Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow.. This is news to me.. I was not aware of this.. Thanks Ajmat..

Godfather
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Nice Ajmat. Just got hold of bangalore mirror and read the article. The management of the mall trying to feign ignorance. I cant believe he actually said it's upto standards and I am not aware of previous incident as I have just joined. Ridiculous.
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the article in bangalore mirror, it got my blood boiling to hear such irresponsible attitude by the mall authorities.
good work ajmat in making this issue reach the media.
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad that I stick to my preference of avoiding all malls. Hope the elder lady is recuperating well.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

Ajmat, good thing you did there.
I was wondering if there was a mail id of this contact you could perhaps provide us with? Would be useful to have it around.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:02   #21
BHPian

Good Work Ajmat.

I have been to Garuda only once. I never dared to go back there after that visit. That place has traffic jams within the mall itself.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:24   #22
BHPian

Sorry for going OT.

I was wondering if we can see this incident as a thought provoking one. There have been many issues we face in the city and many were discussed in TBHP at length..like, Easing Bangalore Traffic , Goondaism by call center taxi drivers , Errant petrol Bunks etc to quote a few..Each time a topic came up for discussion, there have been hue and cry over them and suggestions poured in from various quarters to improve the situation. But can we all agree that we couldnt do anything major to curb these issues other than some plain talking? I always felt that we end up talking to the wall and then conveniently stop and move on!

It is a known fact that Team-BHP has more than 12000 members and it's share from Bangalore is significant. Why don't we assume ourselves as a responsible unit, which atleast can bring some common issues to the authorities using the right contacts?? As Ajmat has mentioned in the first post, he opted for approaching the Press because of obvious reasons and he was successful to bring the issue to a publication, which reaches the mass and has got a good brand value of TOI. I am seeing this as the right step that should be followed by T-BHP, with Moderators taking up the responsibility to identify and raise the issues discussed over here for the interest of common public, in front of authorities using Press as a medium.
Atleast we can be sure that such an action would instigate for some response from the authorities who, otherwise are not easily reacheable for the common man.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:16   #23
BANNED

i would not agree less with menonrajesh, we as a group need to take up some concrete steps for the betterment of our city.
Old 2nd July 2007, 00:25   #24
Team-BHP Support

really sad new this.

Boy dies after falling from 4th floor of mall in Bangalore-India-The Times of India

Garuda mall better get their act together.

I know it's garuda since I heard it from a friend who was there.
Old 2nd July 2007, 08:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
really sad new this.

Boy dies after falling from 4th floor of mall in Bangalore-India-The Times of India

Garuda mall better get their act together.

I know it's garuda since I heard it from a friend who was there.
Did times of India hide the Mall name in the News paper as well? They are horrible this way, pretends to be with people but genuinely loyal to all mafias
Hindu had the mall name given clearly.
Old 2nd July 2007, 08:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Did times of India hide the Mall name in the News paper as well? They are horrible this way, pretends to be with people but genuinely loyal to all mafias
Hindu had the mall name given clearly.
Mall's name is mentioned in the article.
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its 6th floor not the 4th floor ?
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:27   #28
HKP
BHPian

Guys

" I can offer my condolences only for the parents. Parents should take care of the child" These are the comments that the owner of the garuda mall made. Ref: times of india report.

I have decided to boycott this mall from now on. Please join me. Do not visit this place for at least next 6 months. Please tell your friends also. about this.

//hkp
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:49   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sincere condolences to the family of the child. But one question, isn't it the duty of the parents to see what the child is doing and not let him lurk around gaps such as these? I am failing to see the point where people are blaming the Garuda guys here. To me it seems parents were equally careless too.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:57   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Sincere condolences to the family of the child. But one question, isn't it the duty of the parents to see what the child is doing and not let him lurk around gaps such as these? I am failing to see the point where people are blaming the Garuda guys here. To me it seems parents were equally careless too.
there shouldn't be a gap in the first place. all malls will have kids. and kids do wander off however careful you are. it happens everywhere in the world.

The mall's safety has to be top notch. safety is not only fire hazard evacuation but also small things like sharp corners, loose wires, gaps, broken glass, slippery floor.

One of my friends sprained a leg at garuda while coming down the stairs inside westside. one of the stairs had wiring across it which was covered by tape. due to the wire jutting out the leg slipped and sprained. that may not be garudas problem but is westside's problem.

Yes I also agree that parents can do their part by being more watchful of their children.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks