BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Dude... great show i saw it.. Was just wondering how much Moollhhah
25K as shown on TV

Congrats Karthik.
Old 12th June 2007, 10:30   #17
BHPian

Wow that was one amazing product and loved it. Would like to have it installed someday on my swift. They have shown being installed in Swift in the TV program and I am really pleased with the results. Way to Go !! Karthik. Any idea where it can be installed in or around Pune.
Old 13th June 2007, 06:54   #18
BHPian

We are waiting for the YouTube links...
Old 13th June 2007, 19:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karthik. Have seen the cars that have your product. Nice work there. Please post the you-tube linky.

Just need a clarification. Does the engine need stronger internals in case one is interested in going for these ECU's? I understand the revlimiter can be bumped off by 1000 or 1500 RPM. Can these ECU's be reporgammed (DIY) depending on need basis or driving conditions?
Old 17th June 2007, 17:33   #20
BHPian

@aditya, the engine does not need any other mods for going with a programmable ECU (if other things are stock).. One has complete control over all engine parameters, you can set the limiter at 1000RPM or 10000RPM , and yes, they are custom mapped for the particular car, engine and driving style..

For the other guys, I cant believe 30megs takes forever to upload on a 512kps line.. i am trying to do it for the 3 days, by the time it completes something else comes up.... Either way, it should be done today..
Old 18th June 2007, 05:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post

For the other guys, I cant believe 30megs takes forever to upload on a 512kps line.. i am trying to do it for the 3 days, by the time it completes something else comes up.... Either way, it should be done today..

..burn it to a DVD and Fedex it to me ,I'll upload it ..I got a 6 meg line.. at home
Old 18th June 2007, 08:19   #22
BHPian

allrite chetanhanda thats a fast line but atleast i have 2 meg line! oh why do i even bother

@rdkarthik : is the video uploaded cant wait!
Old 18th June 2007, 09:44   #23
BHPian

All right, here it is, finally !!!!

Old 18th June 2007, 09:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Awesome man, congrats comming up with it all by urself!!!!

BTW, can u give a rough estimate of how much (bhp or %) the power goes up as well as torque figures??
Old 19th June 2007, 14:41   #25
BHPian

Congrats Karthik! Had to hunt down the video yesterday since I didn't see this thread then....well put and well done! (and yes, u can still count on me coming in sometime before fall for an ECU)

PS....did u see my message on some other thread about MAP SCANNERS? I know u put in map values yourself based on test drives and trial & error....but could u use a map scanner to find out stock values first?

I'm asking because there's a division in my company that uses/makes these map scanners and if u find them useful, maybe I can hook u up! peace...
Old 19th June 2007, 18:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
@aditya, the engine does not need any other mods for going with a programmable ECU (if other things are stock)
I understand that high revving engines have high wear and tear. So if the ECU is programmed to limit the rev's at say 7500 RPM which is 1000RPM more than stock wouldn't the engine need stronger internals to avoid damage to the head/piston's, etc.

Another question is that supposing the revlimiter is not bumped off and is maintained as per stock (6500RPM for the esteem) does the ECU help in pumping more fuel and air to make the car quicker? that means faster 0-100 timings if i understood it right. correct?

Will i also need higher octane of fuel for better performance? If yes what octane level should be maintained?

P.S. is there a special T-bhp price for us members?
Old 19th June 2007, 22:38   #27
BHPian

well done karthik, really proud of you.

regards
tifosi.
Old 19th June 2007, 23:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I understand that high revving engines have high wear and tear. So if the ECU is programmed to limit the rev's at say 7500 RPM which is 1000RPM more than stock wouldn't the engine need stronger internals to avoid damage to the head/piston's, etc.

Another question is that supposing the revlimiter is not bumped off and is maintained as per stock (6500RPM for the esteem) does the ECU help in pumping more fuel and air to make the car quicker? that means faster 0-100 timings if i understood it right. correct?

Will i also need higher octane of fuel for better performance? If yes what octane level should be maintained?

P.S. is there a special T-bhp price for us members?
Hey aditya, i would suggest you just drive that wonderful machine without being so suspicious about every mod you make. The esteem is capable of some extreme things in stock state, i dont think you can take it further than that unless you are a race driver driving on the tracks all the time.

P.S. My OLD stock carb esteem takes me to 110 in 2nd gear, so what ?
Old 19th June 2007, 23:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naditya
U picked up this doubt from a suzuki forum.
When an engine revvs beyond a certain rpm, the wear and tear increases exponentially.This is why the rev limiter is included in the ECU. Auto manufacturers place the rev limiter a little lower than the threshold value for reliability sake.
So, taking calculated risk, the rev limiter value can be increased from stock value by upto 500 rpm or a value calculated by the tuner depending upon the requirement.
To minimise the wear and tear at high rpms, car owners who are revv happy should opt for super synthetic engine oil.

Strengthened/forged internals are used mostly for forced induction engines because of the high stress levels/torque produced.Engine internals manufactured for NA applications "blow" under FI conditions which would need an engine rebuild.
Forged internals cost multiples of the NA parts prices.So, using forged internals for high revving is not justified pricewise.
Old 20th June 2007, 13:34   #30
Team-BHP Support

finally!! great going dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks