Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 23:18   #1
BHPian

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars

I've been using Cred for a while now for tracking my bank accounts/cards payments and also FastTag account.

Just today i noticed a new Garage feature for cars. Just a quick click and i was surprised to see almost all my car details on the app.
Boon or a Bane? Idk yet. Let me know your thoughts on it.

It has plenty of details so I'll let the screenshots do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231001230225.jpg  

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231001230238__01.jpg  

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231001230320.jpg  

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231001230249.jpg  

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231001230339__01.jpg  

Last edited by PrasadS : 1st October 2023 at 23:24. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors and added photo
PrasadS is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 03:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars

Funny that CRED added an extra car not belonging to me, to my Garage. I presume the data they get is based on Vaahan phone number records, but obviously those records are not quite accurate.
SS-Traveller is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 07:33   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its a good feature which Ive been using since last Wednesday.
Only two irritants;
all the details are present and correct and synced with Digilocker, but the Dugilocler integration is poor. It may be at Digilocker end though.
And then the Fastag Balance for one of my vehicles just never seems to get updated. It always shows 0 Balance irrespective. Whereas for the other cars, the balance is perfectly synced. All my vehicles use Fastags from the same service provider only.
But overall it is a good addon in terms of providing all details in one place at a glance.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 07:33   #4
BHPian

For me Cred Garage shows both my cars. The data is almost accurate. It has access to my sms so with their algorithms they are showing the expense. Now the technology has limitations to map which expense is for which car hence all transactions like fuel, warranty etc are mapped to one car. There is no option to edit and bifurcate the expenses and map it to the correct vehicle.
Moreover, Cred is requesting access to digilocker to fetch documents and store it in the Cred App. I haven't given access as it would then get into many other documents along with that of the cars'.
I have been a fan of their design language and they haven't disappointed with the Garage feature as well.
PS: This is pertaining to multiple cars. With single car ownership, the data should be near accurate.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 2nd October 2023 at 07:34.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:05   #5
BHPian

lThe features and the sheer convenience of getting to track multiple options on the same app is commendable.

The only negative thing for me is all the data they pulled out without even asking for permissions.

When i clicked on the challan option, i was added to the Traffic Police App without my consent. Even got a sms as below:
Vehicle no. MH43xxxxxx is added to my vehicles in Traffic Police app by user having mobile no. 9500200788 MHPECH

Since i got an SMS, i assume the car is registered under my phone number on the Traffic Police app despite being add by someone else.

Their lucky draw have cars as winning prizes. I never seem to win anything good though
PrasadS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Their lucky draw have cars as winning prizes. I never seem to win anything good though
As Team BHP community we all need to try that lucky draw. If none of the thousands of BHPian win it then you know it is Crude and not Cred I always win some vouchers for everything I never intend to buy
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 16:06   #7
BHPian

Only thing I benefit from using this app apart from mParivahan is that it shows my vehicles PUC validity. Yes the KA PUC certificate validity doesn't get updated in mParivahan for some unknown reason. Previously I had to resort to checking puc validity in the website. To manage my spends I use the Fuelio app

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 09:15   #8
BHPian

So apparently I drive a Willys 1.6TDI. So much for accuracy!

CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231003_085658_cred.jpg
GeneralJazz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Funny that CRED added an extra car not belonging to me, to my Garage. I presume the data they get is based on Vaahan phone number records, but obviously those records are not quite accurate.
If I were you, I would make sure my PAN or Aadhar was not misused by someone to buy a car. Please verify once.
Naetik30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:07   #10
BHPian

Howsoever convenient it may be, things are downright scary these days. All our data is lying out in the open for these companies to fetch and use. The app doesnt even ask for any consent to fetch your data from Digilocker or Parivahan site.
Recently i had got a refund from lenskart which had been paid through Cred app. Cred showed me that the refund was done to my bank acc ending with "xxxx- abcd" whereas i didnt get it. They could not locate the money. Finally my money was found in one of my pvt ltd company account (xxxx-xyz)which is not even in my name and was never added to any apps whatsoever. The only thing common was that both bank accounts use same phone number. But we need to agree that we have lost control over our own things now.

Things are really scary.

Last edited by car-dent : 3rd October 2023 at 13:09. Reason: spelling
car-dent is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:15   #11
BHPian

My vehicle details are all correct except for the most important part, the brand and model itself is goofed up �� should have been Fiat Palio Stile Multijet, rather it is Kawasaki kdx. ��
Attached Thumbnails
CRED app now has a new 'garage' feature for cars-screenshot_20231003150813829_com.dreamplug.androidapp.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2023, 16:16   #12
BHPian

It is not taking Up details from RTO website for sure.
In my profile, it showed 3 cars, One is in my wife's name (My number in RTO and Hyundai Records), another in my Brother (Brothers number in RTo records, but i have given my number during last service,otherwise my name/Number not associated with that car) and third is in my Father in law's name (I was the user and had my number everywhere, has been sold recently, but of course that hasnt been updated anywhere yet) .

I tried searching for my car which i recently acquired preowned, it showed up the previous owners name and wrong Model,etc.

So i am not sure where is the data picked up from? Most probably it is from Car companies Service data records.

Last edited by car-dent : 3rd October 2023 at 16:18.
car-dent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:48   #13
arb

Likely the data is through multiple sources, even cross sharing across the different insurance/ fintech portals. I have my mother's car mapped to mine, the only thing I do for her car is to pay for insurance through my account in one of the online portals. The car registration, insurance, name, associated mobile number are all my mothers yet I see it tagged to my cred.

~ArB
arb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb View Post
Likely the data is through multiple sources, even cross sharing across the different insurance/ fintech portals. I have my mother's car mapped to mine, the only thing I do for her car is to pay for insurance through my account in one of the online portals. The car registration, insurance, name, associated mobile number are all my mothers yet I see it tagged to my cred.

~ArB
This only goes on to show how vulnerable our data is in hands of these companies. Cred is even showing complete vin and engine number in many cases.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
This only goes on to show how vulnerable our data is in hands of these companies. Cred is even showing complete vin and engine number in many cases.
I make FastTag payments through Cred. So I'm assuming that they pulled all my accurate data from my FastTag provider as i remember submitting my RC card to get a FastTag.

Members who are shown wrong vehicle details, are you using Cred to make FastTag payments?

Also, I'm soon expecting to be bombarded with insurance offers from Cred once the policy expires. Roll 777 to get a full insurance cashback

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks