Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 14:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

@NC - Well, the bus driver survived, so you have to pin the fault on him. Some familyfriends were travelling in a car in kerala, when some idiot on the other side cut in to their lane and had a headon. The other car driver died, so they have pinned a case of neglignet driving on our car driver.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

also, the ToI article says that the dude was returning from Office. that means that the BPO where he works serves alcohol!!!
but why must they mention that its a BPO emp? if it were anyone else, they would have just said 2 killed in accident. Are they trying to prove that all BPO employees are rash, stupid or even worse, negligent?

Whats worse is that the same issue carries two articles: 1. Drunk BPO employee kills two
and 2.
Speeding car crushes 2 kids in Delhi

Sometimes you wonder what is happening to the news today? are they actually still reporting or are they sensationalizing?

Last edited by madan80 : 19th June 2007 at 14:11.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
also, the ToI article says that the dude was returning from Office. that means that the BPO where he works serves alcohol!!!
Which TOI article is this? The one I read clearly mentions that he was driving home at 3.15 am after a party at Faridabad............amazing that the same newschain would have conflicting reports.

Last edited by suman : 19th June 2007 at 14:11.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

And another one READ HERE
Old 19th June 2007, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont belive this. Did you read the quality of the reporting? its like a storybook. step by step what was done. Gwash... what is the quality of our press?
Old 19th June 2007, 14:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The kids were sitting on the pavement actually
Oh.. sorry about that. What i mentioned was what i had inferred from the article. Didnt get to read the newspaper, and so missed out on the news, if at all it was there in the Bangalore edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well, fate stepped in.......
That sums it all.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And another one READ HERE

Thats a juvenile attempt at writing a short story or should I say essay.
Old 19th June 2007, 15:19   #23
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Manik, u caught my words...I know that but what I meant was that u cannot kill 2 people in at speed (even if u loose control) and spot on..
It is still pretty hard to lose control of a Santro at 50-60 kmph. It is one of the easiest cars to drive.

The driver is responsible, but so is the pothole on the road, for which the authorities must be held accountable. Must have been a pretty bad one for a driver to lose control like that. We take these potholes for granted, but they are killers and this tragic accident is a perfect illustration of that fact. People could see these at the last miniute and swerve wildly, causing the loss of control. In this case probably the car must have turned after hitting the pothole and the driver may not have had his hands firmly on the steering wheel and failed to control the car. Amateurish driving, for sure, and probably under the influence.
Old 19th June 2007, 19:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

I was seeing the same incident yesterday on TV. No matter if there is a fault of driver or not he is still guilty of charges coz its India until he is proven innocent.

Any car can loose control no matter its safe / stable. And well it depends upon driver too. Manik knows I have taken 180 degree turn on M800 at speed of 60+ and was in full control but that doesn't mean that i cannot loose control if car at speed of 40...

And Indian law on road accidents needs major improvement. I have seen cases like A guy driving a car braked hard and the guy on scooter behind him hit the car and dies on spot and car driver is charged guilty.

One of my recent incident in Delhi where some people started saying me why i braked hard. I was driving a Santro and an Optra in front of me braked hard so i braked hard pulling the hand break too. The guy behind me braked hard but the skoda, NHC, M800, Verna and some other could not break and hit each other (not major) and they started saying to me why i braked hard and everyone was looking at me and the uncle who was driving optra like we are guilty people. DAMNIT....

Most Viewed