Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 18:46   #6541
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Most probably stuck in customs due to the clampdown from the last few months.

What is the reason for the clampdown? Is it some particular item/group of items they are looking for or are they go through all foreign parcels? Is high value stuff getting stuck or everything?
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:22   #6542
Senior - BHPian

Need suggestions from Bhpian's :

I had bought Zee5 Yearly Subscription Gift Card from Amazon a month ago. Amazon sent it on my email. When I tried to redeem it immediately after receiving the mail on Zee5 website I got error that the gift card is invalid.

Now, I contacted Zee5 and Amazon, as usual Zee5 did'nt care to respond and Amazon replied that they would need atleast 20-25 days for solution.

Yesterday, I got mail from Amazon saying that they have gotten response from their back end (who responded after consulting with Zee5) team that the gift card purchased has already been redeemed and they cannot share the details who redeemed it due to security concerns.

I had never shared gift card details with anyone nor have been able to redeem the gift voucher till date. Moreover, when I checked the reviews of people on the Zee5 gift card page on amazon, it is full of such issues. It is very pathetic that amazon being a reputed consumer friendly store still trusts the seller with blind faith but not the consumer when it comes to problem resolution.

If anybody has any suggestions on how should I proceed further please tell me. Thanks.

Last edited by mercedised : 2nd March 2020 at 11:25.
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:17   #6543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
If anybody has any suggestions on how should I proceed further please tell me. Thanks.
If you bought it on your credit card then dispute the payment immediately. I have never messed with Amazon, but have won back my money multiple times from other fraudulent merchants.
Old 7th March 2020, 19:48   #6544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What does it mean by shipment is under Adjudication?

I had ordered an item worth 150 GBP from eBay. The idiot seller marked it as a gift of value $30 and obviously it was flagged by the customs. Now DHL says the matter is under Adjudication process and could take over a month for clearance along with the additional penalty. Does anyone have prior experience with a similar situation?
So the customs officer has ordered to pay an adjudication fee of Rs.8000 and a fine of Rs.5000. On top of it, there is a customs duty of 14000 and some 2000 DHL fees. All this for the item which cost me about Rs.18000 including shipping
I raised a dispute with eBay who refunded me the entire order amount and it is up to me now to decide whether to pay the fine and get it cleared or let go of the item.

I also have another option to dispute the Adjudication judgment and try to get a waiver on the fine amount, but I feel it will be a long and tedious process and not worth the effort.
Old 8th March 2020, 10:49   #6545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Need suggestions from Bhpian's :
Yesterday, I got mail from Amazon saying that they have gotten response from their back end (who responded after consulting with Zee5) team that the gift card purchased has already been redeemed and they cannot share the details who redeemed it due to security concerns.
If you have the energy to pursue, I would suggest you file a case of cheating with the cyber crime police in your area.
File an FIR, and share the same with amazon. I'm sure they would provide a more sympathetic ear towards resolution.
Old 26th March 2020, 23:27   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I raised a dispute with eBay who refunded me the entire order amount and it is up to me now to decide whether to pay the fine and get it cleared or let go of the item.

Decide quickly. As, apart from the customs fee, you may get charged customs warehouse charges which are levied on the total value of the item presented to customs. 1.5 times the customs value was charged by customs for holding some scooter accessories(300GBP) for 6 months. The seller shipped the items w/o my name, using the first line of address in the name field on the shipping label. hence the packages got stuck with customs. It took 6 months to solve this problem where I had to work with the shipper and original carrier to get declaration of the error.

Last edited by gendarmee : 26th March 2020 at 23:34.
gendarmee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 18:13   #6547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Decide quickly. As, apart from the customs fee, you may get charged customs warehouse charges which are levied on the total value of the item presented to customs.
Thanks. I already bit the bullet and got the item. Since I got a refund from eBay, the total cost was coming up to what I was planning to pay.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 18:01   #6548
BANNED

Has anyone ordered from Jio Mart ?
I ordered a bunch of home needs from Jio Mart several days ago because Big Basket and Grofers did not have any slots available for a lengthy period of time.
Jio Mart accepted the order, took my money cheerfully and confirmed my order. All was hunky dory up until this point.
I have not heard from them since; the order status did not show up on the website for a week. Yesterday, I needed to know whether Jio Mart would supply or I should head into my Covid risky neighborhood for supplies; guess what ? Jio Mart says items delivered.
After further attempts I saw that it said refund being issued within 15 working days.
If they wanted microfinance, they should have made an appeal to the public, not create a shopping website and hold my money for several weeks !
I am unduly perturbed over the few thousands but appalled at the lack of professionalism even in this megacorp.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 18:37   #6549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I am in Delhi and have placed three orders on Jiomart till date. The first one took 3 days and the others were delivered within 2 days.

All three were prepaid orders; all had items that were not delivered; and the equivalent refund was processed within 3 days of delivery.

But their order tracking is only on paper - it does not get updated in real time. I remember one of the orders showing "in process/ not delivered" even a day after the refund was credited to me.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 09:35   #6550
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I ordered a bunch of home needs from Jio Mart several days ago because Big Basket and Grofers did not have any slots available for a lengthy period of time.
Jio Mart accepted the order, took my money cheerfully and confirmed my order. All was hunky dory up until this point.
I have not heard from them since; the order status did not show up on the website for a week. Yesterday, I needed to know whether Jio Mart would supply or I should head into my Covid risky neighborhood for supplies; guess what ? Jio Mart says items delivered.
After further attempts I saw that it said refund being issued within 15 working days..
I tried their customer care number...it shows up as Reliance Retail. Called several times before I could get one call through. The robot voice said that I should punch in the registered mobile number even though that was the one I was calling from. This went into a loop with the same message. I tried calling from other numbers with the same negative result.
I sent them a mail to the email on their ' Contact Us' .
cd @ jiomart.com and it is returned as a failure.
And I mailed them from the same registered email that they confirmed the order on.
I looked for a Jio Mart fb page but they are all fake pages.

What should I try next?
Old 9th June 2020, 15:37   #6551
BHPian

Jiomart

I have ordered on Jiomart twice, and this is my experience till now. This is in Whitefield, Bangalore.

First time I ordered only one item (Good life Almonds) to try out their service. No issues with this order.

Second time I ordered 7-8 more items. 3 items were not delivered but refund process took 8 days. (I was just about to write to them when I checked in Paytm that refund is credited).

Pros: Reliance retail's private labels (Good life) items are available. Generally, these are around 20% cheaper, and I have been buying these from their retail shops for a long time now. So that's good.

Cons: Plenty . Primitive website, no App, taking orders without stocks and then doing refunds, No SMS confirmation pre or post delivery, delivery guys don't even have proper address mapped on their phone (i had to send location on Whatsapp), delayed refunds.

Summing up, you will be tense till the items are delivered and also till the refund is processed. Service is still in Beta as their website proclaims. Keep away till they get their act right.

ps - Jiomart website contacts facebook.com during their processing. Wonder why...

The Online Shopping Thread-jiomart_1_fb.jpg

Last edited by DigitalOne : 9th June 2020 at 15:41.
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 12:50   #6552
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone ordered from AliExpress in the last few weeks / months?

What's the situation, given all the Coronavirus happenings?
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:27   #6553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Has anyone ordered from AliExpress in the last few weeks / months?

What's the situation, given all the Coronavirus happenings?
Some of the latest experiences including mine are updated in the following thread Buying from AliExpress

Most of the sellers, shipping out of China have either stopped taking orders or are levying unreasonably high shipping charges. So, better to check with the seller before placing any new orders until the lockdown norms are relaxed.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 22:14   #6554
Senior - BHPian

My tracking shows this.

The Online Shopping Thread-aliexpress.png

No idea when it will reach here.
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 23:51   #6555
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Has anyone heard of a marketplace web commerce engine called TIMES ZONE.IN?
Take a look. It is a “Secuire” website atleast it has that LOCK Icon.
The products featured are predominantly Apple iPhones and Apple Watches and they say these are refurbished.
The prices seem almost too good to be true.
I would appreciate feedback on this site if anyone has ever used it please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks