Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 13:32   #1
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Kannada Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passes away at 46!

46 year old Kannada film actor Puneet Rajkumar (Thespian Dr Rajkumar's youngest son) suffered a heart attack today, there are some unconfirmed reports that he's no more, wish and pray those are not true.
Link

Source-Deccan Herald
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 14:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

This is a very old news, but this news had a profound impact in my life & hence compelled to share here. From hearsays, he was fit as fiddle, ate & exercised regularly, what he missed was sleep; which made him to sleep permanently

Stress & Sleeplessness are two silent killers; despite knowing this, I'm struggling to curb the sleeplessness for many years now.
aargee is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 14:24   #3
BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

Six years back, incidentally in the month of October, Shivaraj kumar (Puneet's brother) suffered an attack while working out in gym.

With many of my family members (from maternal side) dying of heart attack, some as young as 35 years, I think genetics also plays a role here.

Edit : News reports confirm that Puneet is no more.

Just cannot come into terms that he is no more...

Last edited by AltoLXI : 29th October 2021 at 14:28.
AltoLXI is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Stress & Sleeplessness are two silent killers; despite knowing this, I'm struggling to curb the sleeplessness for many years now.
These two feed off each other.

I am of his age. Even a day's less sleep causes me all sorts of problems. BP, palpitating heart, acidity, blood shot eyes, lack of concentration.

I have decided not trade my sleep hours for any benefits.

RIP Puneeth. He was the most lovable of all three brothers.
fordday is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:46   #5
HTC
BANNED

RIP puneeth. Sad indeed.
He was very much into fitness. He was brand ambassador for TCS 10k run.

Never take your health for granted. Our body is no machine which can be repaired or replaced back to previous state. Treat it like a temple and stay healthy. Stay away from bad habits, bad company and bad food.
HTC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 16:34   #6
BHPian

RIP Puneeth. People who are Active with their lifestyles and in their middle ages are getting Heart Attacks.

Quote:
According to family sources, Puneeth suffered a heart attack while working out at a gym. Immediately he was shifted to Vikram Hospital. Dr Ranganath Nayak stated that his condition was critical when he was brought to the hospital. But the efforts of doctors to revive him went in vain.

Last edited by saisree : 29th October 2021 at 16:57.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:27   #7
BHPian

Unbelievable and saddening. Very talented actor, a very good dancer and singer too. May his soul gets Sadgati.

It looks like keeping the body fit and healthy will not always result into fit and healthier heart.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Apparently Puneet had felt chest pain yesterday night but he went on with the routine gym in the morning.
I wonder how much the fitness watches (which tell BPM, O2 levels etc) would help in such cases.
Guna is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Apparently Puneet had felt chest pain yesterday night but he went on with the routine gym in the morning.
I wonder how much the fitness watches (which tell BPM, O2 levels etc) would help in such cases.
Not much but I can only think of an Apple smartwatch here, which has apparently an inbuilt ECG app that might help to some extent in such cases. However ECG may be completely normal during initial few hours of chest pain ( with an underlying cardiac cause ). Had Puneeth visited the hospital at the first onset of his chest pain yesterday, his fate would have probably been different today. May his soul rest in peace.

-Dr. Vivek
vivek95 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
However ECG may be completely normal during initial few hours of chest pain ( with an underlying cardiac cause ).
Thanks for sharing, I was not aware of this. What about about the heart rate? Could it have zoomed past the threshold while exercising which the smartwatches could detect and alert?
Old 29th October 2021, 20:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if there is anything like "over-exertion" of your body muscles, resulting in a sudden collapse , or focus on Intensity of exercise vs moderate consistency. Experts can weigh in on this.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Just got to know from the news: everything (including ECG) appeared alright on Apple watch when he had experienced chest pain. Ironically, he collapsed while returning after visiting a neighbourhood doctor.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Not much but I can only think of an Apple smartwatch here, which has apparently an inbuilt ECG app that might help to some extent in such cases. However ECG may be completely normal during initial few hours of chest pain ( with an underlying cardiac cause ). Had Puneeth visited the hospital at the first onset of his chest pain yesterday, his fate would have probably been different today. May his soul rest in peace.

-Dr. Vivek
Thanks, Dr.Vivek.

My brother, who is also in 40's, suffered heart blockage and pain finally a stent had to be placed to restore blood supply. He initially thought its acidity related heart-burn (typically called as gas) and delayed visiting hospital all night. Next day afternoon, after almost 16hours later, he couldn't bear the pain and visited hospital only to be rushed to bigger hospital on emergency. A couple of hours later emergency procedure was done and he came out of danger. Doctors there were heard sayings its a miracle that he survived that long without intervention. But how do we know whether it is really heart related issue or something else in those initial golden hours?

Another thing that bothers me is, why is that we are increasingly seeing people who are extremely fit and in, 40+ or even in 35+ in some cases are suffering these heart attacks and some are fatal like the unfortunate and extremely sad demise of our beloved Puneeth (I had a fond memory of taking a picture with him in airport as a fan, he was so humble and made us feel ease observing we are so tensed and exited, and gave a pose for a pic). Is there something wrong that these fit people doing in their daily routine or food that leads these heart attacks?
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
He initially thought its acidity related heart-burn (typically called as gas) and delayed visiting hospital all night.
Similar incident happened to my close relative. Keeping that in mind I asked the very question - how do I differentiate between acidity and heart attack - to a doctor recently. She smiled and replied heart attacks are traumatic and one can "feel" something is very wrong but not so with one experiencing acidity. Not very convinced yet...
AltoLXI is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:34   #15
Team-BHP Support

You can do a lot of complex things for 'fitness', and yes, they can be beneficial when done under proper guidance and supervision, but no amount of exercising and/or dieting is going to offset the harm caused by excessive stress and lack of sleep.

Get the basics right first.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks