Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 23:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
in Normal conditions...doing 150+ and seeing someone cross the road 100mts or + ahead...first sends you into a state of shock....there is no reaction time and you just intend to slam the breaks...there no time to think of shifting down gears or falanah and dikhna.....The more narrow the road is, the faster you seem to be going...the wider the road the slower it seems that your going....so 150+ may not look like much on the expressway but on a normal highway it would look/feel superfast in the eyes of the driver..

i completelty agree with what your saying that in a panic situation you jus slam..but if youve always downshifted when u brake it happens naturally...jus as u slam...u shift down as well...it like a reflex action.

rev
Old 16th July 2007, 23:54   #32
BHPian

never thought it is so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
what is OD ? are you referring to Overdrive ? I would rather prefer my own judgment.
The numbers are not to rely on for accuracy, but I thought could give us a reasonably good idea.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I am sure not many will agree with me. But this is the main intention of track days. To make each one of us better drivers, make us understand not only the limits of our own cars but also our own. I can bet that every person who has attended a single track can proudly come out and say he has learnt a lot which he couldn't have figured in more than 10,000kms of driving on highways or cities.
I agree with you 200% on this one. It is equally imperative to know ones own limits in addition to the limits of the car. I myself though have the tendency to floor the pedal to the metal, keep looking at the speedo time and again so that whenever I cross 100 or 110 kmph, I consciously take my foot of the accelerator. Better be safe than sorry !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks