Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 15:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread

Dug out Jaspal Bhatti's skits from Ulta Pulta with many of these compiled on YouTube into a 50 minute show. In fact, he rose to national fame with these skits, that earned him his rightful place among comedians of the times :-

anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 07:04   #17
BHPian

In the 80's, Mr. Jaspal Bhatti used to be the cartoonist for the The Tribune Newspaper published from Chandigarh, and I still remember it was satire only. The earliest program by Mr Jaspal Bhatti, was the Punjabi 'Rang wich Bhang' meaning disruption in enjoyment. It was telecast over Jalandhar Doordarshan in the 80's, and usually in the middle of Chitrahaar or the weekly Hindi or Punjabi movie.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd May 2023 at 07:17. Reason: Typos
gsratta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 07:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaspal Bhatti's comedy Ulta Pulta :-
Remember him being seen behind the wheel in a close up shot showing the seat and steering as in the second picture down below.

He says to his wife "I had always dreamt during my childhood about driving a government vehicle and today my dreams have come true."

Slowly the camera showed the full government vehicle (as in the last picture) and it was a MIGHTY ROAD ROLLER !

The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread-fb_img_1693966861358.jpg

The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread-fb_img_1693966855906.jpg

The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread-fb_img_1693966849709.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 6th September 2023 at 07:59.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 10:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

He was a family favourite and ruled North India television for a long time and this show was hugely successful including the UK and Canada. Cassettes of these shows recorded and for sale both went outside India at a time when the internet and OTT did not exist.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr Bhatti on 2 occasions in Chandigarh. What a humble personality.

Last month most recently I was on a flight to London form delhi with my family and we were accompanied by a gentleman in the upper class cabin who was quite and extremely humble - he was sitting next to me and I felt his face was so so familiar only to realise he was an actor from the Punjab film industry also know for carry on jatta - we got chatting at the bar and he then mentioned how his career started with Flop Show and that's when I realised he was in every single episode as a side character and of course he now is a common face and has starred in hundreds of movies. BN Sharma is his name. Here is a picture - most of you who remember the show would remember him. Here is him scolding me for not speaking fluent punjabi

The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread-img_6243.jpeg

The Jaspal Bhatti wit, sense of humour and slapstick comedy thread-img_6244.jpeg
vkochar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 15:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
BN Sharma is his name. Here is a picture - most of you who remember the show would remember him.
Wow what a catch. B.N Sharma together with Jaswinder Bhalla are such legends of Punjabi cinema second only to perhaps Jaspal Bhatti. Great to see B.N. Sharma in real life. He looks exactly the same for the past several decades.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 16:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Another short Jaspal Bhatti (with B.N.Sharma I think )comedy flick :-

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th September 2023 at 16:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks