Gotomeeting 2 0.87%
Microsoft Teams 62 27.07%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 3.93%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2020, 01:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Your favourite video-conferencing software

Have been a WebEx user for a very longtime but only for screen sharing with no audio. Has always worked seamlessly.

Recently shifted to Google meets since I wanted a VC platform on mobile and has been a decent experience for both screen sharing and audio. However I do feel their Android app can be far better with better integration between Drive and Meet.

At work we use a professional solution called Polycom. Never understood the point of paying so much for that when the normal VC apps are as good.

Last edited by anandhsub : 2nd May 2020 at 01:37.
Old 2nd May 2020, 07:23   #32
BHPian

For Personal Video calling, I use WhatsApp/Google Duo..
For Work, I use Zoho Meeting. This is just a fabulous product without trouble.
Connectivity is awesome, No downloads etc, Secure and Made in India.
Old 2nd May 2020, 08:56   #33
BHPian

I used only few of the options : WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom and Webex.
Quality is good with Webex and Zoom.
Easiest to use is Whatsapp, but call hanging (reconnecting....) and dropout are expected.
Skype is somewhere in between, and this is what my employer uses.
I voted for Webex, but it just is ahead by whisker.
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:32   #34
BHPian

Teams is working great having tried webex, skype, whatsapp, zoom.
Old 2nd May 2020, 11:35   #35
BHPian

I have tried Teams, Google hangouts, Zoom, Gotomeeting & webex. Best experience has been with Zoom(keeping security concerns aside) & worst with webex. Webex meetings took ages to join at times. My desktop app doesn't seem to work & if i try to join via web then audio issues pop up.
Old 2nd May 2020, 18:47   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

For work, we can use only Webex - all other video conferencing solutions (including Teams, which lots of clients have moved to) are banned by our tech guys.

At a personal level, my son uses Teams for his school, which seems to work very well. Have done several Zoom calls with friends since the lockdown started. And my personal trainer users WhatsApp video calls to connect with my wife and me for our morning sessions.

Have to say that in terms of ease of use, Zoom is the best
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:26   #37
BHPian

Off late, skype is pretty good without much glitches. It used to be a pain to start a call with external company with skype, but now it looks to be okay.
I have been using Zoom but recent developments make the company to look into Teams.
Old 2nd May 2020, 22:59   #38
BHPian

Bluejeans. I work for them.

Anyway, among the list above, I feel, each one is designed for a different purpose.
WhatsApp, Skype, face time, were mostly done with one to one calls in mind
Teams, webex, jabber were built with enterprise meetings in mind
Zoom and Bluejeans bridged the gap, bringing enterprise communication bridge with external users. These are built for varied purposes, supporting 200 endpoints of various kinds, but they need a lot of hand holding if you want your relatives and friends to get together.

I would suggest whatsApp, for family and friend chat. The app is usually downloaded, and you can bring in participants with a phone call.

Try getting the elderly person into a zoom or bluejeans meeting, and you will left scratching your head, as to why they are not able to join, or turn on video, or not being heard

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th July 2020 at 02:10. Reason: Please use emoticons provided in forum text editor. 3rd party ones don't render consistently across platforms. Thanks.
Old 25th July 2020, 22:28   #39
BHPian

Teams actually got me to upgrade my laptop with an SSD. That's the kind of memory hog it is. But post that it has been OK.
However, for sheer ease of use, I'll have to go with Zoom.

Most of the accessories never get used. Ever! And Zoom got that right by keeping it simple.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:41   #40
BHPian

Have used WhatsApp, Google Hangouts, Zoom, MS Teams, Skype, Webex and Vidyo Cloud for different purposes. As rightly mentioned in earlier posts, all are meant for different purposes and are to be used accordingly.

In office, we have been using MS Teams extensively and it's working very well for sharing screen and finalising drafts. Tends to hang at times though while working on a document on screen share.

Have used Skype, Google Hangouts and Zoom for client meetings and find them to be good for the purpose with about 10-15 participants.

Zoom and Webex are also quite good for webinars with large number of participants.

For virtual court hearings in Supreme Court, various High Courts and Tribunals have used MS Teams, Webex and Vidyo Cloud. I found MS Teams and Webex to be decent for long hearings in court.

WhatsApp good for calls with family and friends.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 16:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

I've been using Microsoft Teams for discussions (/ family get-together) and games like bingo. I want to organise a quiz for my extended-family, wherein answering would be with live discussions & points can get tallied automatically.

Compiling answers on basis WhatsApp chats is a big task as the native family is very large. I thought of google forms, but I want something thats friendly to impromptu objective/descriptive questions. Microsoft forms opens in Chat or something & if that doesn't work out in last moment then it'd be a bummer, esp for the oldies

This could likely be only a monthly affair after this weekend before lock-down ends in B'luru, (although the oldies will 100% surely make us continue it), so is there any simple low-cost/free way to do this ?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 8th June 2021 at 16:47.
Old 8th June 2021, 16:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I want to organise a quiz for my extended-family, wherein answering would be with live discussions & points can get tallied automatically.
I have participated in professional quizzes in this platform : https://myquiz.org/

It may not suit your use case as you are looking for senior citizens to participate, but do give it a try.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 16:42   #43
BHPian

Others :

We use something not mentioned here at all, Jitsi and recently blue jeans.

We are not allowed to use zoom due to restrictions, Jitsi serves as well. Its open source and even allows us to run it over our own server.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 16:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

With regards to office work I have used MS Teams, Zoom, Webex, Skype, Google hangouts depending on the organization I have been with. Of these the best experience yet has been with MS Teams. It is an extremely versatile collaboration tool and also integrates the best with the organization's ERP applications, something which I have not seen with the others.

For personal calls it is 99% Watsapp and a little Google Duo depending on who it is at the other end.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 8th June 2021 at 16:52.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks