Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 11:58   #1576
mxh
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
IMHO - Battle of B's was just meh! There was nothing unexpected in the episode and apart from a small bit of good cinematography, it was just plain jane. The story line and direction does not come anywhere close to Ozymandias.

In general this season has been a big letdown and I dont hope for a big flourish ending either.
I agree, the plot is just too weak this season. I suspect it's because the TV series came out before the books, but didn't expect it to be so bad though. Why would Jon behave like that in the beginning of the battle? How come Arya recovers so easily? I also miss the gory excitement of the previous seasons, things like the the fight between the mountain and Oberyn, the scene with Joffrey Baratheon etc. In this season they cut out before such scenes and leave it to the imagination.
Old 21st June 2016, 12:25   #1577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Gentlemen, your views on whether "Battle of the *******s" will overtake "Ozymandias" as the best rated TV series episode ever. IMDB already has nearly 50 thousand votes till date for the former.
Quote:
IMHO - Battle of B's was just meh! There was nothing unexpected in the episode and apart from a small bit of good cinematography, it was just plain jane. The story line and direction does not come anywhere close to Ozymandias.
Breaking Bad was at a whole different level when it came to plot development. There were times when the action would be stretched out so long that you'd start wondering whether Vince Gilligan had finally lost it...then he would come up with a twist that you wouldn't have imagined in your wildest imagination! I was addicted to the predictions thread on Reddit and it was amazing how he managed to beat even the cleverest of posters there!

GoT has a different dynamic: with GRRM's writing of the last book now virtually abandoned, it seems, and Weiss & Benioff's handling of the script seems dictated more by practical considerations- wrapping things up- than any real focus on providing a satisfying climax. What is most annoying is that the timeline has gone completely for a toss- everything seems to be happening in real time these days- a battle lasting a few minutes, really? I really miss the earlier seasons where the action was more sedate and well-paced.

Even Peter Dinklage seems ill at ease in his new avatar of the servile courtier. The self-deprecating humour that was his hallmark now comes across as playacting. And the complete absence of one key character whose return plays a major part in the books is most frustrating!
Old 21st June 2016, 14:16   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Ozymandias & Breaking Bad in general are in a totally different league! Unparalleled!
Those unexpected twists and turns of breaking bad is something that other shows lack, they do have their own twists but not in the league of BrBa. That will forever remain as the best piece of television history, ever. Breaking bad set the bar so high that I find it difficult watching other shows! However, better call Saul seems to be extremely promising, especially season 2 which had us on the edge of our seats just like it's predecessor, Breaking Bad.

Dang, I miss that show so bad! There were even Gustavo posters doing the rounds a few weeks ago, they seemed a bit fake but I would love to have another spin off of BrBa.
We will REMEMBER YOUR NAME, Heisenberg
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:28   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Not much feedback here on the series "Blindspot".

Anybody can summarise how is it?
Planning to watch it - there are 23 episodes in Season 1.
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:26   #1580
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
So I had finished watching this a day after posting the above post.

And Then There Were None is a 3 episode mini-series and is based on a book by Agatha Christie of the same name. I haven't read this book luckily which is praised by many so I was very excited about watching the mini-series and after 3 hours later, wasn't disappointed a bit. Within minutes of watching the first episode I was hooked and knew it's gonna be gripping.
There's something about British Television shows or the way they picturize. I just love'em, maybe it's their accent, I don't know. And ATTWN was no different!
Thoroughly loved the mini-series and highly recommended to all those mystery buffs like me out here.
Watch "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" if you have not read the corresponding Agatha Christie book.
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:15   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Watch "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" if you have not read the corresponding Agatha Christie book.
Thought it was a new miniseries or some such but after searching on Google, I assume you are referring to the episode from Poirot with David Suchet. Is that correct?
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:18   #1582
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thought it was a new miniseries or some such but after searching on Google, I assume you are referring to the episode from Poirot with David Suchet. Is that correct?
David Suchet has played Poirot in many episodes, but yes, this one too has him playing Poirot.

This one is possibly the best work of Agatha Christie.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:35   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thank you for the suggestion! Have heard a lot about the Poirot series. Will definitely watch this episode over the weekend.
Old 26th June 2016, 06:31   #1584
BHPian

I am surprised to see no mention of Person of interest in last few pages. If you have not seen it, please check out the pilot and you won't be disappointed.

As per no spoiler rule, the story is about cyber spying, but taken to a completely different level.
Old 28th June 2016, 23:58   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Game of Thrones season finale!! Obviously I can't reveal anything about the episode other than the fact that it made me yell "awessssome" a couple of times, which I think I had done only when watching Breaking Bad.
Suffice it to say that don't delay watching this episode any more.
The music itself gave me goosebumps.
Old 29th June 2016, 14:43   #1586
BHPian

I really loved the background music in the season finale of Game of Thrones. Overall, the season was okay. There were some good moments but also some poor writing at times. Hope the next book is released soon, so we can see how George Martin handles many of the plot points.
Old 29th June 2016, 14:52   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Any Suits fan in here? Just finished season 5... one word BloodyAwesome!
Old 29th June 2016, 14:52   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I really loved the background music in the season finale of Game of Thrones.
Yes the track has become a superhit since the last weekend. "Light of the Seven" is already my ringtone.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:48   #1589
BHPian

Just a heads up , Modern family entire season 7 is up for binge watching this weekend in Star World HD.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:56   #1590
BHPian

GoT season 6 started off slowly but the last episode was just awesome! Everything just came together perfectly and has set the stage for the next 2 (hopefully no more!) seasons where am assuming battles will be for King's Landing and then with the white walkers!

Anyone who hasn't seen the episode, please see it ASAP!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks