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 2792442)
There is a huge offer for HTC HD Mini on shopping.indiatimes.com. Is shopping.indiatimes.com trust-able? Especially those under offer, and that too a mobile, with 57% off. The offer is quite tempting, but guys, I need your advice.

Indiatimes is a Giant Group, they should be reliable, but don't fall for that 57% off, as it may be shown over priced then showing this huge discount.
check other stores before deciding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghpk (Post 2792570)
Indiatimes is a Giant Group, they should be reliable, but don't fall for that 57% off, as it may be shown over priced then showing this huge discount.
check other stores before deciding.

Thanks, but other stores are retailing the same around 50% more, and are low on stock being an old model. I don't mind it being an market dud, but the offer gives me a negative gut feeling about the originality of the product.

:confused:

Avoid Indiatimes shopping. There are many complaints against them.

I just now bought a game worth well above 2500 for Rs. 600 from Flipkart... (thanks to a BHPian for pointing out the deal).

Really really impressed with their service. They have me a code to track where my parcel is. It came in 2 days flat, as promised. The packaging was good too.