Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 23:16   #16
BHPian

Re: CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars

Being aware of common unethical practices with customer data and having an understanding of how CRED makes money with free data provided by customers, I believe CRED is after something big. The garage feature appears to be aimed at gathering and verifying data, which the company will likely transform into a highly profitable venture. The model looks similar cred pay where they collect massive financial data and use it for multiples revenue model.
Old 4th October 2023, 00:18   #17

I also use cred but only to pay credit card bills. I have not given sms permission to cred to keep my financial data safe. Thus I cannot use the garage feature at all (it asks to enable sms permission).

I just take whatever little cashback they give and provide them as little of my data as possible. They anyways have my credit scores, credit card numbers etc.

PS: first post!
atin001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 13:12   #18
BHPian

Please be aware of privacy implications.

Did CRED seek your permission before fetching the details from wherever they did?

And, who's to say they won't sell this data to third parties (for ads or whatever)?

Actually, it's not cred who's to be completely blamed — it's those other entities from where cred pulled the data (vahaan, banks, phone companies, reading text messages on your phone etc) that should be secured first.

What I'm saying is, cred should have informed the user before it fetched the data. And they should be transparent about how they use your data.
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 15:16   #19
BHPian

Convenience over data privacy. This is a topic of long debate and deep awareness. I've always gone with data privacy. Ages ago when Cred was launched with so much fanfare with tons of rewards. I downloaded the app but dropped mid-way through the registration process as it was seeking too much information from me. And I was skeptical about the app itself.

I never allow permission for SMS to any app - except the banking apps
And I don't give permission to irrelevant things to any app. For example, why milk delivery app needs permission to gallery & photos.

I'm seeing many BHPians using CRED in this thread - How do you weigh the convenience provided by the app? over the data privacy. Or do you have a work around to protect data?
vigneshnr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 16:10   #20
RMN
BHPian

I saw this new feature and clicking on it asks me to give consent to fetch all the data. Seems like many of you dint get it?
Old 18th October 2023, 15:06   #21
BHPian

Curiously, In My garage one car is from Jharkhand, with the same owner's name, does that mean my PAN card or Aadhar used somewhere else without my knowledge?
Old 29th October 2023, 09:00   #22
BHPian

Just tried this and realized that it shows i have a challan that i have no recollection of. As per mparivaahan the amount is small but it won't allow online payment just keeps saying go to the local court which is in another city.

Any idea what can be done in cases like this?

Also i wish my car looked as fancy as the renders CRED shows
Old 29th October 2023, 17:01   #23

I fetched my data and it is showing that I have Venue N line, when I have a i20 N Line. Wonder where this incorrect data got added. At the RTO end or Cred. There was no Venue N Line when I purchased and registered my i20 N Line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks