Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 13:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Frustrated by driving practices of YouTube vloggers

Over the years I have noticed vloggers engaging in behaviour whilst driving which could be harmful to them and their family members.

This ranges from driving with young children sat on the lap of front passenger to allowing young children to drive cars on public roads.

Other vloggers install aftermarket exhausts to add to noise pollution.

I will post a few links:

8 year old kid driving:

Frustrated by driving practices of YouTube vloggers-8yearolddriving.jpg

Kid sat on front passengers laps (2m50s)

Another kid sat on passengers lap (7m 40s)

What would happen if they had to suddenly brake or they collided into another car. Why not promote safe driving by using a child seat?

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2021 at 05:29. Reason: Unavailable video replaced by image
bigman is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Frustrated by driving practices of YouTube vloggers

While I totally agree with you on the unsafe/illegal driving practices followed by these people, I believe that its best to not let these things affect your peace of mind.

Also, such videos shared here(on tbhp) will give them more views and make it more popular, contrary to what your point is.

So best ignore, may be dislike or report it.
iamahunter is offline   (81) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Over the years I have noticed vloggers engaging in behaviour whilst driving which could be harmful to them and their family members.

This ranges from driving with young children sat on the lap of front passenger to allowing young children to drive cars on public roads.
I think, many people in India are not aware of the dangers of children sitting on the front seat, unbuckled, and facing the full blast of the airbag, if it is triggered. Awareness campaign without some laws or rules may be futile.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th November 2021 at 11:41. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability, and typo
daspranab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 18:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Beat Mohammed Nisham's Son!! which apparently became a national headlines followed by many other incidents eventually irked many top official crack cases on him

aargee is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 00:15   #5
BHPian

Safety? Last heard this word in school while studying some subject. We Indians care least about Safety. The list is endless of the things that we do on a daily basis which can be deemed anything but safe. Also remember that this is the Like- Comments-Share generation and they will go to any extent to get it.
Lastly, when the very law protectors brake then with impunity how can you expect the commoners to obey them?
Maverick1977 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 03:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it any different than what we see on the roads daily? It’s probably the same - higher proportion of reckless drivers.

I would say do whatever you can to advise safe practices in your circle (it will have no effect on a large % of them). Outside that, keep a safe distance, and mind your family’s safety.

Oh, and keep away from bike vloggers if above clips disturbed you.

Stay safe!
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 08:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Leave alone front passenger's lap. I have seen small kids sitting alone in front passenger seat and even on the driver's lap on a few occasions. Live, not on YouTube videos.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd December 2021 at 06:19. Reason: Typo
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 10:22   #8
BHPian

In a country where common man prefer FE over safety leading to overwhelming sales of zero star NCAP cars, what more can be said about vloggers who would do anything to get more viewership on their content, they are not the only ones who lack awareness
haisaikat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 10:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^ Common man is not doing anything illegal. It is his personal choice. This is illegal. And also endangers other road users.
Gansan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 13:20   #10
BHPian

I don’t understand why people watch these vlogs. What’s in it for the common folks to see some guy or gal go about their daily routine? Some of these vlogs have millions of views and aren’t even entertaining!
pandey.jai is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 18:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I don’t understand why people watch these vlogs. What’s in it for the common folks to see some guy or gal go about their daily routine? Some of these vlogs have millions of views and aren’t even entertaining!
That's exactly my point. I've never seen those vloggers shared above but I'm sure there many like them and they just roam around everywhere with a GoPro and upload them on YouTube. I don't know what people find so interesting in them that they get millions of views and subscribers and what not. I've seen people vlog about buying a car or bike, driving on city traffic in a regular car, having lunch etc etc but what's so funny or interesting about it. The views they get make them feel like celebrities. They're not even reviewing something like a car or gadget or anything. They just upload their daily life and some people love watching it for some reason unknown to me.

Last edited by Carpainter : 27th November 2021 at 18:42.
Carpainter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 09:02   #12
BHPian

Many will post to generate views and for that, anything unsafe or risky fulfills the criteria.
People driving down the highways with kids or adults standing out of the sunroof, "bloggers" showing top speed runs on public roads, rev bombing with those aftermarket cans, etc will always attract a certain section of society.
This is on all social media platforms sadly and reporting them is really of little use.

A few months back, an Insta/Youtuber wanted to take a few clips of my bike and ride it at speed to "promote" the brand and culture of riding. Not my words, his words.

It's best we share the screenshots when possible and not the links themselves. It'll avoid getting them more attention and views.
trailsndirt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 11:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
They just upload their daily life and some people love watching it for some reason unknown to me.
There you have it,
It's like Bigboss but non-scripted.
People love having a window in anyone's private life to see their daily routine,
& that compels the YouTubers to do something interesting or package the same old mundane routine as clickbait interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
A few months back, an Insta/Youtuber wanted to take a few clips of my bike and ride it at speed to "promote" the brand and culture of riding. Not my words, his words.
Same here, but we avoided them.
Old 29th November 2021, 12:45   #14
BHPian

Most people in TN and Kerala will know this guy.

He creates havoc on roads by doing insane speeds on "tuned" rat cars

eyesice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:35   #15
Kln
BHPian

This post shows why a dislike count is much needed and necessary on YouTube! The geniuses at YouTube have decided that in the name of "positivity", dislike counts should be hidden. Without the dislike button, all we can see is that such dangerous videos have thousands of likes - this will encourage new videos along the same lines.
Kln is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks