Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2004, 12:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Altura is the best deal u can get right now in Indian market, my friend bought it (black) after editor of an auto mag (friend of ours) suggested it against scorpio, only neg point are the skinny tyres, but u get fully loaded good looking car..

1 yr back approx 7 lakh.. attractive finance deals and discounts from Maruti a bonus these days.. and u feel kinda good, knowing that there arnt too common either on the roads

and believe me the owner who used to fly everytime to his native 800kms from Bangalore has changed travel mode and taken some 7 trips back n forth in the last 1 year..
Old 1st September 2004, 13:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey fonsi

If u really are the kinds who loves to rip and drive, its the VTEC, eyes wide shut. Only as everyone mentioned, its the rear seat which is kinda low and the ride being a lil choppy which is the serious problem besides the need for better tyres.

I used to give the Altura the no-look until one day i thought of taking it down for a test drive. Lemme tell you, its as practical as an MUV. Head to a Maruti showroom, ask them if they have an Altura in their garage or even their service bay and just look at the tailgate section. There are so many compartments, nicks and nacks can be stored practically anywhere. I also love the rear seating in terms of height as well as legroom. The engine is torquey and very very smooth.

My only grouse with the Baleno is skinny tyres and a somewhat dated look to the dashboard and poor resale value. But IMO, u buy this car, u should use it till it falls apart. Thats the only way to ward off poor resale values.

Getting a Baleno in the 2nd hand market is a tough job so an Altura is near impossible. Even countrywide outlets here in Bombay don't have Balenos, so Alturas are out of the question. You have to be really lucky if u do get one.

Happy hunting.

Revvmaster
Old 1st September 2004, 17:36   #18
BHPian

Hey fonsi how much are u expecting for ur esteem and could u PM with all the details::

Old 1st September 2004, 18:27   #19
BHPian

hondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahonda hondahondahondahondahondahondahonda city..!

1.5 then the vtec then the 1.3
the vtec is dicey, ecu problems & bad average,all dealerships just thrown their hands in the air
the 1.5 is the best bet & the 1.3 performance difference is negligible and you save upto 30-40 grand compared to the 1.5

have fun!
Old 1st September 2004, 18:31   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the vtec is dicey, ecu problems & bad average,all dealerships just thrown their hands in the air
Post September 2002 Vtecs have the ECM problem sorted out. And the average is definitely better than the regular 1.5 if not the same.

GTO
Old 1st September 2004, 19:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

honda 1.3 no no no.. its a pain when ac on and 5 people sitting..
Old 1st September 2004, 21:17   #22
BHPian

hey team fiat my dad has kept the esteem for my bro..
if its for sale will let u know..
Old 1st September 2004, 21:27   #23
BHPian

after u guys told me abt the problems abt the vtec i think may go for a 1.5 city..
but the again u guys said somethin abt the 1.5 rear seat..coz sometimes 5 people will be sitting..
anywayz lets see.
wht is the lancer model tht comes with the sport kits form the co..does it come with the alloys also..
lancer any problems..
wht u guys say abt a lancer..expensive spares,no resale value,maintainance...etc..
also wht is the ford ikon model tht comes in the spanish red colour n looks sporty in 1.6..
ikon any plus n minus points ..
guess even a merc has plus n minus points
Old 1st September 2004, 21:28   #24
BHPian

also how much should a 2002 city 1.5 cost...
avg cost
Old 1st September 2004, 21:30   #25
BHPian

also wht is the problem exactly with the pre sept 02 vtecs..
could u explain..
does the 1.5 have any problems or deffects tht i should check before buyin
Old 2nd September 2004, 02:00   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (fonsi @ Sep. 01 2004,19:57)]after u guys *told me abt the problems abt the vtec i think may go for a 1.5 city..
Hey Fonsi,

Just to clarify, the rear seat issues we discussed were for the City 1.3, 1.5 AND Vtec ! (they all run the same suspension setup if i am not mistaken)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]wht is the lancer model tht comes with the sport kits form the co..does it come with the alloys also..
That would be the SFXi. And yes it comes with alloys, but they arent really great looking ones IMO.

cya
R
Old 2nd September 2004, 02:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also wht is the problem exactly with the pre sept 02 vtecs..
could u explain..
Well, i own a 2001 Vtec and the problem is that during bumber to bumper traffic the car kinda jerks a lot in 1st gear. Other than this there is nothing wrong with it, using 93 oct will solve yor problem.

FE wise it's better than the 1.5, i get an average of 16-17kmpl on highways with A/C switched on, the best i've managed so far is 21kmpl.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 3rd September 2004, 02:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

bad ride or good ride,bad seat or good seat,vtec rules.
go for the vtec dude:blues: u will not regret it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks