Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 23:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

condor I have already got my tickets. Spoke to Mahesh today and informed him about the same.
Looking forward to see you guys there.

mobike008 how long are in town? If you are around on sunday maybe we could arrange for a meet.
Old 1st June 2007, 08:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
condor I have already got my tickets. Spoke to Mahesh today and informed him about the same.
Looking forward to see you guys there.

mobike008 how long are in town? If you are around on sunday maybe we could arrange for a meet.
I am dropping in with a couple of friends. and I pmd my mobile number to Condor and i am definetly looking forward to meeting you all guys at the rock show and we can also have a meet on sunday, if its possible.

I will be heading back to Hyderabad on Sunday late night.
Old 1st June 2007, 21:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Both theMAG & Tadu are out.

I will be there by about 7:00 pm. Will catch up at the venue.
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Condor, give me a buzz. I will be there. As will 16v100bhp, and desigNation.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:23   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Was kind of short - about 90 min at best. No opening bands. Decent size crowd, like with Iron Madien.

BUT - Was SAM at the concert ? For a moment I could have sworn it was him.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are you sure you are not confusing him with Mr. Steven Tyler ?
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

He was at the concert.Akshay confirmed..
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Yes he was...........
Old 3rd June 2007, 01:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Are you sure you are not confusing him with Mr. Steven Tyler ?
You gotta be kidding!!!!

Sam doesnt have a knockout daughter like Steve has. At least none that he knows of....

PS: But Steve didnt know about his daughter till she turned out to be a bomb, either!

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd June 2007 at 01:16.
Old 3rd June 2007, 01:45   #25
BANNED

We would like to hear more about the show.
How was it?
Old 3rd June 2007, 02:24   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello all,

Yes, I was at the show. I'm not a HUGE aerosmith fan and was in Pune this weekend, so I chose not to go for the show.
Then this morning I was persuaded by a good friend to go, so I went. What the hell, we have but one life.

So my apologies for not contacting anyone, I arrived an hour before the show and will leave tomorrow. Well today. Technically. I did meet c3po and anush at the show. I will plan a better longer trip next time. I am sorry, it was rushed, please do not think of me as rude.

So about the show. It was fun, but I was disappointed in some ways.

Allow me to explain. There are bands that have fans, crazy fanatical fans that know every song and the lyrics, leads and twists. Bands such as Mark Knopfler (dire straits) Roger waters (Pink floyd), Iron Maiden (OH YEAH!). I use these examples as these are recent bands to play in India. In all these cases, the crowd was able to sing to almost all the songs and relate to them. Bounce to them, yell them out. Each and every song.

It is my analogy that Aerosmith, however is a big band with only a handful of recognisable songs in India. I gathered that over 95% of the crowd was only able to respond to hits such as "Crying" "Love in an elevator" "Don't wanna miss a thing" "Walk this way" just to name a few. But the other songs, well for many this was a first time listen. That changes the energy of the band. To have a crowd that can only respond to 5 of your 20 songs makes it difficult.

They didn't talk much, got straight down to business and rocked it in style. Best buncha old geezers I ever saw and Steve tyler and joe perry were god-like, often.
The band was a bit loose in the beginning, almost like they weren't completely there, mis co-ordinated of sorts. 30 mins into the show and they were banging it in style, with Joe's guitar and Tylers stage antics and frilly shirts and a huge LICK ME painted just above his sensitive area.

The stage production was pedestrian, people that saw the maiden concert will agree that the aerosmith stage, in comparison was very average and the lights nothing great. There was no opening band, no warm up, just "Welcome to Aerosmith concert" in a very bad font for 2 hours before they came.

The sound sucked. Oh it sucked so hard. Very dissapointing. The limiters kept switching on and the sound was loose and wvery and inconsistent. The mix was poor and was constantly hurriedly corrected. Tyler kept pointing to his mic and sometimes his harmonica mic. The guitars were fuzzy and vocals unclear. The bass was tight and hard, but in fits. Overall, it was not justified to charge more for this show than maiden which IMO was a better show, better organised, better band (different genre, but what the heck) and with more entertainment. These boys didn't quite connect with the audience.

I'm not unhappy, I had a blast. But I expected more. But they rocked and in style.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd June 2007 at 02:28.
Old 3rd June 2007, 02:47   #27
BANNED

Thanks for that short but nicely explained report.
Old 3rd June 2007, 04:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great stage presence, horrible playlist.
Old 3rd June 2007, 07:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

What !!! I am shocked. Sounds very unprofessional to me (the setup). Did they not sing amazing, crazy etc ?
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:18   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Yes, I was at the show.
So it's confirmed - I was not seeing a Yeti .

Sam, well described.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
To have a crowd that can only respond to 5 of your 20 songs makes it difficult.

These boys didn't quite connect with the audience.
Would say the audience wasn't upto it. It makes a hell of a difference to the artiste when the audience participates, and makes the difference to length & quality of the concert. We got to hear/see only one extended riff by Joe, else nothing by Kramer or Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
There are bands that have fans, crazy fanatical fans that know every song and the lyrics, leads and twists. Bounce to them, yell them out. Each and every song.
This one was a far cry from stuff like Tom Petty's "Breakdown". He sings the first line, and the crowd just takes off after that, singing so much in a single voice that one would think they had practiced before singing it. If you haven't heard this one, pls do.
Pack up the Plantation: Live - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Btw, The Scorpions are on tour, but doesnt look like there are any dates even close to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks