Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 09:29   #61
BHPian

Re: What's your organization's 'Return To Office' (RTO) policy?

Have been working from office since June 2020, after lockdown was officially lifted. Worked from home for a few more weeks during lockdown 2.0 once again. But have been working at office in general. I find my productivity levels to be high when I am in office environment. With proper precautions, vaccination and Gods's grace - have not been affected by COVID.
Old 1st October 2022, 11:14   #62
BHPian

I have been WFH since March 2020. I do visit the office occasionally. This WFH is mainly due to me undergoing angioplasty six months ago and the situation at home.

But in general my company is quite relaxed about people coming to office. A mail was sent to all some months ago about mandatorily coming to office two days a week but almost no one heeded to it. Also we saw a small exodus from the company.

So now it is upto each manager as to how s/he wants the team to attend office.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 18:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

Our organization's RTO policy can be summed up as "yeah, alright, come to the office if you feel like it". We all understand it as "if face to face interaction makes you deliver more efficiently then come to office".
Old 2nd October 2022, 06:25   #64
BHPian

My company's return to office came into effect since October 2021. They have asked to work on a hybrid model but the employees and teams dont really come since they're so used to the work from home model.

If asked to come to the office, most people on the team ask 'Why?' or 'Is there a reason to come?'. I myself head to the office on Wednesdays even though I initially thought I would try and go three days a week.

And when I go on Wednesdays, I usually leave at 7.50 am to get ahead of the traffic and get back home immediately after lunch.

Last edited by jensjoseph : 2nd October 2022 at 06:25. Reason: Spelling
Old 5th October 2022, 02:29   #65
BHPian

Our work from office had resumed in April 2022. Working for a US based Investment bank with offices in Pune and Chennai.

All teams in our office have been divided into 2 groups and for each group it's alternate week work from office.
Old 21st October 2022, 13:44   #66
BHPian

WFH. No chance of commuting from whitefield to RR nagar that too on my Himalayan. Work is getting done and thats all that matters.
Old 28th November 2022, 07:49   #67
Team-BHP Support

While we discuss the merits of WFO vs WFH, here is what a person who switched from retail job to office job thinks.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/retail-...us-office-job/

Retail jobs never had WFH, and they are also very brutal.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:31   #68
BHPian

I am curious about the leagility of the WFH model. There were some news that 50% of staff were allowed to WFH for a period of one year but only if you fall under a SEZ. As usual with all such news it was half baked with no clarity.

I would like to know from people who run their own companies, what is the legal guideline on WFH ? Does the GoI allow permanent WFH ? Our UK colleagues have been designated "home workers" for those who choose permanant WFH. Does India also have any such policy in place to allow permanent WFH ?

If not , than what is the current guideline on allowing WFH to staff ?

I am a curious because many from our team (ofcourse hearing from their UK counterparts) have started asking for this permanent WFH facility and wanted more clarity on the legal framework/guideline around it.

Regards
Diesel
Old 28th November 2022, 13:11   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I am curious about the leagility of the WFH model. There were some news that 50% of staff were allowed to WFH for a period of one year but only if you fall under a SEZ. As usual with all such news it was half baked with no clarity.
If you don't fall under SEZ, you can do 100% WFH, provided the organization goals are met.

There is nothing government can do if 100% of company staff do WFH. I am doing it and government doesn't care.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you don't fall under SEZ, you can do 100% WFH
Seems you are now allowed 100% WFH even as an SEZ subject to certain compliances. Refer one of the articles on the updated SEZ rules here: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...3-9674081.html

This however is currently capped till December 2023 in terms of duration. I would optimistically hope it gets extended further keeping in mind the realities of the "new normal" for workplace models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks