Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 22:52   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP.com on JBL Ad....Sam Bhai's tribute?

Well I got my hands on the July issue of ACI (after ages, I must add), and I saw the JBL ad on the back cover. To my surprise it had "This one's for Mr.Psycho. Got BHP? www.Team-BHP.com"

Sam Bhai! Is this your tribute for our very own and beloved site? By the way, its a great idea to add more and more members and make this beloved forum strong. Well done oh Lord of Yeti's, I am BIGGER fan now (of the Yeti).
Old 12th July 2007, 22:54   #2
BHPian

i will try to get my hands on a copy tomorrow want to see this first hand!

way to go Sam Bhai!
Old 12th July 2007, 23:00   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I remember seeing Sideways, JKdas names too on the adds prior to this. Not sure if there were more. But either ways, good going Tattooed Hairy Tree (or is it YETI?).

PS: Sam intimate your boys from next time yaar. This Yeda tuner didn't know until I called him from God's Own Country and told him about it.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th July 2007 at 23:01.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
PS: Sam intimate your boys from next time yaar. This Yeda tuner didn't know until I called him from God's Own Country and told him about it.
sam bhai, are you not supposed to take permission of a person before putting him in a magazine .
Old 12th July 2007, 23:47   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey.... how could we forget the best one ever >

cya
R
Old 12th July 2007, 23:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

this cant be possible ......Sam Bhai !!!!
Old 13th July 2007, 00:02   #7
BANNED

Hes been doing it for ages now ... all JBL ads have the we support team-bhp tag line .

Cheers
Old 13th July 2007, 00:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow man, sam can pull some serious strings by the looks of it.

OT: BTW, khaadu, high time you changed the location in your profile.
Old 13th July 2007, 02:45   #9
BHPian

As far as i remember each and every Ad of JBL on autocar magzine has some or the other tag line which refers to team-bhp.com
By the way i came to know about team-bhp.com from one of these ad's.
Cheers to apna Sam bhai..

Vijay
Old 13th July 2007, 07:50   #10
Team-BHP Support

One the right side of the ad says Sam kapasi, may 07!

Noticed it only now. Some of the ones i have from the past editions(haven't postd the repetitions). Enjoy!

August 2005- Nice work team!
September 2005- keep rocking!
November 2005- Let's JBLfy! Thanks jkdas

march 2006- A big shout out to team-bhp
August 2006- You crazy crazy team-bhpians
November 2006- What me? Dandiya?

January 2007- Got bhp? Congratulations rtech!
February 2007- 10,000 strong and counting.
March 2007- we love and support www.team-bhp.com
May 2007- Got bhp?
july 2007- This one is for Mr. Psycho.

EDIT: Shouldn't the title be 'Team-bhp.com on JBL ad... Sam bhai's tribute?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th July 2007 at 07:52.
Old 13th July 2007, 07:59   #11
BHPian

maharaj sameer singh kapasi ki jai ho

i just noticed all this now! its on every jbl ad in autocar india, the guy did a lot for team-bhp.

3 cheers! to him
Old 13th July 2007, 11:22   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, I just saw this thread!!! Thanks guys, but the thank you is not required, really. I do it because I love this site, just like you guys. I'm just able to do this, because I'm blessed, that's all.

Well, wow. FYI, every JBL and Infinity advertisement in India in every Auto magazine (Overdrive, Top Gear, Autocar, Car India, Malayalam Top Gear, What Car etc.) has had a Team-BHP tagline. This has been going on since 2005. Only 2 advertisements have not carried this line. So this is a little delayed reaction, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
sam bhai, are you not supposed to take permission of a person before putting him in a magazine .
Technically, yes. But people here are nice, they let me get away with stuff because I love them and they love me.
To the best of my knowledge, the first BHPian to be featured in the tagline was JKdas, as a thank you for coining the word JBLfy. He was so thrilled, he bought multiple copies and even went to his local installers to show them that his name was on the JBL ad. After this many have been featured, including Sideways, navin, now Psycho and ofcourse, Rtech was featured for many months before his wedding, in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey.... how could we forget the best one ever
This was part of a little (little= nationwide publications) joke we pulled on Rtech, LBM, if you remember, it extended to many avatars of him playing dandiya. It's very real and if you like I can give you the month and year of that issue. It will be worth good money someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
By the way i came to know about team-bhp.com from one of these ad's.
There are many members that have cited the ad as the reason they joined. That itself is a pleasure and the reward for doing this.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This was part of a little (little= nationwide publications) joke we pulled on Rtech, LBM, if you remember, it extended to many avatars of him playing dandiya. It's very real and if you like I can give you the month and year of that issue. It will be worth good money someday.
Yes. It indeed was very real! There was a certain period on this board where I swore I was seeing multiple ME's (although disguised nicely by Rehaan) all over the place! Even people I had zero interaction with had it.

And one day the pranker will become the prankee!
Old 13th July 2007, 11:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Technically, yes. But people here are nice, they let me get away with stuff because I love them and they love me.
yup we all love you buddy, you have lot of fans here in hyderabad and most of them(including me) you havent met.
as the title goes, Sam Bhai's tribute? ..... Its a nice surprise gift by you given to the team-bhpians......

keep on keep it on....... the JBL.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:37   #15
BHPian

same here guys, i too joined team-bhp, after seeing the JBL creative... infact i have also written that on my profile.... Apart from that i have been a fan of JBL and Sam Bhai ( ) from the day i started working with crossroads where sam had his store on the thrid floor of the Mall, where sam use to blast his music system to show demo's to his clients and the person next store (samsonite or VIP bags) use to complain. I always wanted to work with Him, reason : Music and Music systems, and yeah ofcourse sam the great yeti. Being a great fan of JBL , i pushed my friend into buying their subwoofers, and basstubes, trust me they are really happy with its Outcome.

So Keeep it up Sam

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 13th July 2007 at 11:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks