Team-BHP - The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/25760-tv-streaming-shows-thread-no-spoilers-please-50.html)

Anyone watching 'Person of Interest' TV show ? It promises to be a seat-edge thriller. It has overtaken CSI-NY in popularity. It is about how a Billionaire hires an ex-Green Beret/CIA operative to use the electronics eavesdropping system he developed to prevent crimes before they occur. ‎Jim Caviezel acts as the ex-Green Beret operative who is a perfect fit for the role - silent as a ghost, cold and incredibly efficient.

9/10 in my view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 3158304)
Anyone watching 'Person of Interest' TV show ? It promises to be a seat-edge thriller. It has overtaken CSI-NY in popularity. It is about how a Billionaire hires an ex-Green Beret/CIA operative to use the electronics eavesdropping system he developed to prevent crimes before they occur. ‎Jim Caviezel acts as the ex-Green Beret operative who is a perfect fit for the role - silent as a ghost, cold and incredibly efficient.

9/10 in my view.

Slightly far fetched, but what the hell- it makes for great viewing. Hope you caught Fringe...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 3152685)
Any reviews about Newsroom ?

I saw all the 10 episodes over the weekend and its quite an interesting series. Dry at places, however interesting and definitely watchable. However to fully understand the series, one needs to be clued in to the internal US politics.

The other day while shifting channels, saw a very familiar face of Mr Byomkesh Bakshi on one of the DD channels. Needless to say, sat through the entire episode and enjoyed it in entirety !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 3158522)
I saw all the 10 episodes over the weekend and its quite an interesting series. Dry at places, however interesting and definitely watchable. However to fully understand the series, one needs to be clued in to the internal US politics.

Yeah, I watched a couple of episodes and had to google the tea party movement details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3158534)
The other day while shifting channels, saw a very familiar face of Mr Byomkesh Bakshi on one of the DD channels. Needless to say, sat through the entire episode and enjoyed it in entirety !

One of the best Indian TV shows ever. Too bad it is a rare sighting on TV these days.

Quote:

9/10 in my view.

:thumbs up

Currently on season 2. It gets better. :)

Hi! check this video Vladimir Putin singing :). Must be an old video, hope we can see one of our politicians also sing.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...charity-dinner

Kiran

Quote:

9/10 in my view.

Love that show , any idea when the final season is starting ?

I watch burn notice too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion (Post 3158316)
Slightly far fetched, but what the hell- it makes for great viewing. Hope you caught Fringe...?

You mean Mr.Finch ?
It may not be all that far fetched. You see the Snowden issue ? NSA always had the capability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashutosh (Post 3159748)
:thumbs up

Currently on season 2. It gets better. :)

But in India they have just started with Season 1 whereas in the US they are in Season 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 3160365)
Love that show , any idea when the final season is starting ?

I watch burn notice too.

In FXCrime they just started the first season. In Amazon they are selling the entire season in DVD. The first season costs 15 USD while the second season is 35 USD. I have CSI NY collection in DVD. It is about time I started collecting PI too. :)

45 min of Suspense and Action - worth watching in a Rainy day.

Anyone HOL & HOC fans out here?

Was recommended HOC by a friend who said this is one of the epitomes of dark politics, Kevin Spacey in a killer role

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-hoc.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-hol.jpg

Yet to watch, will do once i finish Mad Men

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage (Post 3160752)

Was recommended HOC by a friend who said this is one of the epitomes of dark politics, Kevin Spacey in a killer role

Yet to watch, will do once i finish Mad Men

Do remember to watch the original 3 part series made by BBC - House of Cards, To Play the King, The Final Cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 3160570)
You mean Mr.Finch ?
It may not be all that far fetched. You see the Snowden issue ? NSA always had the capability.

But in India they have just started with Season 1 whereas in the US they are in Season 3.

Oh, did not know that it started broadcasting here. Which channel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage (Post 3160752)

House of Cards fan here. Just can't wait for the 2nd season.