Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 14:29   #16

Re: Frustrated by driving practices of YouTube vloggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
This ranges from driving with young children sat on the lap of front passenger to allowing young children to drive cars on public roads.

Other vloggers install aftermarket exhausts to add to noise pollution.
I totally agree! Have witnessed a few incidents of the so called " Acceleration testing, Top speed runs etc", on the OMR & ECR roads of Chennai during peak traffic hours. This puts other's life (pedestrians/two-wheelers) at risk, with these amature drivers trying all stunts to get views and likes. With 7/10 people becoming vloggers this trend is to increase whether we like it or not. Report such videos, move on, and look out for such insane people every time we hit the roads.
Deepak7745 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dangerous practices include visiting a foriegn country to get to know the sex of a child, visiting another developed western nation to give birth to your child for citizenship.

Some of the vlogs posted here are like literally 30 mins long. Folks please calculate the amount of money you earn every hour, its flushing that down the drain watching some brainless content.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
He creates havoc on roads by doing insane speeds on "tuned" rat cars
There are lot of moto vloggers who does this , driving insane speeds within city as well as highway and try to justify it saying road was empty and they have control over the vehicle . Especially this guy, most of his video involves rash and reckless driving .
VigneshMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:51   #19
BHPian

We are a forum, a community with rules, ethics and code of conduct. Youtube on the other hand, is just a largely unregulated crowd.

The examples quoted by OP are such soft versions of what I've seen on youtube. Reckless public road speeders (read 250 kmph+ joy rides), public road stunters, rash in city riding and driving (these guys miss crashing into other traffic by mere inches), etc is a better description of what youtubers have become.

Many so called youtubers have also backtracked on their ways after colliding and crashing once or few times. Some even change their statements from "real men don't need ABS braking" to "Yes, ABS braking saves lives". A certain name comes to mind, isn't it?

I liked the second post of this thread by iamahunter- better to ignore and not increase their view counts.
Disliking is a choice but again, our life is not so cheap that we waste time this way. Plus Google removed dislike counts in one of the most notorious decisions they took.

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 29th November 2021 at 15:52.
Samarth 619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 19:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Over the years I have noticed vloggers engaging in behaviour whilst driving which could be harmful to them and their family members.
If the videos that you've posted are worrisome then you better not watch the one below

We now live in a world where views & likes mean everything to a certain lot, not much we can do!

fine69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 20:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If the videos that you've posted are worrisome then you better not watch the one below

We now live in a world where views & likes mean everything to a certain lot, not much we can do!

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=w_sEugahoN0
This guys videos are all similar, person will kill some innocent person someday.
Old 29th November 2021, 22:17   #22

I always wonder why don't traffic police take a look at these vloggers own videos and take action against them. They are doing a road illegal activity and upload the proof to boast about the same.

Unless the government or the proper authority take actions on such posts on social media, there wont be an end. The videos on facebook and Insta are insane to see what level some people are going to get views and subscribers.
Wolvie2687 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:44   #23
BHPian

This boy is driving over 200km/h on an expressway near Delhi in his R8 and his parents are promoting this kind of behavior, which in my opinion is completely wrong on all counts.
He has done it in a Hayabusa and H2 as well, and these kind of VLoggers can cause accidents to occur. Out of their millions of fans a few will try and copy these stunts and will face severe problems.
KingKong is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 21:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The person's acts are totally dangerous and he blatantly violates all possible traffic laws. At one point in the video, he even cuts across a traffic police vehicle. Honestly, there's nothing else to say here, except be thankful to God that he didn't kill any innocent bystander or a motorist.
Old 30th November 2021, 22:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Related to uTube and especially for these kind of irresponsible videos, I have been noticing there are no dislikes at all in any of the videos in my feed. Anyone else notice it? Even for the last two videos on this thread page, there is not a single dislike.

Any ideas/thoughts on this?

Cheer
Old 30th November 2021, 23:05   #26
BHPian

May be because YouTube recently made all dislikes private?

https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/10/yo...-its-platform/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Related to uTube and especially for these kind of irresponsible videos, I have been noticing there are no dislikes at all in any of the videos in my feed. Anyone else notice it? Even for the last two videos on this thread page, there is not a single dislike.

Any ideas/thoughts on this?

Cheer
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
May be because YouTube recently made all dislikes private?
Thanks Girish.

This is taking the whole mental health thing too far. If someone is creating videos like these driving practices which are ridiculous and more than that downright dangerous they should be called out. Let the general public see on an open platform that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. By making dislikes private they are giving such creators an open license to create bad content without any hindrance and promoting bad practices. Sad times.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 21:45   #28
BHPian

Indian auto-vlogger blocks me for pointing out hazardous driving

Hello Bhpians

The following post is about an issue I had raised with the infamous Indian auto-vlogger Faisal Khan

20/12/2021

Faisal Khan posts an Instagram story of him in a vehicle driving close to a XUV3OO with the passengers using the sunroof by sticking their heads out, The vloggers in question deliberately uses his vehicle's front washer and the overspray hits the faces of the passengers of the XUV3OO, following which he passes a sarcastic line describing his action.

I felt this was a hazardous action which could have led to some fatal road accident, having personally lost someone dear to me in a road accident, I raised the issue with Mr. Faisal and termed the event as hazardous as well as sadistic. The action that was Faisal Khan blocking me on Instagram without acknowledging the issue.

Hope to share this on the forum hoping that we refrain from such hazardous driving and also hoping Faisal acknowledges the issue I raised.

Thanks,

Cliff
Cliff9091 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 22:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian auto-vlogger blocks me for pointing out hazardous driving

Don't give more publicity to idiots like these.

Driving with people sticking their heads out through sun roof? That is another stupid trend.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th December 2021 at 22:43.
Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 22:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian auto-vlogger blocks me for pointing out hazardous driving

Oh Cliff- these are people whom you can’t try to mend. It’s his time and he’s making hay now. I don’t ever look at his video, however tempting it might be.

In the current era of Click,like,comment,subscribe, the only method, as Latheesh rightly points out is to ignore and not to be giving anymore publicity.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks