Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 21:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Similar incident happened to my close relative. Keeping that in mind I asked the very question - how do I differentiate between acidity and heart attack - to a doctor recently. She smiled and replied heart attacks are traumatic and one can "feel" something is very wrong but not so with one experiencing acidity. Not very convinced yet...
I have also heard that in some cases the heart attacks are almost painless, especially in case of those who have high BP and sugar.
I want to hear from the doctors on the forum about the 'real world' usefulness of carrying aspirin, which is said to be helpful during the golden hour.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

I can be wrong here, but still posting this:

Saw a video clip of him on TV about the kind of exercises he did. However, looking back, I dont remember him being of the body building type from his younger days. I can be wrong there. The kind of exercises he seemed to be doing of late, without the early start & continuous work-outs. could have taken a toll on his heart. And thus, the un-timely demise.
Old 29th October 2021, 22:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Similar incident happened to my close relative. Keeping that in mind I asked the very question - how do I differentiate between acidity and heart attack - to a doctor recently. She smiled and replied heart attacks are traumatic and one can "feel" something is very wrong but not so with one experiencing acidity. Not very convinced yet...
Been there and done that.. It's not as cut and dried as the doctor says. I got lucky as mine was not as severe, but definitely took gelusil and what not to try and make it go away.
mohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:16   #19
BHPian

I know this is going to attract a lot of flak, so putting on my helmet before plunging onwards.
Stress does not develop overnight. People now in their mid-30s to late-40s were teenagers when the internet was beginning to impact lives. I am talking about the 1980s. Stress took root at that time. As the mad race to succeed became more and more pronounced, so did levels of stress.
As someone once said: Worry is bully, it only takes. And all these people were under extreme stress from their teen years. To put it in simpler terms, run a new engine at max RPMs for the first 10,000 km, then drive like a proverbial tortoise -- the damage has already been done.
These folks understood the need for a healthy lifestyle by the time they hit their late-20s. But by then the damage has already been done. Once something is damaged, repairs and care can only take it so far.
I mourn the loss of these productive individuals who could have contributed so much to the world.
Stress, like climate change, is a slow killer. We need to be not only informed, but also be proactive if we don't want the present crop of pre-teens to undergo this same dilemma.
Brickbats welcome.
mygodbole is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Here is a sample of workouts he shared last year. He was extremely fit, but lot of these things he is doing require explosive strength, it takes a heavy toll in the 40s.

Samurai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:40   #21
BHPian

Sad news to hear. Fit actors dying of cardiac arrest is rather unfortunate.
Sometimes I feel the doctors also take some precursor events a little lightly. I recently went to a cardiologist having failed my TMT and he just asked if I had any family history of heart issues. When I answered in the negative, he said I’m low risk and that I should improve my diet.

I wonder if someone that Puneeth went to said the same thing.
pandey.jai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 23:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Sad news to hear. Fit actors dying of cardiac arrest is rather unfortunate.
Sometimes I feel the doctors also take some precursor events a little lightly. I recently went to a cardiologist having failed my TMT and he just asked if I had any family history of heart issues. When I answered in the negative, he said I’m low risk and that I should improve my diet.

I wonder if someone that Puneeth went to said the same thing.
Rightly said Sir. When I was reviewing my Master check results, the Doctor was going through Newspaper when I was asking a question. Mind you I am borderline Obese, Cholesterol on border but she dint even bother. This is a Number 1 chain of Hospital in TN.
Ananthang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 23:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Rightly said Sir. When I was reviewing my Master check results, the Doctor was going through Newspaper when I was asking a question. Mind you I am borderline Obese, Cholesterol on border but she dint even bother. This is a Number 1 chain of Hospital in TN.
I’m obese by BMI calculations and my cholesterol is off the charts. It is unfortunate to know that my case was not an exception at such consultations. I chalked my experience down to the cardiologist being exposed to severe cases of blockage and my case probably not truly serious in comparison.

The cardiologist I went to was at Apollo hospitals in Bangalore.
pandey.jai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 00:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear about people of such young age pass away despite being fit. I personally believe fitness is not the only criteria for longevity in life.

While fitness and eating the right food is always a great way to increase your life span, other important factors that matter are :

1. Getting minimum 7 hours of sleep, longer the better.

2. Multi tasking, stressing about every small thing as if the whole world is focused on our success. While the reality is nobody has time to think of others so the stress to impress others and creating a pressure on self is the most harmful thing to do to your overall health.

3. Finally, being happy (even for the smallest thing) is the key to longevity.
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 06:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Puneeth has a trainer. The 'new age gurus' put a lot of stress on their 'subjects'. This matter has to be viewed, as currently he is not in sight
Attached Thumbnails
Kannada Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passes away at 46!-screenshot-20211030-6.06.38-am.png  

Old 30th October 2021, 08:31   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I used to run like a mad horse before I created this thread. Now, I take it easy on my body and do lighter jogging instead. I used to cycle very hard earlier to the point of becoming breathless; now, I do it at 10 - 20% lesser than my capacity. At the age of 44, I do cardio just for fitness & overall well-being, not to become an athlete or model.

Very sad to hear such stories. God bless his sweet soul.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Coincidentally I got a whatsapp forward few days back...of Dr.Devi Shetty talking in a forum.. one of the questions asked is exactly this..

According to him, it is extremely difficult to differentiate this without a proper ECG.

(see circled part)
Attached Thumbnails
Kannada Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passes away at 46!-devishetty.png  

haria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Heart attacks on the rise among young across India, say experts.

Kannada Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passes away at 46!-20211030_093605.jpg

Article
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:41   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Puneeth has a trainer. The 'new age gurus' put a lot of stress on their 'subjects'. This matter has to be viewed, as currently he is not in sight
A learned person had told us that even a yoga teacher must have good understanding of the body and it's functioning. Not just knowing the correct asanas. I will add to this that these trainers must also know more than just all these exercises. It's not just loading and reps and pushing to the extreme.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

The new Apple Watch7 gives ECG. This is very beneficial, and a life saving feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
According to him, it is extremely difficult to differentiate this without a proper ECG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks