Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 10:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Everything Pune : Queries related to living & settling in Pune

As a policy, I try to avoid peak traffic times and always follow traffic rules.

But if someone is intent on breaking them, I do my best to let them do it and try to cause no hindrance to it. My assumption here is that there is a good reason why they are in such a hurry. I will not be the person who pisses them off.

Also, when on a 2-wheeler, I try to ride 5-10 kmph faster than the rest of the traffic around me. Speed limit be damned. That is just the way I stay safe and ensure that nobody is creeping up on me from behind and startling me. The fact that my 2-wheelers have been at least above average in terms of power output for the past 14 yrs has helped. If anyone is trying to go faster still, they are putting in a lot of effort and need to be rewarded for it .

I have been in Pune for ~15 yrs but have been at the receiving end of road rage exactly once, in Feb 2023. That was an Innova Crysta driver who refused to get a move on and I was the person in a hurry honking from behind. The result being, the guy blocked 2 lanes on the road, got down from the car and walked to my window to talk to me about it.

My response was to not look the guy in the eye and refuse to lower my window or get out of the car. I just gestured that I need to go and he got the message.
antz.bin is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks