Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 01:22   #16
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite
it turned out later that the Dog had Rabies!
anyways, all is well that ends well hehe
That was a close call. After rmy close encounter, I learnt that even monkeys can be rabid and can also possibly carry Herpes. Not a good idea to get bitten by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Our servant lady who was washing clothes outside warned me that this particular cow was very wild. So I walked in, came out with a 10 foot long dusting pole, with a brush at one end.
Apart from the possibility of getting trampled, another danger with cows, horses and donkeys is that they can give a fatal kick if annoyed. When I was in my teens I once gave a good (but friendly) smack to the rear end of a horse ridden by a guard. The guard got very angry and explained to me that even though I stood by the side of the horse, if annoyed it can very quickly turn around and deliver a fatal kick before I could so much as react.
Old 30th May 2007, 02:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Though its the BEAR that Im terrfied of .. not BEER but the animal BEAR
Though I'm sure Khaadu that when you've had some BEER you would very well be able to take on a BEAR!!!!! What say
Old 30th May 2007, 11:57   #18
BHPian

Well. I for once got chased by elephants :-) I was in a jeep in Sathyamangalam forests (driven by Range Officer Chidambaram, who got murdered by Veerappan a month or so later. Very sad) and I was taking photos of an elephant herd crossing ahead of us.
One adolescent paniced by the sound of the camera (old SLR) and started running. Immediately the elephants (big ones) at the back started trumpeting and started chasing. All I can remember is the rush and sore body after the jeep went over many bumps. The jeep behind us later said that the elephants did not chase for long and went back to protect the herd instead. Lesson learnt (use a long telephoto lens for wild life shooting instead )
Old 30th May 2007, 12:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Animals are not good friends of Team-BHPians.. hehe Elephants, monkeys, dogs, cheetahs,tigers,bears.. all are after us!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks