Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 19:09   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hot Threads | How do you like our "Retro" series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
The initial thought that I had when I first saw the retro was: "Oh man, is TBHP forum now dying as well that they have to resort to showing older content"
On the contrary

1. Some days, we don't have room for any more hot threads. We frequently have a hot threads backlog! Some of you might have received PMs from us saying "your thread is going to the homepage tomorrow (not today)".

2. Our content is growing, batladanny. Our forum quality & quantity are better than ever before. With the utmost humility, I will say that Team-BHP is the best forum in India (even if you include the non-automotive), and among the best worldwide.

Last edited by GTO : 19th May 2022 at 19:10.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 21:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am sure many of you have already noticed it. At the end of each day's hot threads list (updated every morning) is a sneaky new entry that starts with "Retro:"

It is basically the hottest thread from this day, last year. Team-BHP has new discussions everyday and we thought it'd be amazing to revisit the hottest thread of last year.
Like the thought

These are jewels you are sharing and should make for excellent reads for some of the newer members and even older members who might have missed them.
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 21:56   #18

I absolutely enjoy these as I have newly joined the forum and this feature gives an insight into what happened at the same time last year.
biker92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 08:00   #19
BHPian

I really enjoy these 'retro' threads. It is also a way to have a look at some threads that we might have missed reading. Another 'retro' I would like to see is the threads (ownership reviews, travelogues etc.) that became a hit among bhpians and the ones they liked the most. It would be great to revisit those threads
DIV17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, the reason for going 1-year back (and not 5) is:

- Our Thanks Analytics lists the hottest stuff from this day, last year (3rd category).

- 4 & 5 year old threads will be outdated.
That makes sense but I guess the editorial team can compile a greatest hits of sort for all the old and interesting threads? For example, I often see “ best of “ in askreddit, usually the best threads about a specific topic.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
The initial thought that I had when I first saw the retro was: "Oh man, is TBHP forum now dying as well that they have to resort to showing older content"
To be honest, a similar thought came to mind when I saw the feature as well. I thought it was a way to drive more clicks/views, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote:
On the contrary
2. Our content is growing, batladanny. Our forum quality & quantity are better than ever before.
Glad to hear that's the case!

Would suggest a complete re-look/re-vamp of the landing page though. Do we have numbers/webstats that show how many people are clicking on each block or category on the landing page? I suspect some of the blocks or categories on the landing page don't see many clicks, they can be removed and the real estate used to make things more visual, re-arrange them according to usage. (Will add more details in the 'suggestions for Tbhp' thread.)

Last edited by am1m : 20th May 2022 at 11:38.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:54   #22
BHPian

Given that on any day, around 3 travelogues get featured on the hot threads section, wouldnt it be a better idea to split up the Retro section into 2 parts - one for the automotive bits and the other for a travelogue ? Something like this perhaps?

Retro (Travelogue): My Coastal roadtrip across Karnataka
Retro (Automotive): Adding Xenon HIDs to my Ride

Above topic names are just examples to explain this use case and may not be real post titles.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 14:40   #23
BHPian

Yes, indeed I like it, though avid readers like me, remembers these threads by heart, but anyways its fun to go through them once again.
Sach_511 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks