Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 21:59   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
didn't get this point. if your baby has ticks, shouldn't you rather be consulting a doctor? how'd he/she get them in the first place?
maybe it's time for a mattress change..
rofl
aah, he meant the dog which came recently, not baby!
Old 1st June 2007, 22:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
didn't get this point. if your baby has ticks, shouldn't you rather be consulting a doctor? how'd he/she get them in the first place?
maybe it's time for a mattress change..
Every dog has his day
Old 1st June 2007, 22:23   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
rofl
aah, he meant the dog which came recently, not baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Every dog has his day
Ohh! That was pretty dumb on my part. Thanks for clarifying guys - I was zonked for a few minutes there!
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:22   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Ohh! That was pretty dumb on my part. Thanks for clarifying guys - I was zonked for a few minutes there!
Seems you got checked before I cud come in and say a few things ...
Old 4th June 2007, 10:34   #65
Team-BHP Support

Operation 'TerminAntz' successful

Guys,
The weekend was a slightly busy one, and so posting this only today.
On Friday loaded up on the required ammunition for the assault. Went to the supermarket and looked around for some of the products which was suggested on this thread. HIT was available, but not for the ant variety. It was mostly sugeegsted for roaches and mosquitoes. Got hold of Laxman Rekha for as little as Rs. 15/-. While on the lookout, spotted a product which i had never heard about, called NO-P. It was clealry mentioned to be used against all insects and most importantly had what i was looking for - Red Antz.

This is what it looks like :

It retailed at 65 bucks, and was also mentioned to leave behind a fragrance, rather than a stink which Baygon and HIT do.

Sprayed the product at the areas where the antz were at a maximum, the corners of the doors, balcony region, kitchen table and so on. The smell was quite good, and one couldnt be blamed for doubting if it was after all an insecticide. The effect was immediate. Soon in a matter of minutes, there were dead antz all over the place. (Check out the snap where you can find dead ants beside the can under careful observation). Sprayed some even on the kitchen table to form a sort of a laxman rekha so the antz wouldnt cross it and they didnt. Now, my house if free of antz, and life goes on happily.

Dont we all just love happy endings.
Old 4th June 2007, 10:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ben.. party time!!
Old 4th June 2007, 10:57   #67
Team-BHP Support

Partying, we already did.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ben.!! MISSION SUCCESSFUL..!!!!

The ants i see in the pics are quite deadly. I had bad experience with them in God's Own country..

Last edited by kpzen : 4th June 2007 at 11:20.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:31   #69

Bensb29, Maybe now you should star in one of those amazing teleshopping ads (simply great voiceovers and acting. My favourite - Magic Bullet) : Mai pehle bahot niraash tha...chintiyaa mujhe aur mere parivar ko bahut trasta karti thi...main so bhi nahi sakta tha. Sone se pehle kuchh meetha khata tha to chitiyan mooh me chali jaati thi..Team-BHP pa bhi is issue ne paanch pages kha liye thhhheeee.

Aur ek din mere local store mein mujhe No P dikhayi diya (nahi, yeh diaper ka alternative nahi hainnn). Ab meri pareshani ka hal mujhe mil gaya hain...Ab main bahut khush hoon aur meri sugar level vapis badh gayi hai, aur main jyada hyper rehke Team-BHP par raat raat jaagkar posts karta hoonn...
Old 15th June 2007, 21:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

Damn!
I got a House centipede in my home. (This is how it looks like. Pic taken from bugguide.net)

Old 18th June 2007, 11:27   #71
Team-BHP Support

@Dceite : I am not sure if this is a family forum, and although TBHP doesnt advocate violence, what i would suggest is to squash it with some footwear, and use a newspaper to get rid of it, and clean up the remains.

Mission accomplished.

P.S. : Assuming there is just one in your home.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:06   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Bensb29, Maybe now you should star in one of those amazing teleshopping ads (simply great voiceovers and acting. My favourite - Magic Bullet) : Mai pehle bahot niraash tha...chintiyaa mujhe aur mere parivar ko bahut trasta karti thi...main so bhi nahi sakta tha. Sone se pehle kuchh meetha khata tha to chitiyan mooh me chali jaati thi..Team-BHP pa bhi is issue ne paanch pages kha liye thhhheeee.

Aur ek din mere local store mein mujhe No P dikhayi diya (nahi, yeh diaper ka alternative nahi hainnn). Ab meri pareshani ka hal mujhe mil gaya hain...Ab main bahut khush hoon aur meri sugar level vapis badh gayi hai, aur main jyada hyper rehke Team-BHP par raat raat jaagkar posts karta hoonn...
Great imagination!
Old 19th June 2007, 14:53   #73
Team-BHP Support

benbsb29, We're extremely happy to see you happy and ant-free

Keep some of those cans in stock cause you never know when you need them again. Keep your kitchen clean. That's the first gala invitation for ants to gate crash.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2011 at 16:02. Reason: Opening thread based on a BHPians request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks