Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 11:11   #106
BHPian

Re: Where are you getting your groceries & supplies?

I order from gourmet garden, they have a great choice of hydroponic and organic vegetables. The veggies especially the greens are so fresh and clean that you don't need to spend hours cleaning (Palak, Methi etc.). They typically deliver the next day once you order. I believe they service Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and even Mumbai.
basoli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:40   #107
BHPian

For grains, cereals, pulses and spices, we go to Pune Market Yard as the quality, the pricing is exceptional. We prefer taking our grains and then grinding them at a nearby mill. It is hectic for the ladies of the house, but the difference in quality and taste is noticeable. Hence, the gents of the house (including me) help in other ways to reduce their workload.

For vegetables & fruits, we have shifted partially to BigBasket Now and Swiggy Instamart. The exotic veggies are of good quality and pricing compared to our neighbourhood shops.
I tried ordering vegetables and fruits from Amazon Fresh but the quality in my area in Pune was beyond pathetic. I wouldn't recommend it even if they are offering huge discounts.

JioMart & BigBasket is good for detergents, cooking oil or ghee as you can double dip using credit card offers.
turbospooler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:54   #108
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad:

Ratnadeep, A super market chain: Most Groceries, Vegetables and Fruits.

Weekend market outside my apartment complex: Fruits, Vegetables, Fresh Greens and Fish.

https://www.freshtohome.com/ : Mutton, chicken and sometimes for fish.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 12:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

I guess voting option would help to consolidate the suggestions.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:17   #110
BHPian

In Bangalore, for daily requirements, we use FTH Daily. We can use the app to order fruits, vegetables, groceries etc along with milk. The delivery is at 6 am daily at the gate of our Villa community which consists of only 9 villas. Our security brings it to our home at our convenience.

For monthly groceries, it is always big basket. We also have a grocery store by name Loyal on ECC road near ITPL and they deliver stuff when we place order by Whatsup.

I use Flipkart and Amazon grocery also occasionally with open basket delivery like big basket but some how never relied on them on a regular basis.
Mystic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:46   #111
BHPian

Mostly from the local vendor in our locality, fresh and varieties of vegetables are available most of the time. As he keeps just a few varieties of fruits, we order fruits not available with him online on Swiggy Instamart, Blinkit as they provide fast delivery within 15-30 minutes.

Earlier, we used to order regularly on Big Basket but now it does not provide the service and quality as before.
Toni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:57   #112
BHPian

In Bangalore - for fish Freshtohome/Licious, for grocery Big Basket/Swiggy Instamart, for milk and other dairy products Akshayakalpa, for veggies Healthy Buddha.

Last edited by kiranknair : 12th January 2024 at 15:00. Reason: minor correction
kiranknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 15:08   #113
BHPian

In Jammu, street hawkers visit my street at least 3 times a day.
So my mother prefers to buy veggies and fruits as per the requirement. Selected veggies and at super bargained price

But here in Pune, we prefer Kissan serv. They have a store in my society premises and deliver veggies free of cost in 30 minutes.

For Grocery, We prefer Big Basket. More than 80 % of the grocery is ordered in first week of every month. They generally have credit card discounts running during first 7 days of the month. I tried Dmart delivery too but they don't have slot based delivery system.
Rajat347 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 21:44   #114
BHPian

Hyderabad

Pure O Natural - We have been getting all our vegetables from here for several years now and I have found their stock to be top grade. They also stock a wide variety of fruits (local and imported), chilled items like curd, paneer, ready-to-drink milk products as well as dry fruits and nuts.

Mastaan - Meat and Fish. They also sell eggs. We have been using their service for several years now and have never once had reason to complain.

Bigbasket - Most household needs.

If we need something last minute, Swiggy Instamart is our saviour. We do have a vegetable truck service our community once every week and if I see something good there, it gets picked up.

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 12th January 2024 at 21:45. Reason: Corrected typo
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 21:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

Morning essentials: Milkbasket (Milk/Eggs/Bread) and occastional urgent veggies. Milkbasket provides some discount on free range eggs (FarmMade) as well, which you don't find in other e-commerce sites.

Routine grocery: Bigbasket -> Reliance Smart Bazaar/MORE Hypermart -> D-Mart (In decreasing order of quantity/priority)

Quick grocery (10 minute delivery): Blinkit -> Zepto -> Bigbasket Now (In decreasing order of priority)

Fresh veggies/fruits-> Nearby weekly vegetable markets (We have it 3 times a week within 1 km)

When I am in mood -> Society vegetable/grocery shop for carefully chosen supplies.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 00:03   #116
BHPian

I used to order from "Deep Rooted" when I was in Hyderabad. They keep exotic fruits and vegetables in stock as well. The prices are a bit higher but rarely I had any quality related issues, unlike BigBasket or Amazon Fresh where I had to dial the customer care number almost 50% of the times. Unfortunately, the app only provides services in Hyderabad, Bengaluru & Chennai(if I remember correctly). Yet to find a good app in Pune.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 01:03   #117

Gurgaon

Used to order from Sodhi's supermarket when I lived in Gurgaon. Their quality of fruits and veges were better than other supermarkets.

A friend of mine had suggested to order from them and I was satisfied with the quality.
Old 14th January 2024, 17:48   #118

Pune

I have been using BB Now (Big Basket) and Blinkit for urgent needs where need stuff in 15-20 mins. The item comes neatly packed but never ensures the quality of the vegetables.
I have tried Amazon Fresh once or twice, the packing is very nice compared to BB Now or Blinkit, but quality is same like others.

The other problem with me is I live alone and always need small quantities of fresh vegetables where as these apps offer in specific quantities like 250gm, 500gm, 1kg etc. which is always more than enough for me.

So now, I prefer going to nearby vegetable shop to buy the small quantity I need. Benefits, no more wastage due to over quantity or getting spoiled.
Old 15th January 2024, 08:13   #119
BHPian

Hi

After reading this article on metal contamination in vegetables, I've been looking for better source. One of the perils of urbanisation and lack of concern for society's health.

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...r-bane-2756356

Is there anyway one can understand the quality at source for the vegetable or fruits?

Currently I use - BB, Insanely Good, Swiggy instamart, FTH - But there is noway to understand the quality - more than the looks of the items.
Old 16th January 2024, 11:21   #120
BHPian

Coimbatore

Dairy Products: Country Delight, Fresh Milk

Groceries: Local Pazhamudir, Big Basket, Spar

Quick Delivery: Home delivery from the local Pazhamudir. We used to use Swiggy Instamart, which was discontinued here around 6 months ago.

Fresh fruits & vegetables: Local Pazhamudir, Big Basket. The quality of produce from BB is very unreliable though.

Meat: Delfrez, Freshtohome for chicken and fish. Local shops for beef/mutton. Used Licious earlier, but the rates now are atrocious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks