Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2020, 12:40   #1
BHPian

A miniature working Jeep built in Kerala for ₹25,000

Recently I stumbled across a video which says the the Nedumpally Jeep(Nedumpally is Mohanlal's Character in Malayalam movie Lucifer) was made for a 10 yr- old kid at a cost of Rs. 25,000. It's a fully functional Jeep with an openable top, forward and reverse gears, a working wiper, headlights, fog light, USB charging port and a small music system . This Jeep also has a spare tyre and a first aid kit. The Jeep uses 2 12v exide batteries and can be used for 3 hours in one charge.

The maker has built it himself and it looks exactly like a real Jeep.

The video of the Jeep's making and functions (the video is in Malayalam)

News source: https://www.onmanorama.com/business/...arunkumar.html
jithin23 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 08:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A miniature working Jeep built in Kerala for ₹25,000

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Shifting Gears Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 8th July 2020, 09:43   #3
BHPian

Re: A miniature working Jeep built in Kerala for ₹25,000

That's great. He did a marvellous job. Wish I could build one too. It's not a toy. The boy actually rides it.
Around 10K -20K is the price for miniature Mercs and Beemers and also Jags and Hummers. But, that might not last too long. This is hand made and can be diagnoses if any errors pop up. Kudos to the kid. Also, making a vehicle inspired from a movie, that too Mohanlal's, is quite a great thing. I wish I was smart too, at his age. That way I can upgrade myself from a non-drivable Hot wheels Supra owner to a miniature drivable Supra owner

Last edited by Govardhansupra : 8th July 2020 at 09:55. Reason: Adding that it's a miniature, the merc beemer part, and a emoji
Govardhansupra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks